Hong Kong Extends Ban On Tours To Bangkok Until April 29

webfact

PRO-THAKSIN RALLIES

Hong Kong extends ban on tours to Bangkok until April 29

HONG KONG -- Hong Kong travel agents on Monday extended a ban on all tours to Bangkok until April 29 because of continuing political violence in the Thai capital.

The decision was announced after a meeting by the city's Association of Travel Agents and extended an existing ban, which was due to expire Wednesday.

A black alert, the highest level of travel warning from the Hong Kong government, has been in place for three weeks and remains in effect, the Security Bureau said Monday.

Bangkok is just more than two hours by plane from Hong Kong and attracts thousands of people from the city a week, most of them on short package trips and weekend breaks.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Its good to see one Country, City, Provence, or whatever Hong Kong is, keeps its people informed thru its travel agents

about travel outside home. Most countries post on their website some vague warning about travel. Kudos to the travel agent association of Hong Kong. They do a better job than the government !

More tourist dollars down the drain because of the reds' violent protests.

At least they can choose to put them selves in danger. Unlike the time there was no Airport there for them to use.

At least I can deduce from your post that no revenue was lost during the airport closure? I am relieved to hear it as many would have expected major financial loss and loss of face for the country if a group of middle class grannies were allowed(persuaded) to invade an airport with the consent of the military.

All because of their Thaksinophobia.

Poor Thaksin was never a threat to them. He was only ever a threat to a few elites who see their snouts as having a permant right to be in the trough.

The article is a snide piece of propoganda as well. Right from the first words "pro-thaksin". This pamphlet is going to have a problem existing without it's masters millions as it will never earn money from it supposed core business of being a news agency.

Edited by grandpops

More tourist dollars down the drain because of the reds' violent protests.

At least they can choose to put them selves in danger. Unlike the time there was no Airport there for them to use.

At least I can deduce from your post that no revenue was lost during the airport closure? I am relieved to hear it as many would have expected major financial loss and loss of face for the country if a group of middle class grannies were allowed(persuaded) to invade an airport with the consent of the military.

All because of their Thaksinophobia.

Poor Thaksin was never a threat to them. He was only ever a threat to a few elites who see their snouts as having a permant right to be in the trough.

The article is a snide piece of propoganda as well. Right from the first words "pro-thaksin". This pamphlet is going to have a problem existing without it's masters millions as it will never earn money from it supposed core business of being a news agency.

Your post is also a snide piece of propaganda

It would be so nice if the red shirts had something

other than "the yellows did too" "the yellows did it first"

Are reds so useless they have to copy other colors?

Are reds so useless than cannot come up with better logic

that "my daddy is bigger than your daddy"