Chiang Mai 6 Months

Yenrac

Mr forbes I find your posts worrying. I get it that you are still able to have sex. Good for you. Try and do it with people closer your own age. The fact that all the people you are having sex with are young enough to be your grandchildren Is disconcerting and that you are paying them equally so. I personally dont like to see old men shagging youngish girls no matter how poor or disenfranchised they are. I mean how low do you go age wise? Have you always had this prediliction. If it were me id keep it to myself. From their body language they certainly arent very proud of being in the slight bit associated with you.

Thai people are definetaly not admiring you for your ability to...............have money.

This is exactly what they ALL think about you while theyre taking your cash.

เฒ่าหัวงู [tâo hŭa ngoo] [N] dirty old man

Def. คนแก่หรือคนมีอายุมากที่มีเล่ห์เหลี่ยมหรือกลอุบายหลอกเด็กผู้หญิงในทางกามารมณ์.

[kon gàe rĕu kon mee aa-yóo mâak têe mee lây-lìam rĕu gon òo-baai lòk dèk pôo yĭng nai taang gaa-maa-rom]

Think on and dont come back

lol. I have wondered from time to time why someone hasn't said this before. Now someone has and what can I say. If the shoe fits...

Guys, keep this thread civil please...and remember the rules about references to prostitution.

....Those last few comments might need to see the trashcan....back in a bit.

Guys, keep this thread civil please...and remember the rules about references to prostitution.

....Those last few comments might need to see the trashcan....back in a bit.

I beat you to it Eek... nasty comment already trashed by me.

Play nicely please people.

:)

I was under the impression that the literal translation was "old snake head" and refers to a joke Thai cartoon character. I'm thinking the phrase should only apply to an older man who wants to have sex with underage girls and is not strictly applicable to someone who wants to have sex with much younger girls of legal age ....... or am I wrong? (again!)

As for

Def. คนแก่หรือคนมีอายุมากที่มีเล่ห์เหลี่ยมหรือกลอุบายหลอกเด็กผู้หญิงในทาง กามารมณ์.

[kon gàe rĕu kon mee aa-yóo mâak têe mee lây-lìam rĕu gon òo-baai lòk dèk pôo yĭng nai taang gaa-maa-rom]

The old or very elderly who have a stratergy to trick children (female) for sexual purposes

Have I got that right or not? Seems some people are confusing what is legal with what is not legal ..... and being over judgemental IMHO.

Anyway all this was totally off topic .... sorry.

As Marky says, Loy Kratong, also my favorite festival, I love the 1000 khom loy release at the Dhamma centre near Maejo the week before.

The OPs budget far exceeds my own, and I'm supporting a wife, her mother and her daughter. Should be plenty for whatever he desires to do with his time. (The biggest silly expense is western food and can be easily avoided)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Mr forbes I find your posts worrying. I get it that you are still able to have sex. Good for you. Try and do it with people closer your own age. The fact that all the people you are having sex with are young enough to be your grandchildren Is disconcerting and that you are paying them equally so. I personally dont like to see old men shagging youngish girls no matter how poor or disenfranchised they are. I mean how low do you go age wise? Have you always had this prediliction. If it were me id keep it to myself. From their body language they certainly arent very proud of being in the slight bit associated with you.

Thai people are definetaly not admiring you for your ability to...............have money.

This is exactly what they ALL think about you while theyre taking your cash.

Def. คนแก่หรือคนมีอายุมากที่มีเล่ห์เหลี่ยมหรือกลอุบายหลอกเด็กผู้หญิงในทางกามารมณ์.

Think on and dont come back

lol. I have wondered from time to time why someone hasn't said this before.

Because surprisingly, many people aren't hypocrites and don't feel like throwing stones from the greenhouse.. :)

Now someone has and what can I say. If the shoe fits...

Absolutely, and I don't think Ian has an issue with the characterization.. I wouldn't. Still it would have been nice if the person calling him on it wouldn't have taken the ageist route.. Apparenlty his age is a factor in what he does, presumably it'd be just fine for a younger person. And, of course, Ian is a bachelor. He does what bachelors do and from the looks of it, does it well. :D Give it some time, it's only a matter of time before some lucky lass manages to ensnare him, pretty much just like it happened to most of us who came here single.. <looking around the room, watching people stare at the carpet.. :D >

My other hero is Ulysses, who somehow manages to stay single. I have a LOT of respect for people who manage that.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Incredible. Ageism seems alive and well. :)

Old men chasing young women: A good thing

13 Sep 2007  user-icon.jpg

It turns out that older men chasing younger women contributes to human longevity and the survival of the species, according to new findings by researchers at Stanford and the University of California-Santa Barbara. http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/old-men-cha...hing-14203.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

I was under the impression that the literal translation was "old snake head" and refers to a joke Thai cartoon character. I'm thinking the phrase should only apply to an older man who wants to have sex with underage girls and is not strictly applicable to someone who wants to have sex with much younger girls of legal age ....... or am I wrong? (again!)

It's used for any older man flirting with a significantly younger woman. Underage or worse is not implied.

I came to Chiang Mai back in 1983 on a Thai Government project whilst married to my Australian wife who was the same age as me, I got "ensnared" by a local lady who was also the same age as me at the time (and still is), got divorced from the 1st, married the 2nd (not sure in what order).

Then a little later in life something similar happened re the ensnaring bit but this time she was 15 years younger than me, so once again got divorced and got married (again not too sure in what order).

And oddly enough some years later that old familiar feeling happened yet again. This time she was 18 yrs younger than me. Been quite a few years now but still married to number 4. No number 5 but there may be a few "friends" along the way.

Good on ya, Ian. Boogie till ya bounce!! (That's an old skydiving term we used many years ago)

It's used for any older man flirting with a significantly younger woman. Underage or worse is not implied.

Any ideas/feelings on what locals consider "significantly younger"? How "younger" is OK/passable, and when does it start to raise eyebrows in local society?

I have a feeling that the OP isnt going to get any further answers to his question. So..im sorry guys, but time to close the thread as its veering significantly off-topic.

Artamus, your question is a good one. I believe it has been delved into a number of occasions. I think Ian Forbes made a thread about it a while ago. Im not sure of the link, sorry, but a bit of a hunt around using the search function should hopefully bring a few threads up, unless you wish to start a new topic on it.

Good luck next year Yenrac.

//Closed//