Rpg Fired At Jet Fuel Depot In Pathum Thani

livinthailandos

I did not see thai visa post this article on the front or even in its news posting. This just happened this morning. When I looked the location of this on a map Pathum Thani isn't far from bangkok. if its true a RPG was fired then I really wouldn't be surprised if red shirts, yellows, or other people have a few RPG prepared to use them in bangkok. after all today in pattani a car bomb went off. between the south turning into a mini IRAQ then a RPG in the north. TIT

Culprits fired a rocket propelled grenade to PTT's jet fuel depot in Pathum Thani's Lumlukka district on Wednesday morning.

Police believed the attack was an attempt to stage a sabotage in the country.

Police found the RPG's components at the depots.

The attack caused a hole at the T410D depot which contained 22 million liters of oil. Luckily, officials could extinguish a small fire and sealed the hole in time before the fire extended.

At first, police believed that the culprits used an M-79 grenade.

can read for yourself by google this or read here from the nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/RPG-f...i-30127598.html

Interesting use of the term, "at first..." be nice to know why they changed their mind or if indeed they did. And if they found remnants, these things have serial numbers, might be nice to know where it came from?

22m litres would be quite a sh7t storm! SOmething tells me that such a facility is probably a bit better protected than the average 7/11....

Interesting use of the term, "at first..." be nice to know why they changed their mind or if indeed they did. And if they found remnants, these things have serial numbers, might be nice to know where it came from?

22m litres would be quite a sh7t storm! SOmething tells me that such a facility is probably a bit better protected than the average 7/11....

The govt will soon blame the "red terrorists" for this too...

The govt will soon blame the "red terrorists" for this too...

Who else would do it? A sane person would not fire an explosive projectile at 20 mil+ liters of fuel. :)

I drove past there this afternoon. I noticed that one of the huge gas tanks had black burn marks up the side and guessed it was a fire. IF it was the red shirts, it just shows how stupid they are as one of their big base camps is about 1.2km from the gas tank. A big enough explosion would possibly drop big lumps of metal on top of them.

For those that are still vaguely interested, here's a picture of the scorch marks on the gas tank.

Sorry for the quality but it was taken using my phone camera in a moving car.

post-48222-1272022116_thumb.jpg