Driving Lessons And Picture Frames

james24

Hi

Anyone know where I can take driving lessons in Chiang Mia. I have no Uk license and no car but would like to get a thai license here as gonna buy a car in the future.

Also been looking for picture frames but cant find any, any ideas...? Cheap is fine

A few years ago I rented a car and the girlfriend drove all around the moo baan then all around the car park at the flora expo. It's on a slope so good for practicing certain things. Obviously only cost-effective if you can stand really really intensive and you've got somebody with patience. If you can wait till the weather gets cold again then I'll help you out! :)

Driving lessons opposite side of the Super Highway from Big C about 500m on the left.

Tacky picture frames at places like Tesco, better quality at Robinson, or for made to measure and good quality I go to the picture framers in Nong Hoi opposite the market next to the traffic lights.

Iain

Head down Changklan Road, going past Chiang Mai Land on your right.

A couple of hundred yards along on the left hand side you will see a picture shop.

They do framing in there and the ones I had done were very nice.

Heres a link about driving lessons in Chiang Mai http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/decent-Drivi...-M-t279202.html (also a link within that of my own experience of driving lesson hunting)

If you want 'decent' driving lessons, i heard of good reviews about a driving school in Udon Thani. Just never looked into it. If you are interested, try searching/asking in the Isaan forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Isaan-Forum-f32.html

If you can already drive firstly just go down to the licence / registration office and see what is involved in the actual driving test. There are 2 offices in Chiangmai. The one I use is on the Chiangmai - Hod Rd opposite the airport. Can't miss the purple fence. As you come in the entrance take the first turn to the left which is where they do the driving test. Sit around for a while and check out what they have to do.

When you go for the licence (all done in one day) Written test in the morning, driving test in the afternoon. You will be required to do a written test of the road rules (computer testing multichoice) and a coordination and colour blindness test.

The counter for Farangs used to be 20 or 21. You will need a medical certificate, proof of residence etc. Check at the counter for what is required now. Photos are done when you get the licence (digital)

Good luck.

If you can already drive firstly just go down to the licence / registration office and see what is involved in the actual driving test. There are 2 offices in Chiangmai. The one I use is on the Chiangmai - Hod Rd opposite the airport. Can't miss the purple fence. As you come in the entrance take the first turn to the left which is where they do the driving test. Sit around for a while and check out what they have to do.

When you go for the licence (all done in one day) Written test in the morning, driving test in the afternoon. You will be required to do a written test of the road rules (computer testing multichoice) and a coordination and colour blindness test.

The counter for Farangs used to be 20 or 21. You will need a medical certificate, proof of residence etc. Check at the counter for what is required now. Photos are done when you get the licence (digital)

Good luck.

Just did it, and this part is 100% correct. Pay attention to the last line, if you don't bring all of those doc, you will be send straight home. Bring all of those and be there at 9 am. And you will have your licence by mid afternoon :)