Bangkok: Assailants Fired M-79 Grenades At Sala Daeng Skytrain Station

webfact

The only time people have died is when the PM has used force. So maybe that's why?

are you high? seriously man, you actualy can say something like that... maybe the multi colors blew themselves up.... you should be embarrased,

hahahahaha....yeah..yeah.....and maybe the red shirts shot each other the other day......hahahahaha.......

Who knows what the f*cks going on

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time people have died is when the PM has used force. So maybe that's why?

??

So the only other option then is to just let the economic capital collapse, and let one group of people do as they like to cripple their own country? No other country would ever be this tolerant.

I think everyone has forgotten about the antics of the Yellow Shirts, and no crackdown on them

Of course it was the reds. They have threatened this. Red shirt apologists, you should be ashamed.

Where is your proof that the red shirts are responsible? You're ASSUMING. Don't confuse people with lies before you have facts, please. Nobody knows who attacked who tonight. Nobody knows who launched the bombs.

Nobody would have hurt at all, if the reds would accept that they are in opposition today, since the CC verdict and the dissolving of their party due to vote buying back in 2008, and if they would accept, that they have to wait for the next elections to come.

Oh for crying out loud, just CALL for ELECTIONS already so we can have some PEACE! Suck up your pride and just DO IT! Good grief, Mr. Abhisit! Even if it means "The Terrorists Win" or whatever.

Please tell me,

what government ANYWHERE would "Let the Terrorists win."

This is not over Abhisit's pride, there are MUCH bigger issues at stake,

with multi-generational repercussions attached to them.

Letting ' Mob Terrorism' dictate the direction of government is the slippery slope into the abyss

From Tulsahit:

"Saddest thing may be the cheers of joy at red rally site over news of Silom attacks."

Say's a lot about the reds, doesn't it. Will they again claim victory? Pathetic and shameful if true.

Yes, this is what terrorists do. They attack. They kill. They cheer.

BTW, now is the time the entire world sees clearly what this red movement is. It is a terrorist movement. The word has power and today it is the truth. Who will win? Civilization and the rule of law or the terrorists?

Edited by Jingthing

Let's please remember that we don't know who launched these bomb attacks. According to Channel 7, one pink shirt was seen beating up a red shirt at the SkyTrain station, who he thought was responsible for the attacks. The man is now in the hospital in serious condition.

How can you be so dumb we all know who is doing it , It is a waste of data responding to you.

Clearly both sides can and will use agent provocateurs, and will blame each other. We will probably never know.

You may be right, but they have 4 suspects in custody now. Reports are that the attacks were launched from Lumpini Park.

And as 2 foreigners are supposed to have been injured, the foreign press will have a field day and put the final nail in the tourist industry.

All we know is that the government has denied independent investigations into the April 10 clashes. And they will probably deny independent investigations into today's attacks as well. So make up your own conclusions, folks.

My conclusion is you are a red true believer and wouldn't care if the reds bombed 50 stations and there was hard core proof it it.

I've been quite neutral on this issue, don't you think? My first post said that we don't know who it was, don't jump to conclusions, yet you've been claiming red shirt terrorism all over the forum. But you have no proof. That's not Democracy. In a Democracy, you need proof before you can blame it on someone.

You have not shown any proof, so stop blaming it on the red shirts.

Stop your false statements.

You neutral?

Give us a break.

You are a hardcore defender of red violence.

No ifs No buts.

Just lies from you.

Every time.

Feel bad for the lady who died, I'm that was that was the last thing on her mind when getting on the BTS. Even worse is the video of red shirts celebrating the attacks.

Edited by arkom

Of course it was the reds. They have threatened this. Red shirt apologists, you should be ashamed.

Where is your proof that the red shirts are responsible? You're ASSUMING. Don't confuse people with lies before you have facts, please. Nobody knows who attacked who tonight. Nobody knows who launched the bombs.

I watched a video with lunatic general red threatening to blow shit up , i watched a video showing thaksins goons paying these terrorists money to come to Bangkok and stir up as much shit as they can, figure the rest out.

Imbecilical reply...

It's neither the Red, Yellows, Blacks, Blues.. It's people like YOU who created such mess.

Most of these people firing the m-79 granades are none of the protesters, its other people trying to cause a bigger problem than what is happening.

These granades have been going off long time before the protesters came, not as regular but since the protesters have arrived, they thought they'd join in, whoever they are they have there own agenda.

So, if you are so sure it was the Red Shirt....where is your proof?

I have been in the Rajdamri area, trying to get to work this week, and if you look at the type of people gathered there you would have to assume the worst of them. There are beggars, fake monks, men and women covered in tatoos and sporting scars from knife fights together with your run of the mill layabouts. Sure, there are disadvantaged people, but to me the majority appear to be vagabonds for hire.

This is my impression, too. For me it seems it's a bunch of hired people causing trouble. There're still folks with honest intentions thinking they're the people. In so far, it's a good thing that multi colored convictions start to show that this is the end of the road and that the majory is not willing to tolerate this anymore...

The only reason no-one had been injured before the 10th April fighting was because the Government was trying every way to get the Reds to do the Democratic thing and negotiate. If you don't believe that is Democracy in action then please go to the next poorest country that will have your Democratic system, say North Korea? The Red response to the Governments request? .!.. ..!.

Also the Government has continually said if you keep pushing we will push back, first gently, then harder and harder until you understand you are hitting a solid object. A Democratically selected government. Don't bother arguing the point - the Thai system is almost identical to the British system. The biggest party chooses the PM. Again the Red response? .!.. ..!.

So who exactly is the more Democratic group? Those who want negotiations or those who scream about negotiations that will only be in their favour? And then proceed to beat up old ladies and journalist's translators who work for news people the Reds believe are biased against them, oh sorry no he worked for the Czechs so obviously he was beaten up because someone in Montenegro wanted him hurt!! Or was it just some Red ladyboys who thought he had nicked their makeup? (If the Reds can comment on Abhisit's sexuality then why can't we comment on theirs? Or is that not Democratic? In fact, maybe that what it is all about? Ladyboys who are determined to make Thailand the very first Ladyboy run state!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

One of the Red Shirt 'dear leaders' asked for proof that the Red Shirts were preparing sharpened sticks for the battle with the Army. Well sir, here is some proof for you, and of the stones you plan to throw at the Army. The last picture really sums up the hypocrisy of the Puea Thai idea of supporting this lot and bringing Thaksin back. Hope you like them.

post-76852-1271950377_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950447_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950518_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950570_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950629_thumb.jpg

(apologies for some not being the right way up)

What an imbecilic comment...

It's neither the Red, Yellows, Blacks, Blues.. It's people like YOU who created such mess.

??

So the only other option then is to just let the economic capital collapse, and let one group of people do as they like to cripple their own country? No other country would ever be this tolerant.

I think everyone has forgotten about the antics of the Yellow Shirts, and no crackdown on them

Your wrong .. there was one on Oct 7th 2008--- but I assume you keep repeating this lie over and over for a reason --- trolling seems to be the only reason that comes to mind though.

Most of these people firing the m-79 granades are none of the protesters, its other people trying to cause a bigger problem than what is happening.

These granades have been going off long time before the protesters came, not as regular but since the protesters have arrived, they thought they'd join in, whoever they are they have there own agenda.

Applause. You seem to know what's going on. Glad I'm not alone.

it looks like some other shirts "black" or "blue" are trying to stirr some mess to their own benefits - blame it on the reds or the muslims from the south, to introduce martial law and possibly yet another military coup. Happened before on the new year's eve.

ps it was a granade and not a bomb, as usual exaggeration from the nation

Does it make a difference ... a grenade is a bomb.

I guess under the State of Emergency, the security officers ( ploice and army ) should take appropriate measures and should keep the CIVIL ORDER in place !

in those 75 injuried, how many are not-red, not-multi-colour ? they are complete victims !

I suspect, as jdinasia has already alluded to, martial law will be implemented and then the military will do just that.

Oh for crying out loud, just CALL for ELECTIONS already so we can have some PEACE! Suck up your pride and just DO IT! Good grief, Mr. Abhisit! Even if it means "The Terrorists Win" or whatever.

Please tell me,

what government ANYWHERE would "Let the Terrorists win."

This is not over Abhisit's pride, there are MUCH bigger issues at stake,

with multi-generational repercussions attached to them.

Letting ' Mob Terrorism' dictate the direction of government is the slippery slope into the abyss

Agreed........as is letting Military intervention dictate the direction of government. How are they going to get out of this cycle????

I'm not particularly hopeful to be honest.

I watched a video with lunatic general red threatening to blow shit up , i watched a video showing thaksins goons paying these terrorists money to come to Bangkok and stir up as much shit as they can, figure the rest out.

And I have first hand proof of that. 25 seamstresses making clothing for me in Chiang Mai decided that a possible 1000 baht per day to protest wearing red in Bangkok was better than making my garments at piece rate. 21 of them therefore stopped work, didn't tell anyone, and got on the truck to Bangkok and have yet to return. Of course, had to move production to a "non red" area but then people here don't really think of the longer-term results do they. They'll be the losers in the long term with more wage struggles. I have to say they are no doubt red supporters but would NOT have made the journey if it wasn't for the rumour-mill 1000 baht wage.

The only reason no-one had been injured before the 10th April fighting was because the Government was trying every way to get the Reds to do the Democratic thing and negotiate. If you don't believe that is Democracy in action then please go to the next poorest country that will have your Democratic system, say North Korea? The Red response to the Governments request? .!.. ..!.

Also the Government has continually said if you keep pushing we will push back, first gently, then harder and harder until you understand you are hitting a solid object. A Democratically selected government. Don't bother arguing the point - the Thai system is almost identical to the British system. The biggest party chooses the PM. Again the Red response? .!.. ..!.

So who exactly is the more Democratic group? Those who want negotiations or those who scream about negotiations that will only be in their favour? And then proceed to beat up old ladies and journalist's translators who work for news people the Reds believe are biased against them, oh sorry no he worked for the Czechs so obviously he was beaten up because someone in Montenegro wanted him hurt!! Or was it just some Red ladyboys who thought he had nicked their makeup? (If the Reds can comment on Abhisit's sexuality then why can't we comment on theirs? Or is that not Democratic? In fact, maybe that what it is all about? Ladyboys who are determined to make Thailand the very first Ladyboy run state!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

One of the Red Shirt 'dear leaders' asked for proof that the Red Shirts were preparing sharpened sticks for the battle with the Army. Well sir, here is some proof for you, and of the stones you plan to throw at the Army. The last picture really sums up the hypocrisy of the Puea Thai idea of supporting this lot and bringing Thaksin back. Hope you like them.

post-76852-1271950377_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950447_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950518_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950570_thumb.jpg

post-76852-1271950629_thumb.jpg

(apologies for some not being the right way up)

What is this? Proof of the bombings of tonight? Sharpened sticks? Nobody used sharpened sticks to kill anyone. BOMBS were used. Some people really don't have a clue about what's going on.

What is the difference between martial law and the state of emergency what is ongoing now?

How it would affect to the government / military and to the public?

The army has ability to do what ever it needs to to quell the emergency.

Curfews,

Shoot on sight violent people of any color shirt

Arrest and secure anyone resiting an army order INCLUDING Police.

It essentially is a get the job done now, we'll pick up the mess later, pass.

If it is national this will be a major long term thing if Reds start more bombing everywhere.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/martial+law

Martial law is an extreme and rare measure

used to control society during war or periods of civil unrest or chaos.

According to the Supreme Court, the term martial law carries no precise meaning

(Duncan v. Kahanamoku, 327 U.S. 304, 66 S. Ct. 606, 90 L. Ed. 688 [1946]).

However, most declarations of martial law have some common features.

Generally, the institution of martial law contemplates some use of military force.

To a varying extent, depending on the martial law order,

government military personnel have the authority to make and enforce civil and criminal laws.

Certain civil liberties may be suspended, such as

The right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures,

Freedom of association,

Freedom of movement.

And the writ of Habeas Corpus may be suspended

(this writ allows persons who are unlawfully imprisoned to gain freedom through a court proceeding).

In the United States, martial law has been instituted on the national level only once, during the Civil War,

and on a regional level only once, during World War II.

Otherwise, it has been limited to the states.

Uprisings, political protests, labor strikes, and riots have, at various times,

caused several state governors to declare some measure of martial law.

Edited by animatic

Sez the man who uses the murderous thug Che as his moniker. Do you have a sense of history and how many lives this man was responsible for extinguishing. Likely too young to know but thought the t-shirt was cool.

Regardless of who it was ... laws need to be enforced and chaos stopped. The fact remains that bombs have been going off in BKK since the Reds arrived.

And I have first hand proof of that. 25 seamstresses making clothing for me in Chiang Mai decided that a possible 1000 baht per day to protest wearing red in Bangkok was better than making my garments at piece rate. 21 of them therefore stopped work, didn't tell anyone, and got on the truck to Bangkok and have yet to return. Of course, had to move production to a "non red" area but then people here don't really think of the longer-term results do they. They'll be the losers in the long term with more wage struggles. I have to say they are no doubt red supporters but would NOT have made the journey if it wasn't for the rumour-mill 1000 baht wage.

Too bad they'll come home in body bags.

I think everyone here knew that the crisis ain't over afteer April 10. We can ramble all we want but the truth is this thing is far from over and it will not even after us farangs have left Thailand. Everyone can point to what colored shirt is responsible and still not come to any remote conclusion to the situation.

The only solution is peace and I'm afraid that is not attainable at the rate things are escalating.

I guess in order for democracy to be born, blood should be splattered in the streets. Is this a metamorphosis? Who knows? I only hope the warring parties resolve the situation quickly or we'll see one of the worse civil wars in modern times.

Five suspects were arrested related to the bomb attacks at Silom.

They were taken to the Thung Mahamek Police station for interrogation.

One of them is a retired soldier.

Four were arrested at the Robinson Department Store.

The Nation

How intriguing. Please explain.