Tq1 On Beach Road

thainet

Thanks for the video JimSiam. Had it spread, that fire could have wiped out not only TQ but much of the block.

Now here was a chance for the Songkran hooligans to make themselves useful, squirting water on the fire. None to be seen, though. Of course, they would likely have thrown gasoline on the fire rather than water.

Well, I'm looking forward to having a cold one in the TQ again in a few weeks then! That place is a Pattaya treasure, warts and all.

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a life it's a go go bar for christ sake. 1000000 more there, just go round the corner.

You've obviously never been in there, next time you are in Thailand give it a try you might find a life for yourself.

It's not JUST a Go Go Bar it is an institution.

Very sad to see this happen :)

Get a life it's a go go bar for christ sake. 1000000 more there, just go round the corner.

You've obviously never been in there, next time you are in Thailand give it a try you might find a life for yourself.

It's not JUST a Go Go Bar it is an institution.

Very sad to see this happen :)

Dead right, they attract just the right mix of long termers and visitors. Whenever I get back my first port of call, after dumping the baggage, is TQ's and Joe or Woody would always greet me with "Welcome home" and it certainly felt that way.

I lived in Thailand for over 20 year's. If I had to resolt to having to go to a GoGo bar just to get a life, I would consider myself one of the sad peep's.

Popular Bar severely damaged by fire caused by faulty air-con unit

PATTAYA:-- Just before 4.30 on Friday Afternoon, Pattaya Fire Rescue Units were called to the scene of a fire at the Tahitian Queen Bar located on Pattaya Beach Road. The fire had taken hold during a busy time at the bar which is a popular afternoon venue, especially for ex-pats. The bar has been at the location since 1978 and customers and staff members fled the bar as soon as the fire began.

Full story and more pictures

HERE

gallery_327_1086_7880.png

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-04-17

post-22250-1271497678_thumb.jpg

For all the NEW be's. That bar used to be called school girl bar, yes has been there for ever, but not as TQI. Correct me if Im wrong.

Seeing as you have lived here for over 20 years, and everyone one else on here are 'NEW bes" (nice use of capital letters there, your point is?) perhaps with your wealth of local knowledge you could tell us?

BTW, mine is bigger than yours :)

For all the NEW be's. That bar used to be called school girl bar, yes has been there for ever, but not as TQI. Correct me if Im wrong.

Seeing as you have lived here for over 20 years, and everyone one else on here are 'NEW bes" (nice use of capital letters there, your point is?) perhaps with your wealth of local knowledge you could tell us?

BTW, mine is bigger than yours :)

My post was in reply to I had to go there to get a life. Im sorry but I dont think so. As regard to it being TQI 20 year's ago last time I was there to my recollection was less 15 year's ago, when all the ladies had school girls uniform's on. Hence the name. Maybe some one can ask the owners when it reopen's. Next time Im in Pattaya, I'll pop in and see how I can improve my time on this mortal coil. That's if I dont get a smack in the ear. Enjoy.

Glade to hear everybody got out OK, I am worried that one day there will be a fire in a Pattaya entertainment establishment where there will be lose of life because of the lack of emergency exits or they were locked.

Google this......................................8 dead and 58 injured as fire destroys the Route 999 Nightclub in North Pattaya.

My post was in reply to I had to go there to get a life. Im sorry but I dont think so. As regard to it being TQI 20 year's ago last time I was there to my recollection was less 15 year's ago, when all the ladies had school girls uniform's on. Hence the name. Maybe some one can ask the owners when it reopen's. Next time Im in Pattaya, I'll pop in and see how I can improve my time on this mortal coil. That's if I dont get a smack in the ear. Enjoy.

I think you are mixing it up with Classroom on Pattayaland 1 or maybe 2 (always get confused between the two). Classroom was okay at first but then they extended it and it lost all of it's "intimacy".

I lived in Thailand for over 20 year's. If I had to resolt to having to go to a GoGo bar just to get a life, I would consider myself one of the sad peep's.

Up to you, but you still don't know what you're talking about. Anyhow seems you've done the rounds of gogo's but still not the best.

TQ1 is (was) one of the very few bars that has any character.

Great music and beautiful girls.

The place actually has an atmosphere opposed to the usual seedy, grim offering.

This building was opened in 1975 as the South Seas Cafe, run by a long time friend of mine. Udom Patpong owned the land and building and asked him to come down from BKK and set it up, which he did.

He only had it 2-3 years when it became the TQ, as I recall. He still lives in Pattaya.

Went by there today. The roof is pretty much off, to be replaced. Good thing the rains haven't started. Inside, it's dark and looks pretty gutted. Staff hanging around joked about "Happy Hour!" and "Draft?" Funny.

If they get it back up and running in 2 weeks, that will be most impressive. Looks like a month's work to me, at the usual Thai pace.

I miss it.

Personally always found it a very 'clique' place myself. In the few times I've been in there since I first went in around '87 (and it was definitely called the TQ1 then), it's never been a memorable visit, and I've left after a beer. For those who are interested, I was in Las Vegas on Soi Yamoto the other day, and the TQ girls are working in there temporarily. You can tell which ones they are - they're the ones wearing knickers

• 2 weeks later...

TQ is back up and running! Fast work.

Jesters were there in force this afternoon and it was quite crowded. Guess I'm not the only one who was waiting for the re-opening.

It's so clean and spiffy now, what w/ all the refurbishment, it's lost some character. But the damage was fairly extensive, throughout the bar, so they did what they had to do.

Music collection survived, sound system has been redone and sounds great.

Should be a published announcement of a Grand Re-opening coming along soon, somewhere. A few glitched to be worked out . . . .

I heard they jacked the prices off the charts.....looks the "lucky" customers will be paying through the nose to help cover the refurbishment costs and excess staff......I'll give this place a miss....

If you just heard it, why don't you go yourself and check it out?

TQ is a Pattaya institution, whether you like it or not.

It's not my taste really but from time to time I drop in.

Cheers

very good...sounds like you have facts.........have prcies gone up or not?

Institutions????? nahh let's leave them for those who need help!

I heard they jacked the prices off the charts.....looks the "lucky" customers will be paying through the nose to help cover the refurbishment costs and excess staff......I'll give this place a miss....

Cheers

very good...sounds like you have facts.........have prcies gone up or not?

Institutions????? nahh let's leave them for those who need help!

Cheers

115 baht for a small Tiger...

Well Tq1 was an awful place. Not only a 'clique', but the females seemed to be mainly grandmother types. The time I went to the place I and those with me lasted barely one drink.

Does anyone know if criminal charges will be laid against the owners for the fire there?

Does anyone know if criminal charges will be laid against the owners for the fire there?

you are implying what? Please note that spreading unfoundedd rmours is against the forum rules, thanks.