My Tourist Visa From Australia Was Different.

My last tourist visa was different.

I'd got a couple of tourist visas before in neighbouring countries. These were stickers. They carry an "ENTER BEFORE" date which is three months from the date of issue. If you enter on the this date - it is possible to utilise the visa for 6 months, including extensions.

My Brisbane visa was different. It's an ink-stamp, that takes up most of the page, with space on one side for date stamps. It carries a "THIS VISA MUST BE UTILISED BEFORE" date which is six months from the date of issue.

At the time I bought it - I was given the choice of 3 entries. (But I got 2, because this is what I'd done before).

If I'd got 3, could I have utilised this visa for 9 months?

Or is the "THIS VISA MUST BE UTILISED BEFORE" date - the date I must leave Thailand before?

It means that you must use the second entry before the utilised before date so as far as I know, enter and get a 60 stamp, near the end of that 60 day period obtain a 30 day extension at immigration 1,900baht, then at the end of this 30days, leave and reenter and start again, 60 days and then 30days. But second entry must be before the ulilised before date. You can then get to stay in Thailand for 180 days, with only one border run. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT Lopburi3 types faster than me and is a man of fewer words

Edited by steve187

I got a triple entry in Copenhagen on April 7th with a Enter before date of Oct 6th so if I had entered on Oct 5th I would have gotten 6 months with out the 30 days extensions.

It were the full page sticker I got.

Edited by spacemand