What Level Of Domestic Violence Is Acceptable?

sarahsbloke

This is really a men only question.

In the western world this is pretty much a done deal, you get hit and you walk.

But here we all are living in the LOS, where we all know that the reality is hot tempers and short fuses.

So when you are married to a local lady, what level of domestic violence do you tolerate.

It seems to me that everyone I know has been punched, scratched or slapped by their wife at some time or another.

Do you walk out at the first event, do you allow it to happen once but warn not again, or do you just accept it as part of the life, mai pen rai?

What is your experience and opinion?

Long term relationship only please, not interested in a short time gf where clearly you leave.

Edited by sarahsbloke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute 0-tolerance for domestic violence here.

I am living together with my Thai wife very happily since about 12 years now and we never had a confrontation that was not be resolved nearly as smooth as silk.

I guess if real violence would ever happen our relationship would be beyond repair and we both know that.

So far we never even came near the point of any form of violence and I'm pretty sure we never will.

Not sure the best way to answer that.

My wife and I just don't have that kind of relationship. Sure we get angry from time to time (that's what happens when you share your life with another person) but it's never come any where near physical.

A mate of mine in Pattaya, on the other hand, often comes in with a torn shirt and scratches. He still stays so the 'making up' after the fight must be worth it.

Different horses for different courses methinks...

I cannot relate either. My wife (of three years) is not violent nor temperamental. I am easy going too, so i guess we are a good fit.

Fortunately I was raised in a home that was free of physical and verbal abuse, and my wife was raised in the same environment. I am not saying that we never have disagreements as all relationships encounter them, but when disagreements do happen between us they are handled in a constructive way.

We also have an 19 month old son, so we try to create the healthiest environment that we can for him.

If my tiny, sexy lady slapped me, she would hurt herself more than me. It would be more comedy than domestic violence.

On a more serious note I doubt if I would throw her out because she slapped me. If, on the other hand, she attacked me while I was asleep or drunk, that would be another matter entirely. I'd never be able to trust her again and I have lots of life left in my loins yet so do not want to die prematurely or lose my appendage. :)

Absolute 0-tolerance for domestic violence here.

I am living together with my Thai wife very happily since about 12 years now and we never had a confrontation that was not be resolved nearly as smooth as silk.

I guess if real violence would ever happen our relationship would be beyond repair and we both know that.

So far we never even came near the point of any form of violence and I'm pretty sure we never will.

Fully agree

What are the odds that domestic violence of this nature is directly propotional to the dispersment of marital assets?

Let the money flow and avoid the unhealthy blows. Simple. Like most things in Thailand, actually.

Its one of those things incomprehensible to the rest of us.

Some women accept being hit or slapped (I gather they think this proves the man loves them :) ), others would attack back or, just leave.

Same with men.

a good slap round the face from the lady you love is probably healthy,means she cares enough about you and the relationship you both have to go to that extreme and that you have upset her big time and she is showing you.As another said attacking you with a knife is a different story................i'd be out the door quicksmart.

a good slap round the face from the lady you love is probably healthy,means she cares enough about you and the relationship you both have to go to that extreme and that you have upset her big time and she is showing you.As another said attacking you with a knife is a different story................i'd be out the door quicksmart.

"Its one of those things incomprehensible to the rest of us.

Some women accept being hit or slapped (I gather they think this proves the man loves them :D ), others would attack back or, just leave.

Same with men."

I REST MY CASE.... :)

What kind of question is this?

Has your big bad wife been beating you up again?

NO violence, domestic or otherwise is acceptable.

Gee this guy asks some very strange questions. :)

What sort of a bloke has an avatar like this guy? Me suspects its not just his questions that are a little strange. :D

What sort of a bloke has an avatar like this guy? Me suspects its not just his questions that are a little strange. :D

He's not the only one.

I still can't believe this post - "a good slap round the face from the lady you love is probably healthy,means she cares enough about you and the relationship you both have to go to that extreme and that you have upset her big time and she is showing you"

I mean <deleted>??? :D

He's not the only one.

I still can't believe this post - "a good slap round the face from the lady you love is probably healthy,means she cares enough about you and the relationship you both have to go to that extreme and that you have upset her big time and she is showing you"

F1, if you were my lady, I'd give you a neat little paddling on the backside :D does that count as the sort of voilence he is talking about? :D

He's not the only one.

F1, if you were my lady, I'd give you a neat little paddling on the backside :D does that count as the sort of voilence he is talking about? :D

Believe me, you wouldn't unless you wanted far worse back! :D

Incidentally and, I quote "a good slap round the face from the lady you love" is not a gentle anything. Its inexcusable in any language.

^whilst my previous post was an attempt @ making u smile, I agree with you totally on this one.

Sorry Neverdie, I did realise you were lightening the mood, but violence (from either partner) is one of the things about which I have no sense of humour!

Hi

I thought Thailand was the land of 'face' and 'suppression'

My wife has never hit me and vice versa . . . that's what the sulks are for aren't they - the Thai alternative to violence?

(except for the knife under the bed of course!)

David

Edited by DavidOxon

when me an my missus first started going out, maybe a couple of weeks in, i took her to a club and i'm quite mow an try get up close like dirty hip hop dancing style; she turned round and smacked me in the face! i say smacked but i mean punched, closed fist, right in the mouth, chipped my tooth an all :) ; thats when i knew this girl was for me! haha ,,, she appologiesed but said dont ever disrespect her again, we havent and never had a problem since, 4 years and 2 kids later.

i'm suprised so many people say they'd walk over even 1 little slap. most men i know just accept thier womens odd slap as just a bit of moodyness, menstation related, but usually only after they done summin wrong in the first place. B a Man! not like a little lady slap really does you any harm is it. If its regular and she's a real nut then fair enough leave, but i'd thought it would be a wieghing up of all goods and bads, not sum matter of principle like a fassy. If she pulled a knife or summin then i'd be strait outa there though, physco!

lady should never be hit in my opinion and any man who does is a one real cowardly pssyclat

Edited by mccw

There seems to be a disconnect between what we want to believe and reality. For example, if we take Finland, hundreds of Thai women are either living at the mercy of violent husbands, or are employed as sex workers in “massage parlours”. (From Government report of June 2009). Who would have thought? Finland of all places.

http://womensphere.wordpress.com/2009/06/0...und-in-finland/

Perhaps it is time we open our eyes.

There seems to be a disconnect between what we want to believe and reality. For example, if we take Finland, hundreds of Thai women are either living at the mercy of violent husbands, or are employed as sex workers in "massage parlours". (From Government report of June 2009). Who would have thought? Finland of all places.

that is suprising but whats it got to do with the topic of mans accepting abuse?

There seems to be a disconnect between what we want to believe and reality. For example, if we take Finland, hundreds of Thai women are either living at the mercy of violent husbands, or are employed as sex workers in "massage parlours". (From Government report of June 2009). Who would have thought? Finland of all places.

that is suprising but whats it got to do with the topic of mans accepting abuse?

It is off topic, but I have to say the Finns are hard people - the local women can (generally) stand up for themselves, but a woman who's been imported is quite likely to be in trouble....

Before anyone accuses me of racism - my mother's Finnish.