Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

Any one here interested in battle strategies in combat?

How about Thai history?

Ever read about the French Revolution have you?

Well all of these make the current Thai battle quite fascination.

In the past, the uprisings in the City have been by rich helped by college students. many times the police and or military have simply shot them down like shooting animals in a pen. Go look at the history people and then see how friendly you are to the current and still long lasting regime responsible.

But off topic am I.

This time marks something super historic.

This uprising is from rural Thais against the elite and regime that run Thailand in Bangkok. You know, the group that makes people crawl on the ground when approaching their so so lovely feet. yeah--the group that does the same with their wife according to the photo I saw.

These rural Thais wear red.

The army went in with arms firing bullets at the reds but as you can see in the video--the Reds did not run. They did not scatter. they stood like an army of rebellion and fought and did some serious hurt on the Thai army group that was being paid to do the dirty work.

Now the reds seem to have 500 to 1000 men who will come in and dress in black and open up with accurate sniper fire and use automatic military weapons and explosives to defend the reds. Oh nooooo-say the Regime.

Go take them out. I order you.

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

But as I predicted--no one is that stupid in the split military.

Just think-Reds shot 250 army with mainly rubber bullets.

This time they are dug in with heavier weapons and far more men in black more than happy to send some of their army brothers to their ends.

Do the men in the army want to die for the regime?

Seems they do not.

The start of the end is moving now.

Years from now--This could be called the Thai revolution, fight for freedom.

You know how the American revolution ended with the French navy on one side and the American army on the other of the British army?

Well if the American navy pulls into the area--thus making it impossible for the Thai air force to be used against the reds, it will be the end.

Hey royalists?

Do you think Obama likes slave holders like you?

Funny the Brit government hate you, the French hate you, Obama hates you and you are screwed.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody complaning in 2008? Commodities are volatile, particularly since the grain to gasahol schemes began. If oil goes back up I doubt the farmers will be complaining.

I know Thai rice isn't exactly the same as some other global markets but it won't be too different. About $USD250/ST

post-25601-1271771431_thumb.png

Care to explain why the government has promised the farmers 10,000 Baht per ton and then only gives them 6,100 or 6,200 Baht? Seems a little fraudulent to me, to say the least.

Ya know, I don't have the answer to that question and I've got a couple of rice farms. I'll give you a piece of anything you can get them to send my way though.

There is more than one of these self-serving hypocrites in the Drama

The read Leaders and Thaksin to name a few...

I had to inform 25 of my casual staff today that there contracts will not be renewed because of the red s*hit protesters camping outside our hotel and the huge loss the hotel has endured...

Now you tell me these people give a Shi*t about he working Thais?

NO they are here to line there pockets and the "red masses" are just paid pawns ...nothing more...

In the last month my staff have put up with reds leering and making comments as they made there way to work every day through the crowds of so called ( paid ) Protesters while they camp out with there market stalls, carnival side shows, street Bars and massage shops..

Our Hotel owners have done everything in there power to to avoid having to do what I did today and these are the so called Elite that the reds are apparently fighting...

"All we want is Democracy"

These people would not know what Democracy was because they are too busy making sure they are getting paid..

What a JOKE The Reds are greedy parasites from the top down...nothing more nothing less..

I totally agree with this post, our staff is a little luckier than yours in that we have a few locations in BKK so when the RED thugs made it impossible for our staff or customers to get to our Sukhumvit location we had them double up at our other branches. These are admin staff making in the 8k to 15k per month range and some of them are from the N and NE and they have NO LOVE of the REDS and are getting more and more vocal about their disgust of them every day. I am shocked that any RED-farang still buys any of the crap the REDS are selling... this has nothing to do with the poor working Thai's... trust me there are many of people of that class right here in BKK it is not confined to the farmers... I guess the blinders some wear are doing a great job

The PM listened and offered elections in 9 months from Now which was very fair. If the minority red shirt protestors had just accepted it. It would have been over last month.

But NO that was not good enough they must have elections within days. Well that's not quite how it works in politics and the agreement for elections in 9 months was fair.

Got to the live ammunition stage now. Well "Som Num Na"

Democracy

what the majority of Thai people want

Red shirts we want it, and want it now, they rest of you, who cares

please sir another $1000 baht

I'll got it. make Edith Clampton PM and Charlie Brown from Pattaya defence minister

Anybody complaning in 2008? Commodities are volatile, particularly since the grain to gasahol schemes began. If oil goes back up I doubt the farmers will be complaining.

I know Thai rice isn't exactly the same as some other global markets but it won't be too different. About $USD250/ST

Care to explain why the government has promised the farmers 10,000 Baht per ton and then only gives them 6,100 or 6,200 Baht? Seems a little fraudulent to me, to say the least.

Ya know, I don't have the answer to that question and I've got a couple of rice farms. I'll give you a piece of anything you can get them to send my way though.

So why do you still support a government that promises 10,000 Baht per ton of rice to its farmers, the backbone of the nation, and then ends up giving them only barely over 6,000 Baht?

So why do you still support a government that promises 10,000 Baht per ton of rice to its farmers, the backbone of the nation, and then ends up giving them only barely over 6,000 Baht?

When did they promise 10,000 baht per tonne?

edit: not saying the didn't, just wondering when they did.

Edited by anotherpeter

I had to inform 25 of my casual staff today that there contracts will not be renewed because of the red s*hit protesters camping outside our hotel and the huge loss the hotel has endured...

NO they are here to line there pockets and the "red masses" are just paid pawns ...nothing more...

In the last month my staff have put up with reds leering and making comments as they made there way to work every day through the crowds of so called ( paid ) Protesters while they camp out with there market stalls, carnival side shows, street Bars and massage shops..

Our Hotel owners have done everything in there power to to avoid having to do what I did today and these are the so called Elite that the reds are apparently fighting...

These people would not know what Democracy was because they are too busy making sure they are getting paid..

What a JOKE The Reds are greedy parasites from the top down...nothing more nothing less..

I totally agree with this post, our staff is a little luckier than yours in that we have a few locations in BKK so when the RED thugs made it impossible for our staff or customers to get to our Sukhumvit location we had them double up at our other branches. These are admin staff making in the 8k to 15k per month range and some of them are from the N and NE and they have NO LOVE of the REDS and are getting more and more vocal about their disgust of them every day. I am shocked that any RED-farang still buys any of the crap the REDS are selling... this has nothing to do with the poor working Thai's... trust me there are many of people of that class right here in BKK it is not confined to the farmers... I guess the blinders some wear are doing a great job

Drivel... and I bet you're proud of paying your staff 8k to 15k

When did they promise 10,000 baht per tonne?

edit: not saying the didn't, just wondering when they did.

You'd have to ask the Thai Farmers Association. They're currently considering rallying in Bangkok to pressure the government to keep their promise. Just what Abhisit needed ...yet another rally of people pi**ed at the government.

:)

Honest question. Can you explain why this is drivel?

I support government schemes that help people when they are in need or when imbalances occur in agricultural markets to the detriment of farmers. The scheme that has been scrapped is said to be rife with corruption and the only groups that seem to bemoaning its demise are rice millers, large rice farmers and the BhumJaiThai Party :) . The new scheme is overwhelmingly supported by the majority of rice farmers as you will see if you check your PM box for Bangkok Post articles I sent you. There's lots of other articles at BP on the subject if you do a little Googling.

Edited by lannarebirth

You know how the American revolution ended with the French navy on one side and the American army on the other of the British army?

Well if the American navy pulls into the area--thus making it impossible for the Thai air force to be used against the reds, it will be the end.

Hey royalists?

Funny the Brit government hate you, the French hate you, Obama hates you and you are screwed.

That has to be the stupidest post I have read for a ling time...

The Yanks, Poms & French dont give a carp about Thailand Royals Reds or outher...

Untill they can figure a way get in here to steal/Control the Oil/Gas and claim they are setting the nation free...

Hey royalists?

That has to be the stupidest post I have read for a ling time...

The Yanks, Poms & French dont give a carp about Thailand Royals Reds or outher...

Untill they can figure a way get in here to steal/Control the Oil/Gas and claim they are setting the nation free...

Agree what a really idiotic post

What I find funny is that when Somchai Wongsawat was Prime Minister and the PAD laid siege on the government house and Suvarnabhumi airport, Abhisit called for the government to dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people".

Now it is Abhisit who is in that exact same situation. Will be dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people"?

I support government schemes that help people when they are in need or when imbalances occur in agricultural markets to the detriment of farmers. The scheme that has been scrapped is said to be rife with corruption and the only groups that seem to bemoaning its demise are rice millers, large rice farmers and the BhumJaiThai Party :) . The new scheme is overwhelmingly supported by the majority of rice farmers as you will see if you check your PM box for Bangkok Post articles I sent you. There's lots of other articles at BP on the subject if you do a little Googling.

The scheme may be supported, I don't doubt that for a second. I'm sure the farmers would be happy if they got the 10,000 Baht promised under the scheme. But that's not what they're getting. They're effectively being scammed by the government. Being promised 10,000 Baht per ton and then given little more than half of it, just 6,000 Baht per ton.

What I find funny is that when Somchai Wongsawat was Prime Minister and the PAD laid siege on the government house and Suvarnabhumi airport, Abhisit called for the government to dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people".

Now it is Abhisit who is in that exact same situation. Will be dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people"?

To be fair we shoul;d ditto in all those peopel who siad the PAD were wanting a massacre and were responsible for all attacks on them themselves who are not right now mnaking the samne arguement for the reds in term so fkilling themselves and wanting to be massacred. Clue you up at leats a few are on the red stage. Still guess you want to be a shrill for one side or the other. Cant say it does anything for me. Just recognize them all as what they are.... noit worht dying for and they certainly dont care for any poor person

Honest question. Can you explain why this is drivel?

Honest answer - Thailand is at a tipping point - I'm sorry some businesses have lost profits - some have people have lost their lives - I understand some farang businessmen here are angry - but to have a couple of posts saying oh yes it's so bad we lost profits and our staff earning a fortune had to be re-deployed doesn't make me cry in my night time cocoa.

To talk of 'many people of that class' is so condescending and arrogant. We stopped talking about class and looking down on rural workers at the turn of the Century – and I don’t mean this one just gone. Just listen to the 'tone' of the post – nothing to do with the crisis or the thread – all about ‘our profit and our lost business’. - then another known yellow poster jumps in 'oh I so agree'! Jeeze

And how do you know who handed them out? Or are you another colour coded apologist of red or yellow on here?

All I know is a lot of people who are neither red or yellow believe that aim. Who handeed them out I will leave to the conspiuracy theorists and red and yellow cheerleaders of whom there are enough on here

I doubt Red shirts handed the stickers out. Thaksin has forcefully denied it. Nor do I believe this is the real issue at hand.

Dont see how it could be anything else but a political smear tactic.

It must be true then.

Now we have fake reds giving out fake stickers. Can you really take these people seriously? They're just playing games and seeing how much trouble they can stir up. The reds don't really have a single voice and yes, some of the reds want Thaksin back, and yes some would make him president. When the dust settles some of the protesters will be shocked to learn what they were really fighting for.

Honest answer - Thailand is at a tipping point - I'm sorry some businesses have lost profits - some have people have lost their lives - I understand some farang businessmen here are angry - but to have a couple of posts saying oh yes it's so bad we lost profits and our staff earning a fortune had to be re-deployed doesn't make me cry in my night time cocoa.

To talk of 'many people of that class' is so condescending and arrogant. We stopped talking about class and looking down on rural workers at the turn of the Century – and I don’t mean this one just gone. Just listen to the 'tone' of the post – nothing to do with the crisis or the thread – all about ‘our profit and our lost business’. - then another known yellow poster jumps in 'oh I so agree'! Jeeze

Yeah I understand the point about the employers but the poijnht about the employees seems reasobnable

Im noit sure a tipping point. Just a decsion between who the future exploiters will be but maybe that is my left analysis coming out

tb86 quote

how is that the governments fault they dont set the world rice market prices, hel_l they could set it at 1,000,000 baht per kilo... but if the WORLD market wont bear it they will not reach their price point... And for someone that supports che, well shouldnt the rice be distributed to all the people at a minimum cost? last i checked rice sold in thailand is going for between 25-45 baht per kilo....so 6,200 per ton isnt bad.. do the math

unquote

This poster has demonstrated a lamentable ignorance of rice production and obviously cant manage primary school maths himself.

Yes supermarket prices for rice are around 25 to 45/kg depending on the grade. 6200/tonne equates to 6.2B/kg of paddy rice. That barely covers the production cost for the farmer, he needs a minimum of 10B to live and feed his family - albeit at subsistance level

Take a typical isaan farmer with say 10 rai. With reasonable soil he can expect about 7 gasop (thats the standard rice sack) which weighs in around 80kgs. So he gets 7x80x10 = 5.6tonnes. With a net profit of 3.800B/tonne gives about 21,000B for one year or 400B/week for him and his family

you can quibble about my figures but they are based on personal experience up north. A typical farmer makes a pittance, few reach 50,000 per year

just ask isaan bar girls (if they have enough sense to understand these figures)

The daily wage for labour is 150B for men and 120B for women when they can get work - which btw is roughly twice the rate in cambodia and they still pay the same for rice.

The real fuel stoking this fire is the decades of neglect of 60% of the population by the country's elite. The rural people are poorly educated, kept in complete ignorance, fed on propaganda and openly cheated by the much feared authorities.

Free schooling - thats a sick joke. It costs 3 to 5000 to send a child to school, exorbitant cost of uniforms school books and other donations. If you want anything approaching a decent education (still way below western standards) you have to go private costing 150,000 to 400,000 per year at one of these so called international schools

30B health scheme - well they call it Doctor Para (meaning paracetamol) - you dont get much health care and kids often have to be taken to private clinics costing 300b a pop

It has always amazed me how these people can remain so cheerful under such a burdensome life

The first thing square head did was set a farmers price of 10B/kg

yeah and im asking did the farmers ever get 10bht per kilo? I will ignore the uncalled for flame,,,so would any of us expect to survive by selling 15kg of rice per day, no we would not. How much of the year do they work on the rice? thats a actual question 4 months maybe? so why arent they working during the in between time, jan till august? many of them are some maybe not.. and thats not because anyone is forcing them to stay home, dont work for 8 months of the year no wonder your poor,get a second or third job, ever seen anyone harvesting rice at night? so i think your yearly income numbers may be a bit skewed for some.

yeah and im asking did the farmers ever get 10bht per kilo? I will ignore the uncalled for flame,,,so would any of us expect to survive by selling 15kg of rice per day, no we would not. How much of the year do they work on the rice? thats a actual question 4 months maybe? so why arent they working during the in between time, jan till august? many of them are some maybe not.. and thats not because anyone is forcing them to stay home, dont work for 8 months of the year no wonder your poor,get a second or third job, ever seen anyone harvesting rice at night? so i think your yearly income numbers may be a bit skewed for some.

You've gone about as low as you can go. You're basically telling all the poor people of Thailand that they're poor because they're too lazy to work. Shame on you.

To talk of 'many people of that class' is so condescending and arrogant. We stopped talking about class and looking down on rural workers at the turn of the Century – and I don't mean this one just gone. Just listen to the 'tone' of the post – nothing to do with the crisis or the thread – all about 'our profit and our lost business'. - then another known yellow poster jumps in 'oh I so agree'! Jeeze

Yeah I understand the point about the employers but the poijnht about the employees seems reasobnable

Im noit sure a tipping point. Just a decsion between who the future exploiters will be but maybe that is my left analysis coming out

Maybe where you are from the idea of classes disappeared a hundred years ago, but this is Thailand, so don't presume that they have the same viewpoint as you do. At the beginning of the last century they didn't have a constitutional monarchy yet. So I'd say a lot has changed within the last few generations. The outlook they have on their issues will be vastly different than someone of European descent. The issues stemming from a class system exist in this country for better or worse, but they can't simply be ignored because in the west we got over that sort of thing ages ago.

Yellow? RED? PINK? Black?

Actually I was not talking about profits at all I was ANGRY that I had to tell my staff they are no longer employed and have lost there income altogether and to imply that any of us are earning a fortune is just missinformation ...

And for you information our owners are THAI and they built there business up from nothing...

I am employed on a LOCAL contract.. subject to losing my job is just as real for me.

SO dot try and justify this crap with the class issue.

The scheme may be supported, I don't doubt that for a second. I'm sure the farmers would be happy if they got the 10,000 Baht promised under the scheme. But that's not what they're getting. They're effectively being scammed by the government. Being promised 10,000 Baht per ton and then given little more than half of it, just 6,000 Baht per ton.

I guess it depends on what kind of rice you're talking about. Here are market prices and Benchmark prices. If anyone is selling "B" grade maybe they get 1/2 of that

http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20P...d_3-16-2010.pdf

To talk of 'many people of that class' is so condescending and arrogant. We stopped talking about class and looking down on rural workers at the turn of the Century – and I don't mean this one just gone. Just listen to the 'tone' of the post – nothing to do with the crisis or the thread – all about 'our profit and our lost business'. - then another known yellow poster jumps in 'oh I so agree'! Jeeze

Yes of course sorry for the ‘casual’ staff and any staff re-deployed but I don’t think his vitriol was around that so much. Your last point is more important – and I have some sympathy for that.

At that time Abhisit didn't call for government to be dissolved, he simply agreed that it was one possible course of action worth considering. If that's all the red leaders and supporters were doing right now - making a suggestion - then there would be no problem. But that's not what they are doing. They aren't making a suggestion, they are making a demand coupled with threats of increased disruptions and illegal activity leading to death.

Of course people have the right to be pissed off that a rabble without a real political platform and run by a clique of violent Thaksin cronies is ruining their livlihoods --- and by hurting the tax-base they are even managing to hurt the honest agenda of the rural poor!

Actually I was not talking about profits at all I was ANGRY that I had to tell my staff they are no longer employed and have lost there income altogether and to imply that any of us are earning a fortune is just missinformation ...

And for you information our owners are THAI and they built there business up from nothing...

I am employed on a LOCAL contract.. subject to losing my job is just as real for me.

Then be more careful in your choice of words - everyone is sad if anyone loses their jobs - including farangs - but it does not mean that the whole red cause is S**t. There are many issues which have a just cause - sorry your career got caught up in it - but don't condemn the whole thing and don't paint all the people as hating the reds - it's not true. Good luck anyway.

What I find funny is that when Somchai Wongsawat was Prime Minister and the PAD laid siege on the government house and Suvarnabhumi airport, Abhisit called for the government to dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people". Now it is Abhisit who is in that exact same situation. Will be dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people"?

Two different protests. One was relatively peaceful (Yellows), the current one is dead-set on causing injury and mayhem. Two different PM's. One was a wonk who never had an original idea or took an initiative in his life (Somchai), the other is head and shoulders better. I could say 'apples and oranges' but it's more like comparing a cupie doll and a scholar.

What I find funny is that when Somchai Wongsawat was Prime Minister and the PAD laid siege on the government house and Suvarnabhumi airport, Abhisit called for the government to dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people". Now it is Abhisit who is in that exact same situation. Will be dissolve parliament and "respect the will of the Thai people"?

Two different protests. One was relatively peaceful (Yellows), the current one is dead-set on causing injury and mayhem. Two different PM's. One was a wonk who never had an original idea or took an initiative in his life (Somchai), the other is head and shoulders better. I could say 'apples and oranges' but it's more like comparing a cupie doll and a scholar.

Relatively peaceful? We seem to forget that the PAD was armed when they seized government house? And armed when they seized the airport? They even stationed armed guards at the airport entrances and closed it with barbed wire.

And they were quite peaceful, I agree, when they chased the guy down the street and beat him until he was almost dead, then dumped him in a ditch, which was caught by television crews. Oh yeah, and they were also quite peaceful when they cleared they finally cleared the airport and one of their own yellow guards was found dead, killed by their own yellow shirts.

Abhisit supported those guys. After all, he made one of them his Foreign Minister as a 'thank you'.

But he's on the other side of the fence now. He's the one being pushed out and I can understand why it's suddenly not acceptable anymore to instantly dissolve parliament and call for new elections, which he clearly knows will lose, because he doesn't have the support of the majority of the Thai people.

Then be more careful in your choice of words - everyone is sad if anyone loses their jobs - including farangs - but it does not mean that the whole red cause is S**t. There are many issues which have a just cause - sorry your career got caught up in it - but don't condemn the whole thing and don't paint all the people as hating the reds - it's not true. Good luck anyway.

Well every day I walk though the Sea of RED and I have not seen a single Iota of evidence to say the reds camped out in the CBD are there for the betterment of Thailand....I see people setting up Stalls Hawking crap, and having a great ol time .....

I dont try to tell me that these people are not paid to be there as I have first hand experience that they indeed are as I have had staff tell me to my face sorry I can earn more money from the reds if I go protest with them because the hotel has no Service charge this month with no customers.

So if your REDS in ChangMai are not the same as the ones I see every day perhaps you should ask them to change T shirt colors so we can differentiate them