Living With A Thai Girl In Thailand

andrewturner

Hi guys and girls out there i need help. I have the most beutiful Thai girlfriend who i met travelling earlier this year. I am doing everything i can to be with her. I have passed a TEFL course so that i can teach. I have a flight back to Bangkok next year in February.I plan on meeting her and teaching English to Thai's. The problem is that i do not have a degree and only limited savings. I love her so much and everyday we text each other. Email every week and chat at least once a week. Please if anyone has any advice for me let me know. I am in a horrible position as cannot face flying home again and leaving her. Once was enough.

Any help would be much appreciated ........................

I am in my late 20's and i met her in the Northern parts of Thailand away from the tourist hotspots.........

The problem is that i do not have a degree and only limited savings. I love her so much and everyday we text each other. Email every week and chat at least once a week. Please if anyone has any advice for me let me know. I am in a horrible position

SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL BE, NO SKILLS AND NO SAVINGS. ( you are heading for disaster )

Hi guys and girls out there i need help. I have the most beutiful Thai girlfriend who i met travelling earlier this year. I am doing everything i can to be with her. I have passed a TEFL course so that i can teach. I have a flight back to Bangkok next year in February.I plan on meeting her and teaching English to Thai's. The problem is that i do not have a degree and only limited savings. I love her so much and everyday we text each other. Email every week and chat at least once a week. Please if anyone has any advice for me let me know. I am in a horrible position as cannot face flying home again and leaving her. Once was enough.

Any help would be much appreciated ........................

If you love her that much, take her back to your country...start getting evidence together of a relationship for immigration officers. That way, you keep your employment, get the girl and no side distractions. Thai girls don't like living on love alone for too long!!.

Or, are you already married? :o

Hi andrewturner

Think it's really sweet you're so in love B)

If you can bring her to you that would be great, but if not then you'll have to go there. As far as I'm aware you need a degree to teach, but there are places that will employ you without one (not sure how good they are or what you'll be earning :D ). You could always do a degree and see her on your holidays (get plenty of those at uni B) ), at least that way you might be able to save a bit more cash.

Wish you all the best and remember true love knows no bounds :oB)

Not a nice situation to be in Andrew.

:o:D

I was there once.

Very hard, I know but my advise to you is forget about her. Work your arse off in your home country, save lots of cash, then head back and find yourself another girl or her if she loves you and can wait for you when your in a better position.

I made a mistake of going home, sending money and then flying back to my girl after two weeks. I lasted in Thailand for a further three months and ran out of cash again. A complete nightmare!

I went back home and did what I advise you to do (work until you drop). Saved enough cash to get back. Living and working now in LOS and lovin it.

Think about yourself first, if you lose her remember, there are plenty more fish and all that. B)

Where did you meet this girl?

I am sorry to say the chances of a Thai girl being in love with you for real are less than 1%. I believe you love her 100%. I see and hear about so many guys like you it makes me really sad. The truth is 99% of Thai women love only money.

Forget her, it will be painful, you can keep your memories. Come back in a few years when you have about 30,000 British Pounds in the bank and start again!

Andrew. You must have some funds if you want to stay here.

Believe me; I have lived here for five years now.

I'm soon applying for residence visa after five year in Thailand.

I agree with other; it is easier for your woman to live in your home country.

Remember: Thailand wants money from you.

Good luck to you and your woman. :o

What a surprise, the original poster has not been flamed to Death by the cynics yet...............

Come on lads, where are you all?.... 

we are still here,begs, just waiting and watching,taking our time, for the right moment ,to unleash the torrents of venom,of bile and of cynicism............

but, maybe the original poster,if his post is serious,should,if it comes to it, learn the hard way.

a good hard knock certainly prepares you well for the next time, and then you will be so much better equipped to deal with it all again should the necessity arise.

A good start would be to make sure that the (Thai) girl of your dreams is from roughly the same socio-economic background as yourself. This is the #1 mistake that falangs in Thailand make in terms of 'significant other' selection, a "knight in shining armour" syndrome. Not always the case (as there are success stories out there), but often true. And this wrong first step often leads to a lot of whining and bitterness.

:o

Hiya,

It's sweet that you are in love. Wanting to be with your girl as soon as poss is understandable.

However, I think it's better if you try to be rational here. I know, I know, it's hard when you're sooooo in luuuurrvveee....

:DB)

BUT:

if things go wrong, without any saving, or good (and I mean GOOD) qualification in Thailand, I'm afaid things will turn pretty nasty for you.

So, don't put all your eggs in one basket. If I were you, I would look into different options:

1)bring your girl to live with you---> is this possible? If you are already gainfully employed in your own country, this should not be so much of a problem. It would be up to her, to an extent though. But if push comes to shove, she would have to choose.

2)come live with her here BUT to do this you MUST have some saving or something to fall back on if anything goes wrong. So, if you can, work hard and save up.

It would help if the girl works and have some skills/qualifications. So that if you decide to move here or inviting her to you, you won't be the sole earner in the relationship. I think it does make a different.

If the girl is from the so-called 'upper level' of the social ladder, it would help your situation. As you know how Thailand works, comnnection is EVERYTHING. If you have some valuable skills/qualification or could obtain one, then her connections could be extremely useful in finding you a job and help sorting out your relationship.

In any event, don't just pack your bag and move without plan B. :o

Good luck anyway! B)

Really nice to read all the helpful advice to Andrew here. Shows that we are not all nasty anyway. Can't quite bring myself to contribute in the same vein, due to a couple of doubts I have about the question.

First is, not sure of the seriousness of the question. Hate to think it is a wind-up. Second is that if Andrew were to seriously sit down and consider the matter he would see that the advice that has been given is really only common sense and there are no magic wands to be waved to solve the problem.

Lastly, having said all that, seem to remember the same thoughts passing through my mind when I had to leave my first Thai gf at the airport. Awful feeling. Good luck anyway, BUT...be careful of Thai girls. They are lethal!........... :o

LOP it is a London Broadband IP

In that case perhaps he is just still on 'Thai time'. About the only thing we can do is ask him to think/think/think with his head about this. There is always more than one love in a persons life; but if this is 'his reason for living' at least try to make the most of it and bring her to a place that you can support her. Unless, of course, she is in a position to support you.

Without a degree or other skills you will likely never earn enough to live better than a day-to-day life here - no security - no retirement. Few Thai/foreign marriages will survive long without a betterment of living conditions. Even if not the woman herself all her family and friends will be expecting and demanding better things.

Good luck.