Thai Army Says Planning Operation To Clear Protesters

george

Even if it does work, if he is seen too aligned with those who created violence, ie Sae Daeng and the Ronins,

assorted black warriors, renegade army or any of the combinationas.

Then, even as national leader, or deal negotiating puppet master, he would be a international pariah,

and the big business dealers he would want to get into bead with would shun him, as bad juju for their other holdings world wide.

Just as those doing business with Myanmar junta are few and far between, or amorally thick faced.

Some say it's getting like Burma from Abhisit not resigning, but it would REALLY end up like Burma

if Thaksin gained control after leading the creation of a bloodbath, and the necessary control mechanisms

to hold back the peoples hate from him no matter how he tried to hide the tentacles of his culpability.

He imagined he could be the white knight, and yet he hasn't brought down his foe,

just drawn his opponents closer together, and weakened the positions of his puppets appreciably.

post-a111320-pic25667.jpg

Agreed, Thaksin has now been exposed nationally and internationally as a leper !

The self-confessed Seh Daeng (Khattiya) with his Ronin warrior's participation at the Black Saturday blood bath and the greedy billionaire and self proclaimed non-elite robin hood of the poor, in return of their votes of course, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra...

Nice Persian rug he is standing on not cheap even near Persia, while his Red supporters are sleeping on paving stones.

And that nice $500 backdrop holder... not including the picture. $3,000 camera, $500+ lighting.

Big screen monitor to see the return feed. No expense spared.

Sea Dung looks like he is well fed and watered.

Thaksin's camera alone would feed a family much of the year.

But hey, the're only doing this for the kids!

Edited by animatic

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Population and Community Development Association (http://www.pda.or.th) -- closely related to Cabbages & Condoms and Dr. Mechai Viravaidya."

They will be the ones 'trying out' the village gals to see if they are OK to go and work in the big city then I guess. And you thought that the catholic church was full of 'perverts'. 555

Names of institutions, and titles (eg Pope), mean nothing. If you are prepared to quote them as 'the good people' then you are asking for a bit of digging into their operations that will not necessarily result in you having a peaceful nights sleep.

I dug. No worms under the stones. And no theists with appetites :). Just plain good!

look at the nation's pic. there is a green van at the back. ok, now look at the before pic. the green van is still there. look at the after and it has been covered up with photoshop!!!!!!!

The Nation's photo on facebook is a different photo to the before/after shot on UDD facebook.

Are you suggesting that the Nation photoshopped all of the photos of the day?

Via Twitter..

A BIG BOMB JUST WENT OFF. I HEARD IT. I'm at SUKHUMVIT.. someone tell me what the heck is happening?

it's called thunder, you can do a google search or look out the window and match it with the lightning !!! Songkran worked again this year, right on schedule woohoo here come the rain, too hot anyway.

I just arrived home from a Songkran goliday in Jomtien.

In Minburi and other strategic places ALL triffic was halted and controlled by Military in full blown was outfit and ammunition.

In Minburi, every car was asked to get everybody out of the car and the car was mintiously controlled.

This was around 4 PM.

I fear that the army has plans to use REAL AMMUNITION against the RED's this time and will try to save the loss of face from earlier happenings.

look at the nation's pic. there is a green van at the back. ok, now look at the before pic. the green van is still there. look at the after and it has been covered up with photoshop!!!!!!!

The Nation's photo on facebook is a different photo to the before/after shot on UDD facebook.

Are you suggesting that the Nation photoshopped all of the photos of the day?

Photo journalist do this a lot and it could be without the knowledge of the editors of a publication. Deadlines and sensationalism seem the be the driving force in online journalism. If the photo journalist submitted a blahh photo , well it might not have been published. Remember an APP pic a few years back with the smoke plumes in the Israeli attack on the Palestinians that was PS'd, and I add it was PS'd very badly. The photographer wanted to be published... and maybe he had a political motivation to do so as well.

What might seem like an easy to do against civilians is not so easy to do against a military Red group with automatic weapons and grenades.

240 or so military people were hurt in one minute on the last charge and now the Reds are dug in and waiting.

Do you think the military men are in a hurry to charge against their own people and get killed for a government which most of them dislike?

NO

Sorry mate, but what the RED' are doing now is a copy of what the yellows have done.

The Yellow's started their protests "peacefully" and with only their clappers.

But everywhere they went. a masked militia, armed to the teeth, was surrounding them and everyone who was not "inivited" at their rallies was killed on the spot.

So, what's wrong to have a militia helping the unarmed protesters?

Cut's both ways, you know.

This time the RED's are doing everything in EXACTLY the same way as the YELLOW's and sometimes even more restricted.

But the government didn't lose a second to have arrest warrants for the RED's.

Something they are apparently not able to do with the Yellow mob.

I fear that the army has plans to use REAL AMMUNITION against the RED's this time and will try to save the loss of face from earlier happenings.

Huh?

Live ammo was used on April 10th.

Nothing they can do to save loss of face, the damage has already been done.

Acting National Police Chief Pateep Tanprasert is to head operations command during CRES operations in the future.

Piya said the police's main goal is peacekeeping by using negotiations to avoid clashes.

Well now Abhisits man is put in direct control,

considering how the previous command structure didn't work

this is another step forward.

Nobody will be hurt if only the red shirt leaders direct the crowd to sit down peacefully in the street while they wait for arrest. That is the proper, proven, civilized way to express non-violent civil disobedience. Of course, we all knew the reds were a violent movement from the start. Black Songkran last year proved that.

Now if Abhisit was really like a Burmese general, these peacefully arrested dissenters would be brutally murdered and thrown in a canal. However, this isn't Burma, and Abhisit isn't a Burmese general. Instead, such peaceful dissenters would expect probably a free meal and free transport back to their home area, where they can peacefully get back to their lives, and await the next election.

Edited by Jingthing

Huh?

I think what he means is no blanks or rubber bullets... and you have no idea of the damage that has been done or will be done.

Edited by humfurry

What might seem like an easy to do against civilians is not so easy to do against a military Red group with automatic weapons and grenades.

240 or so military people were hurt in one minute on the last charge and now the Reds are dug in and waiting.

Do you think the military men are in a hurry to charge against their own people and get killed for a government which most of them dislike?

NO

Sorry mate, but what the RED' are doing now is a copy of what the yellows have done.

But everywhere they went. a masked militia, armed to the teeth, was surrounding them and everyone who was not "inivited" at their rallies was killed on the spot.

So, what's wrong to have a militia helping the unarmed protesters?

Cut's both ways, you know.

This time the RED's are doing everything in EXACTLY the same way as the YELLOW's and sometimes even more restricted.

But the government didn't lose a second to have arrest warrants for the RED's.

Something they are apparently not able to do with the Yellow mob.

Hmmm apparently you missed a few things .. like the PAD leadership actually did turn themselves in. The cases are ongoing.

Care to show us the evidence of this claim? As far as I know there is only one death directly attributable to the PAD and that was on Sep2nd when the reds attacked them at government house.

The PAD weren't angels but they did respond with force when attacked. They were grenaded almost nightly at the end (Somchai's government couldn't or wouldn't prevent Sae Daeng's thugs.) and yet the PAD didn't respond with violence.

Pardon me for repeating some questions I've been asking for awhile, but I have yet to get any answers. It appears many Red supporters know what the Reds want and are in tune with their machinations. If so, would they be so kind as to shed some light on the following issues - thanks in advance:

A. Who is paying the Red Shirt leaders and approximately how much are they getting daily to sustain their rallies? Also, what political positions/riches are promised if they're successful in bringing Thaksin back to power and/or enabling Thaksin to get his hands on the money which was recently confiscated?

Let's not forget that the rallies were announced just before the verdict came forth on Thaksin's financial trespasses, and all along protesters have been wearing shirts with T's face and carrying posters with the same. Anyone who claims the Red protests are not about one man are fooling themselves while trying to fool others.

B. Have the Reds ever mentioned the rights of Thai Hill tribe Thai people who cannot get Thai ID's? - or if they can get ID, there's always a high bribe to pay to government and Pu Yai ban - for simple processing services that should be free. Going rate is about 250,000 baht - and that's without a guarantee that the ID is authentic.

C. Have the Reds ever mentioned the extortion which takes place daily, regarding immigrant workers? Even immigrants with legal papers are often extorted for tens of thousands of baht. The extortionists are usually crooked cops who threaten their victims with jail time, and who know victims have no hope of legal protection.

Please, serious non-wisecrack responses only, thanks.

Edited by brahmburgers

About time!!!! :):D:D

Well, I don't share your enthusiasm. The whole situation is sickening. We still don't really know for sure WHO the snipers were, do we? In any case, the last time there was lethal force used by the insurgents, so sadly security forces are going to have to be prepared for any eventuality, and given the red shirt track record, it is almost certain some of them will be using lethal weapons next time as well. These Thai military are human beings too, many are conscripted poor people; they don't deserve to die because the red shirts refuse to negotiate peace and/or refuse to accept peaceful dispersal.

Edited by Jingthing

Via Twitter..

A BIG BOMB JUST WENT OFF. I HEARD IT. I'm at SUKHUMVIT.. someone tell me what the heck is happening?

it's called thunder, you can do a google search or look out the window and match it with the lightning !!! Songkran worked again this year, right on schedule woohoo here come the rain, too hot anyway.

I just arrived home from a Songkran goliday in Jomtien.

In Minburi and other strategic places ALL triffic was halted and controlled by Military in full blown was outfit and ammunition.

In Minburi, every car was asked to get everybody out of the car and the car was mintiously controlled.

This was around 4 PM.

How does military checking cars translate to you thinking you think they are gonna use real ammunition?

Real ammunition on what?

Any real grounds to base this on?

To date, in North Eastern Thailand the soils are dry, Most of the farmers have already prepared the soils. There is only one crop per year. My wife and her brother/sisters are helping her old father (70) when necessary, myself (when I can do it), but now nothing to do just to wait, we are at least at one month of the rain. The village and surroundings have only 2 small tractors. The fields are prepared with the "Tic Tacs". Few buffalos because during the dry seasons no food for them. Similarly only few cows. a Little of Rubber trees do exist mainly nearby Siwilai. But Nakhon Phanom is too dry.

Hmmm it has been raining for 2 days now in Don Tan district in Mukdahan according to family there. They are optimistic about an early start to planting.

W

What and spoil Jerry's rhetoric? How cruel of nature to do this to him. :)

you have a line of hills (roughly Kalasin -Sakon NakHon) and you can notice South of this line it is slightly more green. I have seen possibility to get 2 crops a year in Roi-Et. But North of this line, it is more dryer. The hills "blocks" a little the clouds and the weather.

On contrary during the Hurricanes periods, Nakhon Phanom get all the "tails" and weather can be quite serious. You have also more lightning in Nakhon Phanom than in average during the rainy season. Micro climate.

Huh?

I think what he means is no blanks or rubber bullets... and you have no idea of the damage that has been done or will be done.

What are you on about?

The Thai Army and Police reputation is in shambles.

Nothing they can do that will save them 'loss of face' in the eyes of many.

About time!!!! :):D:D

Well, I don't share your enthusiasm. The whole situation is sickening. We still don't really know for sure WHO the snipers were, do we? In any case, the last time there was lethal force used by the insurgents, so sadly security forces are going to have to be prepared for any eventuality, and given the red shirt track record, it is almost certain some of them will be using lethal weapons next time as well. These Thai military are human beings too, many are conscripted poor people; they don't deserve to die because the red shirts refuse to negotiate peace and/or refuse to accept peaceful dispersal.

Not on the same side, but as human being, I appreciate your post. Maybe Peace makers will win in this part of the world.

To date, in North Eastern Thailand the soils are dry, Most of the farmers have already prepared the soils. There is only one crop per year. My wife and her brother/sisters are helping her old father (70) when necessary, myself (when I can do it), but now nothing to do just to wait, we are at least at one month of the rain. The village and surroundings have only 2 small tractors. The fields are prepared with the "Tic Tacs". Few buffalos because during the dry seasons no food for them. Similarly only few cows. a Little of Rubber trees do exist mainly nearby Siwilai. But Nakhon Phanom is too dry.

Hmmm it has been raining for 2 days now in Don Tan district in Mukdahan according to family there. They are optimistic about an early start to planting.

W

What and spoil Jerry's rhetoric? How cruel of nature to do this to him. :)

you have a line of hills (roughly Kalasin -Sakon NakHon) and you can notice South of this line it is slightly more green. I have seen possibility to get 2 crops a year in Roi-Et. But North of this line, it is more dryer. The hills "blocks" a little the clouds and the weather.

On contrary during the Hurricanes periods, Nakhon Phanom get all the "tails" and weather can be quite serious. You have also more lightning in Nakhon Phanom than in average during the rainy season. Micro climate.

One crop a year in Issan is the norm as I'm told by by my wife who is from Issan. Sometimes they get lucky and get two. But I did like your idea of a canal off the Mekong... And the Mekong River Commision recently just agreed to insure that the water levels in the downstream areas would be raised. But you would call that a drop in the bucket?

[quote name='humfurry' post='3514790' date='2010-04-17 20:14:47'W

One crop a year in Issan is the norm as I'm told by by my wife who is from Issan. Sometimes they get lucky and get two. But I did like your idea of a canal off the Mekong... And the Mekong River Commision recently just agreed to insure that the water levels in the downstream areas would be raised. But you would call that a drop in the bucket?

Suggestion: For jailing the terrorists from Suvarnabhumi insurrection ,they should be digging the canal from Mekong. No needs guards, the population will keep an eye on those yellowish, will save money to new government

Suggestion: For jailing the terrorists from Suvarnabhumi insurrection ,they should be digging the canal from Mekong. No needs guards, the population will keep an eye on those yellowish, will save money to new government

That might be fair as the Lao (later Isaanites) dug the canals for Bangkok. Here's the thing though. While it seems like a good idea to build canals to the Mekong for water for that area, most Thai agriculture academics say it won't work because of the salt deposits. Local puyai of course favor it because it's a big budget to skim. Maybe research it a little more.

Here's a good starting point:

http://books.google.com/books?id=16W9WQUaq...aan&f=false

Edited by lannarebirth

More hyperbole from Jerry ---- The PAD leadership have cases that are ongoing. The difference between them and your Red leadership is that they never preached armed insurrection from their stages etc. To call them terrorists has already been dealt with officially on the forum. It is a non starter as they did not terrorize anyone.

It is nice to see that Jerry is standing up with the red leadership apparently, and doesn't think that the rule of law need be followed!

Works for me :) Toss Khun A shovel while we are at it... he needs to lose some weight. :D

Edited by humfurry

I feel it quite wrong (and quite a distraction from the real issues) that anti Reds post here merely to point out that five Red leaders are living it up in a plush hotel with 3,000 dollar rugs. Don't they know how stupid they sound when in the same sentence they say that the Red folk are roughing it out on the streets? Isn't that the main issue here? The fact that these 50,000 or more people are actually there on the streets fighting for a true democracy which was stolen from them because so many more Bangkok elite have been sitting on 3,000 dollar rugs for the past 100 years? And they won't move their <deleted> from power!

Most of them can survive in conditions that would kill most of us and still maintain a fair degree of civility and unity. They are tough and fearless. They will prevail in the long run and all the oracles on TV here will wonder, why did we not understand them better.

They sound rather like the Viet Cong.

And like the Viet Cong, they will win in the end.

Quite possibly. So do you reckon they will send the "elites" to concentration camps like the Cong did after they won?

No need, all your chums will have p_ssed off back to China. Mind you, those that are left would probably benefit from a few months hard graft in the rice fields! :)

That might be fair as the Lao (later Isaanites) dug the canals for Bangkok. Here's the thing though. While it seems like a good idea to build canals to the Mekong for water for that area, most Thai agriculture academics say it won't work because of the salt deposits. Local puyai of course favor it because it's a big budget to skim. Maybe research it a little more.

Right -- pipeline the stuff then!

Right -- pipeline the stuff then!

The way the water gets there isn't the issue, the issue is the quality of the soil that is farmed. here's an idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Isan