Apple Ipad In Mbk

kevc

3G version not out yet. Anyway imported 3G versions will not work here in Thailand:

1. Micro-sim

2. Carrier locked to AT&T, no unlock or jailbreak currently released for iPad.

It's not carrier locked. It will work as soon as the operators here offer micro SIM cards. I can't imagine this to take very long, really, I'd think they will offer micro SIMs as soon as the iPad officially launches in Thailand, which is "later this year".

From a random google search on the topic: "Steve Jobs bragged onstage that Apple's new iPad isn't locked to a specific carrier"

And yes, it's not out yet - it will come soon in the USA.

EU price the usual rip-off. Presumably includes 20% VAT though.

I read a while back before the iPads were released that maybe a sim could be cut down to micro-sim size. It is essentially the same chip with a less plasic body i think. So if you have got a steady and accurate hand the 3G version could work here on release.

Anyone know the current price for the 64GB version in MBK?

can't decide wether to get one now or hold out. hoping it won't be too much more than the UK price which will probably have a hefty premium compared to the US

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can sell the 32GB 3G for just 36,000 and the 64GB 3G for 40,000 Baht.

I also have others, like 32GB Wifi, 16GB Wifi and even demo model 16GB Wifi for just 20,500 Baht.

My company is in Rayong but we can ship to anywhere in Thailand.

Our full prices:

iPad 64GB 3G = THB 40,000

iPad 32GB 3G = THB 36,000

iPad 32GB Wifi = THB 30,000

iPad 16GB Wifi = THB 24,500

iPad 16GB Wifi Demo Model = THB 20,500

Accessories available:

iPad Camera Connection Kit • Original iPad Case

Edited by capo

I also have others, like 32GB Wifi, 16GB Wifi and even demo model 16GB Wifi for just 20,500 Baht.

Our full prices:

Accessories available:

Overpriced, but thanks for the offer.

I'd recommend everyone just wait for the current supply issues to resolve. When I ordered my 16GB WiFI in the USA right after they were introduced, it shipped within 24 hours. Now shipping is 7 - 10 business days in the USA.

Classic sleeper hit. Everywhere I go with the iPad, people are drooling over it.... but I mean let's face it the price is the biggest attraction of the iPad so i don't see the point in paying more now.

So let me understand this. A 16/32 or 64GB WiFi model bought in the states will work in Thailand?

I ask due to going home in a few days at which time I would carry 3 back for my children.

So let me understand this. A 16/32 or 64GB WiFi model bought in the states will work in Thailand?

I ask due to going home in a few days at which time I would carry 3 back for my children.

Yes of course. Wifi is wifi, there is no country lock on that. Much like a laptop.

Yes of course. Wifi is wifi, there is no country lock on that. Much like a laptop.

For the record, there's no lock on the SIM / 3G iPad either. The iPad is unlocked. Always. No matter where it was sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Our full prices:

Accessories available:

Overpriced, but thanks for the offer.

I'd recommend everyone just wait for the current supply issues to resolve. When I ordered my 16GB WiFI in the USA right after they were introduced, it shipped within 24 hours. Now shipping is 7 - 10 business days in the USA.

Classic sleeper hit. Everywhere I go with the iPad, people are drooling over it.... but I mean let's face it the price is the biggest attraction of the iPad so i don't see the point in paying more now.

I have a new 16GB (sealed in box) if anyone is interested 24K.

I am on Samui.

Our full prices:

Accessories available:

• 1 year later...
I'm sorry we are too dumb.

If there are threads saying that iPads were bought at "MBK", especially at "my usual place", they must be authentic, same as is all the electronics bought at MBK.

I think this dumb person has now seen the light.

No problem man! Glad I could clear that up for you.

lol NO IDEA what you are talking about, I buy most of my electronics at MBK and they are all legit. You probably freak out and send your drink back when it comes with ice in it at 5 star hotels right? Thinking the ice isnt safe and all the other "just got off the boat" myths you believe.

Gosh, you don't seem to be laughing much in this thread...