Source For High End I7, Mobo, Nvidia Card

Eggmeng

I live upcountry. The best stocked IT shop in town is a newly opened BANANA IT, but they cater to the everyday user and of the three items I need, they don't have any in stock.

I'm looking for the following and hoping I can find them in Bangkok and purchase them without having to make a trip to the city just for this. I need to put this system together asap.

CPU: Intel i7 860

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

NVIDIA graphics card: FX570

This items are typically used in high end PC systems employed in CAD drawing and multimedia creation. The shop that carries them would probably be catering to this group of user and perhaps serious gamers.

Yes, I know I can buy this stuff online from abroad, but I don't mind paying a little more to have the warrantees.

I speak fluent Thai and can deal with all aspects of ordering by phone, bank transfers etc.

Any help in sourcing a shop in Bangkok where I might find these, is appreciated.

Eggmeng

You can look for online stores in this pinned topic. The Gigabyte board shows as available at Thanni.com. The i7 available at most of the online stores (bold) in the pinned topic. The FX570 may be more difficult. It shows on the Invadeit.com website but N/A. You could contact them to see if they can get it for you.

Moving this to the main Computer Forum.

Can someone tell what is the cheapest Nvidia or ATI card that is the present day equivalent (or higher) of the following two graphics cards, which are now several years old?

ATI 9800

GeForce 5959 Ultra

I will be using the card with an X58-UD3R mobo as a stop gap until I get the high performance card I need, from abroad.

Thanks.

Can someone tell what is the cheapest Nvidia or ATI card that is the present day equivalent (or higher) of the following two graphics cards, which are now several years old?

ATI 9800

GeForce 5959 Ultra

I will be using the card with an X58-UD3R mobo as a stop gap until I get the high performance card I need, from abroad.

Thanks.

If they're more than a few years old, any modern GPU will probably be sufficient enough to outperform them.

Personally I prefer nvidia over ATI, so I usually recommend nvidia cards, but for no real reason other than I've always used those.

The cheapest nvidia cards today are the 8400 and 210 or 220. The other old GPUs (9xxx series) are still expensive because they are excellent cards. So of the cheap ones I would go for the newer models over the 8400 card, no real reason other than they are new :)