Butter Is Better

gotlost

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware they did breakfast. Last time I was there it was not possible to eat there (no tables/chairs) so everything was takeaway. Still is?

That only lasted 1 day . Yes the have a great breakfast and lunch menu. Give it a go.

If the typical Chiang Mai operation is anything to go by, they might not be using much butter. Not all butters were created equal anyway - the bakery supplies shop on the road north from Sripoom corner has cheap butter - but I always get New Zealand.

If the typical Chiang Mai operation is anything to go by, they might not be using much butter. Not all butters were created equal anyway - the bakery supplies shop on the road north from Sripoom corner has cheap butter - but I always get New Zealand.

I think it is BS for you to say, 'Not all butter are created equally'.

There are two kinds of butter, salted and un-salted.

They use plenty of butter.

Most of the bakery goods are of the quality of a good baker in a major Western City - think San Francisco, New York, Paris, London, Sydney - and would be most welcome in Bangkok or Singapore. We are lucky to have them in Chiang Mai. :)

They are slowly building up both breakfast and lunch items and trying out new recipes for the bakery section.

Right now, they are trying to come up with a tasty whole grain cookie using virgin coconut oil, peanut butter and palm sugar. Nobody else in town makes anything like this - even the "health food" stores. It seems like there would be a market for a healthy vegan desert as there aren't any elsewhere.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sounds like some confusion on the forum...SHOCKER! I believe the reason Artamus found no chairs or tables is because he was at the Butter is Better bakery branch at Rimping Mee Chok. This thread refers to the new branch on Chiang Klan Road which has always had plenty of tables and chairs and as for the wisdom of Toolz...I personally verified that the butter is Allowrie Brand and they use lots of it. They are far from "the typical Chiang Mai operation.

And no I don't own it!

I think it is BS for you to say, 'Not all butter are created equally'.

There are two kinds of butter, salted and un-salted.

The som-tam lady informs me, that Thai scientists are also working (in a secret location), to create butter-with-extra-chilli, for both the domestic-Thai and export-markets ! :) You heard it first ... on ThaiVisa ! :D

I wasn't aware they did breakfast. Last time I was there it was not possible to eat there (no tables/chairs) so everything was takeaway. Still is?

That only lasted 1 day . Yes the have a great breakfast and lunch menu. Give it a go.

I was there for breakfast a month ago. Wont go there for breakfast again. Needs lots of work.

:) On the other hand I have to give them credit. They came out and asked me if there was anything they could do to improve it. Don't eat bakery goods so can't comment.

Yeah, just a sponsor - and already the BEST @ his business...

What a Bu..s...t.

Why do I sometimes really can't agree?

Have you visited the place?

If yes, add you comments.

If no, your comments are worthless.

Edited by Loaded

What a Bu..s...t.

His comments are worthless either way.

What a Bu..s...t.

His comments are worthless either way.

There will always be whiners and complainers. I had breakfast this morning at at Butter is Better and as a great general said "I shall return". :)

where is it? exactly...? Changklan is a long and winding road bla bla

Click on their advert above they have an excellent map.

yea straight after I posted I remembered they were a new sponsor and prob had a map! doh

About a hundred meters south of Pintip Plaza on the east side of Chang Klan Road. They have parking for car or bikes.

• 4 weeks later...

Butter is Better has added some vegan, 100% whole wheat baked goods that no one else in Chiang Mai has - although they do not have them every single day: whole wheat biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cookies, etc. They taste good and are more healthy than the white flour versions.

They also are selling the famous Elvis sandwich with natural peanut butter, bacon and bananas that Elvis used to love.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Butter is Better has added some vegan, 100% whole wheat baked goods that no one else in Chiang Mai has - although they do not have them every single day: whole wheat biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cookies, etc. They taste good and are more healthy than the white flour versions.

They also are selling the famous Elvis sandwich with natural peanut butter, bacon and bananas that Elvis used to love.

Seems there will be a couple more inches on UG's waistband. :)