Tq1 On Beach Road

thainet

Sorry to say that the TQ1 on Beach road has just been burn't to the ground.

Been one of the longest Go Go's in existence.

Moderator-- sorry can you please post under the normal 'Forum Topics' Thanks

Edited by monty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya's first and for a long time only gogo bar... a piece of local history.

I hope nobody was hurt and also that Woody's most excellent selection of music DVD and videos weren't lost. This would be a Friday afternoon fire? I bet the fire trucks had a struggle getting there with all the Songkran bs. Not enough water maybe?

Anyone with news and pics, please post.

Pattaya's first and for a long time only gogo bar... a piece of local history.

I hope nobody was hurt and also that Woody's most excellent selection of music DVD and videos weren't lost. This would be a Friday afternoon fire? I bet the fire trucks had a struggle getting there with all the Songkran bs. Not enough water maybe?

Anyone with news and pics, please post.

Nanlaew--PM for picture detail

One down, 10,000 to go.

As President Ronald McReagan said, you've seen one redwood tree go go bar, you've seen them all!

Not really Jing, some are rubbish and others are quite good. I'd say TQ was in the quite good category.

Exactly. Jing is not exactly an expert on straight Go-Go bars. :)

I have just confirmed on the telephone that there has indeed been a fire at the TQ1 Bar on Beach Road.

And have it now confirmed as well, not a total loss, estimated re-opening in two weeks!

2 weeks? :)

Yup, they're hoping for 1 week, but knowing Thailand and Songkran etc they reckon 2 weeks tops.

One down, 10,000 to go.

As President Ronald McReagan said, you've seen one redwood tree go go bar, you've seen them all!

Not really Jing, some are rubbish and others are quite good. I'd say TQ was in the quite good category.

Exactly. Jing is not exactly an expert on straight Go-Go bars. :)

Not very nice. I got banned for saying something similar, but a hoot anyway

Yup, they're hoping for 1 week, but knowing Thailand and Songkran etc they reckon 2 weeks tops.

Well guess we shall see.... figured be a few months. Bit drab in there, hopefully they will take the opportunity to make improvements.

Edited by britmaveric

Sad news, very glad it wasn't so bad after all. TQ1's a great place even though the music has been going somewhat downhill in recent years.

I can only hope that the carving along the left wall got burned up so they can replace it with a mirror. It's the only flaw in an otherwise great layout. To see themselves, the dancers all face the mirror on the right side, so that if you sit on the left, you only get the rear view, and conversely. Me, I like a bit o' variety in my viewing. :)

Sad news, very glad it wasn't so bad after all. TQ1's a great place even though the music has been going somewhat downhill in recent years.

I can only hope that the carving along the left wall got burned up so they can replace it with a mirror. It's the only flaw in an otherwise great layout. To see themselves, the dancers all face the mirror on the right side, so that if you sit on the left, you only get the rear view, and conversely. Me, I like a bit o' variety in my viewing. :)

One of the special conditions the current operators had to agree to when they took over the joint was keeping that wall 'mural' intact as it had special sentimental value to the original owner/operator (gift from one of the Patpong family who was a major love interest and investor when she first set up shop). The door through to the girls lockers. kitchen and 'Comfort Room' (it was never a short-time room!) took an act of congress before it was approved. IMHO if it had more mirrors, it would be just another go-go bar with the girls staring over your head on both sides of the stage!

Good luck in getting it up and running in 2 weeks, not a total loss then. I just emailed my lawyer buddies who are coming in from Houston on 25th and they are gutted as they are only in for a short visit.

The very good news is that night manager Tom isn't completely out of work!

Dancers?

Good news all got out okay and there's plans to reopen soon. I agree with NanLaew, more mirrors and it's just another gogo bar. TQ's is more of a social club and meeting place, but the girls do provide a little something extra that the Barnsley town working men's club lacked. :D

Get a life it's a go go bar for christ sake. 1000000 more there, just go round the corner.

No, it's not just a go-go bar. It's an institution for many long time residents and frequent visitors.

Go-go bars come and go but TQ has always been there. Good music, cold draft beer and usually a familiar face among the guests.

Hope to see them opening again soon!

Glade to hear everybody got out OK, I am worried that one day there will be a fire in a Pattaya entertainment establishment where there will be lose of life because of the lack of emergency exits or they were locked.

TQ1.

I,ve spent many a night in there but alas I'm banned from it.

Well, not only TQ1 but TQ2 also.

In fact every Go Go bar..,,," er,, what was that luv?"

Just as well really I'ld only get into trouble.