Trueinternet Re-direct Wtf?

ThanonFarang

I just started using TrueInternet today. Very fast compared to TOT, loving that.

One problem: for the second time today when I'm on a forum and submit my post it re-directs me first to:

http://landing.trueinternet.co.th/ and that re-directs to http://welcome.truelife.com/

I got no idea what this page is because it is all in Thai but it has some YouTube video of a guy smiling and it is obvious True spam. The only link takes me to:

http://minihome.truelife.com/welcometrue/

Which looks like some kind of Thai language True portal/entertainment/social network site.

Thanks douche bags! So they hi-jack you when you post on forums and try to get you to their site or what?

I'm not on any blocked websites or anything like that, very vanilla forums that I've used in Thailand for years and have posted on several times today using True, they just decided to try and steal me away twice so far....

Most annoying part is that no matter how many times I try to make the post and no matter how many browsers I try it from, it keeps doing the same thing...

What do I do?? Do they do this often?? Why?? Only on forums or on all types of sites??

<deleted> TRUE!!

Well I did have the cheapest TOT package and now have the most expensive True package, so maybe thats the reason :)

Did you ever get this stupid re-direct though? That was the point of the thread. I'm not trying to sell True internet.

I'm using True and the answer is no.

Best regards,

Roy

Yep ,I had the True re-directs all the time, highly annoying for whatever reason its built into the firmware of the modem..... reflash the modem firmware or purchase another, I purchased another as I could not find the firmware for the modem, no more re-directs now.

Edited by Spoonman

Yes, it's something in the firmware of the modem. It happens to me regularly.

Another annoying thing is that True disconnect me every day at about 7 am for 5 to 10 minutes. I think it's to reset the IP address or something.

Yes, it's something in the firmware of the modem. It happens to me regularly.

I too, have the strange problem with one forum. I also see crossdomainrequest errors (to my 197. IP) and other strange things. WHY on earth would posting replies and things like that on certain forums have ANYTHING to do with my modem?

Yes I get randomly redirected too, there is another thread on this from before. Apparently True will do nothing about this and pretend they dont know what you are talking about even though tons of people complain. The only advice they will finally give is to buy a new modem from someone else.....

This happens to me on a daily basis, sometimes even hourly!

Again, i'm not trying to access any restricted sites, just normal every day local and international sites.

An example of my issues, if i try and connect to thaivisa.com, True will re-direct me BUT if click a bookmark i have stored on my PC (basically anything other than just thaivisa.com) i will not get the re-direct.....?? :S

It also happens with www.google.co.uk, only allowing me to access the UK site via google.co.th.....

I received a Zyxel router with True's own modified firmware. I believe, originally the redirection was probably used for a first connect so that you can set up your login data.

Get rid of True's firmware and install the original from Zyxel's website. Once I did this, I never had a problem again.

• 5 months later...

I have a Billion router hooked to an ASUS wifi router and get this redirect all the time. Unfortunately, I'm visiting bangkok just for a month so I cant/wont buy new equipment or change to TOT. I have found that this happens more in Firefox than any other browser. Unfortunate as Firefox is the browser I like the best. But somehow going to IE or Chrome and opening the page works, then if I go back to Firefox and try to open the page it also works. Strange workaround but it does the trick for a short visit. Hope this helps.

-Rick