Reds No Longer Allow White People In To Their Camp

Meridian007

I was just noticing two re-tweets from George's twitter:

Dany.k: Farangs not permitted to enter the red base at silom. Media is fine I think. I was stopped! @tulsathit #redshirts #redtweet

Captain W: @tulsathit Reds don't like luk kruengs at their base too! I went to take pics, and tried to buy a hat. They refused, told me to leave!

It looks like paranoia and racism are mixing in strong measure down there. Is this a foreshadowing of their policies if they regain power? "Thai love Thai" indeed...

Perhaps they'll borrow the old "England for the English". It will become "Thailand for the Thais", and we will suffer the consequences. I wouldn't be surprised, considering the similarities of the two groups in levels of ignorance and myopic hate.

I'm glad that the reds are a minority in Bangkok.

******Edit******

As an addendum, this isn't about the red's politics at all, merely their social leanings as evidenced by their behaviour.

Edited by Meridian007

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that if you offered them your new pick up truck and some Leo, you could have bought you way in mate.

Seriously, the don't want a repeat of the last showdown when some farang journalist interviewed one of theirs who said the shooting wasn't started by the army. :)

So based on a few Tweats you open a new thread accusing Reds of being racist. mmm

There was a Ferang on stage the other day talking so its not racism.

Probably more to do with Ferang being sent in to spy and print bias reports in yellow rags.

Strange, I was in a red area on Tuesday, Big C (5th and 6th floor) on Lat Prao rd (soi 81?).

Didnt feel threatened or intiminated and wasnt asked to leave.

The 2 floors were full of people watching broadcasts or signing up for their red cards, 30 baht.

Spent about half an hour laughing and joking with a stall holder.

These people are there because of what they rightly or wrongly believe in, too many gawkers coming to look around as if they are visiting a zoo, oh I say lets go and have a day out in Silom and have a look at the natives.

A friend of mine is in the middle of it all and takes pictures with them all, gets fed, free drinks etc.

He is farang through and through , but reads and writes Thai.

He has seen not anti-foreign bias towards himself or others during his daily trips through the Red Forest.

So based on a few Tweats you open a new thread accusing Reds of being racist. mmm

Probably more to do with Ferang being sent in to spy and print bias reports in yellow rags.

So I guess their "democracy" doesn't include freedom of speech? I agree with BKKJames analysis, it is probably to stop any leaks that the reds are not necessarily united in their belief of the propaganda that is yelled at them 24/7 from the red stages.

Also, this seems to be a recent phenomenon, and will probably change when the cooler, more intelligent heads prevail. Anyone remember the widespread denouncement of journalists from the red stage last week when the news wasn't supporting the red's spin? Weng realized that it was suicide to alienate the journalists, and started begging them to come back. That's why anyone who is deemed to be a journo is still allowed in.

If you look at the TRT years, the country began its slide into closing its doors while the other ASEAN countries have continued to open theirs more. Draw your own conclusions...

STILL awaiting confirmation (pro or con) of the previous info reported by a poster that red shirt rebels (along with the promise of cash payment) are being told that all foreigners will be expelled after a red victory with a 30 day notice (how generous of them).

STILL awaiting confirmation (pro or con) of the previous info reported by a poster that red shirt rebels (along with the promise of cash payment) are being told that all foreigners will be expelled after a red victory with a 30 day notice (how generous of them).

With virulent anti red posts by the likes of jingthing and the majority of the farang posters on this forum it's not surprising that the read are suspicious of of farangs. You have only yourselves to blame.

With virulent anti red posts by the likes of jingthing and the majority of the farang posters on this forum it's not surprising that the read are suspicious of of farangs. You have only yourselves to blame.

Yeah right. So the "good" foreigners are the ones supporting Thaksin and the terrorist reds. Just the facts, man. This story was reported by a credible poster here, and I am still seeking confirmation. I reckon by your logic the anti-Nazi expats in Berlin in the 1930's brought their forced repatriation upon themselves as well. ALL foreigners and most Thais for that matter are in fact pawns in this grand drama ...

Edited by Jingthing

I was just noticing two re-tweets from George's twitter:

Dany.k: Farangs not permitted to enter the red base at silom. Media is fine I think. I was stopped! @tulsathit #redshirts #redtweet

Captain W: @tulsathit Reds don't like luk kruengs at their base too! I went to take pics, and tried to buy a hat. They refused, told me to leave!

but he'll be so disappointed :)

f_72efphgs2j5m_254a7ff.jpg

Sometimes i despair at some of the posts here.

fyi

The red shirt party before was thai rak thai

thai love thai

did we have a problem with the reds when they were in power????

Yeah right. So the "good" foreigners are the ones supporting Thaksin and the terrorist reds. Just the facts, man. This story was reported by a credible poster here, and I am still seeking confirmation. I reckon by your logic the anti-Nazi expats in Berlin in the 1930's brought their forced repatriation upon themselves as well. ALL foreigners and most Thais for that matter are in fact pawns in this grand drama ...

sorry jingthing

what a load of utter drivel,and now you are saying the reds are like natzis,jesus christ man.May i ask if you are jewish

So I guess their "democracy" doesn't include freedom of speech? I agree with BKKJames analysis, it is probably to stop any leaks that the reds are not necessarily united in their belief of the propaganda that is yelled at them 24/7 from the red stages.

Also, this seems to be a recent phenomenon, and will probably change when the cooler, more intelligent heads prevail. Anyone remember the widespread denouncement of journalists from the red stage last week when the news wasn't supporting the red's spin? Weng realized that it was suicide to alienate the journalists, and started begging them to come back. That's why anyone who is deemed to be a journo is still allowed in.

If you look at the TRT years, the country began its slide into closing its doors while the other ASEAN countries have continued to open theirs more. Draw your own conclusions...

Racism is a serious accusation and needs to backed up with more evidence than a tweeter.

This is not only my opinion but I believe also the law.

Reds spin? think you will find its the other way around.

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile....tatements/2498/

Oh come on. Lets face reality.Anyone who has lived in Thailand any length of time knows that most Thais are xenophobic and racist to a certain extent. Whether that becomes toxic or not is another matter. Foreigners are ALWAYS a potential scapegoat here. Of course, Thailand isn't the only country that scapegoats foreigners, but we are talking about Thailand here, and the current political crisis.

Edited by Jingthing

I did notice when I visited Chit Lom that the majority of the red protestors were friendly and inviting. However, there was a group who were unfriendly and gave me threatening looks. As I said before I believe there a few factions within the Red shirt protestors, with a different agendas and as the situation become more unstable the numbers of the hard core fanatical groups will become the majority.

Edited by waza

reds are all over bangkok.

on can find them everywhere .

they are ubiquitous.

you are not new to thailand, are you?

who serve you your beer in the bar?

who brought you your breakfast in your hotel?

who launfdry your clothes?

who ferry you across bangkok to bring you to work and play?

i for one AM SURE A YELLOWSHIRT DIDF NOT SERVE YOU.

STOP THIS false allegation against the red shirts....

in fact, like you, farangs are looked down by the yellow shirts generally....

especially the farangs who try too hard to molly-cuddle up to the thai elites......namely, the yellow shirts.......

of course without saying a word, the yellow thais just smile it away.....as a cheap thrill they can do without from the farang.....

so stop saying xenophobia come from the red shirts who actually thinks farangs are their saviours....... :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by sealy

Racism is a serious accusation and needs to backed up with more evidence than a tweeter.

This is not only my opinion but I believe also the law.

Reds spin? think you will find its the other way around.

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile....tatements/2498/

:):D:D You're pulling the libel card so quickly? Really, I'm merely interpreting what others have experienced first hand. "Pics or it didn't happen" isn't justifiable in this case.

As to spin, both sides do it, but the reds seem to have cornered the market on weakly put together spin. Abhisit's "kill them all" video for instance.

I'm sure it can't last, what about all of the foreigners who live in the area? They'll have to let people in sooner or later. Hopefully Weng, (or Weera, if he makes an appearance), can rein in the rabid dogs again.

Sealy

not all service workers are reds.

Only last night one of my cook helpers on 8k a month said to me he if it kicks of in silom then he wants to help the soldiers.

When the soldiers got ready for battle last night again in silom many of my waitresses were shouting support to the soldiers.

Oh come on. Lets face reality.Anyone who has lived in Thailand any length of time knows that most Thais are xenophobic and racist to a certain extent. Whether that becomes toxic or not is another matter. Foreigners are ALWAYS a potential scapegoat here. Of course, Thailand isn't the only country that scapegoats foreigners, but we are talking about Thailand here, and the current political crisis.

Most thais are racist against each other not against farangs.How can foreigners be a scape goat,for what????

Do you actualy believe the reds gives a rats ass on the very small minority expats,give me a break.

As one poster says,the yellows dont like the farangs much,even the ones on here who have hi-so,educated thai/chinese beauties,unless you are hi-so yourself and have been given voodoo medicine.

Sealy

Only last night one of my cook helpers on 8k a month said to me he if it kicks of in silom then he wants to help the soldiers.

When the soldiers got ready for battle last night again in silom many of my waitresses were shouting support to the soldiers.

Thats because its affecting his wages or maybe not from Issan,but everybody has their views on who he wants to be in power.

Yesterday i drove through all the barricades on chitdlom to go and groceries at Big C Rajdamri, only to be told by the shop security , solly we not open.

Wonder where the guys manning the barnyard defences thought this dam dam was headed to.

The fella in a beret looks like he is from Rhodesia.

OP, may be we go try going in together again to see if the discriminate against Black folks or just protecting their green zone from intruders.

Edited by Lumumba

Most thais are racist against each other not against farangs.How can foreigners be a scape goat,for what????

Do you actualy believe the reds gives a rats ass on the very small minority expats,give me a break.

As one poster says,the yellows dont like the farangs much,even the ones on here who have hi-so,educated thai/chinese beauties,unless you are hi-so yourself and have been given voodoo medicine.

What I DO know is that I did not make up the report that reds are being told foreigners will all be evicted in case of a red victory. Whether that is really true, I don't know. Whether it will really happen, I don't know. I already said I agree racism and xenophobia among Thais is not restricted to any particular political faction. Duh.

You want me to justify the reason and logic of the reds, a group that is basically worshiping a corrupt megalomaniac named Thaksin? Sorry, can't go there.

Edited by Jingthing

Sealy

Thats because its affecting his wages or maybe not from Issan,but everybody has their views on who he wants to be in power.

yes, you said it yourself! Not everyone is a red shirt. It's not effecting wages coz we pay even if we are closed.

These guys are from Issan as well and they do not support the red shirts.

I did notice when I visited Chit Lom that the majority of the red protestors were friendly and inviting. However, there was a group who were unfriendly and gave me threatening looks. As I said before I believe there a few factions within the Red shirt protestors, with a different agendas and as the situation become more unstable the numbers of the hard core fanatical groups will become the majority.

this is a more balanced comment in this expat forum, though A BIT SKEWED .

unlike many comments here, stoking the fire bewteen the reds and the yellows and whatever that is leading thailand to the brink of self-destruction does not help.

remember, if this forum is indeed subscribed by close to one million members, not all memebers are necessarily farangs.

some members may have several accounts for god-knows whatever reasons.

others may just be some farangs' tilak who is absolutely internet savvy and may be communicating under some psydeudonyms here.

remember these tilaks do communicate with their farangs after they first met and remember because they are mostly the poor from the red north of isaan , their loyalties to farang tilaks are limited to how much monies their boyfriends are "sponsoring" them, mostly.

perhaps those who claim the reds should be stomped out of bangkok, think again before one cry foul on the reds and say xenophobia is a red thing when in fact, xenophobia is as old as the world's oldest profession .

israelis believe that behind the wailing wall, one can also be surprised by your enemy.

what makes one think thailand is any different.

for all you know, the reds who appear antio-farang at the protest rallies may be doing the farang a favour and trying to get you out of harm's way as this is strictly a thai issue.

stick your nose at the wrong place, and one may bleed profusely unneccessarily.

do not for one moment assume only farangs are found in these columns.

for all you know ,a blacklist of farangs from these columns have already been complied just like the "blacklist" of reds found elsewhere in this forum.

heard of tit for tat???????????

heard of the biblical text of an eye for an eye???????

heard of shylock's quest for a pound of flesh to settle a score??????

remember that behind all the smiles this kingdom can offer, there are also daggers pointing at every direction like the erawan brahmin buddha shows.

the suggestion here is to be safe than sorry for the farang who has a vested interest in thailand or who intends to stay in thailand a bit longer than usual. :)