Red Rimping

mccw

i regularly shop at rimping supermarkets and i always see many voice of thaksin and such political propagada; seems strange to me a major retailer endorsing spew and bile from a convivted criminal. i dont see these publications in any other major retailers, are they pro red or just fullfilling the market do you think?

Edited by PeaceBlondie
edited. PB

I read one of his interviews which portrayed his rags/poor upbringing, up at daylight to work when he was 4 or 5 years old, simple farmer meals, pursuit of education, etc, etc, I kept waiting for the rendition of the twenty kilo walk to school with newspaper used to keep feet warm, hiding from the kidnappers, etc, etc. I will await histories unbiased comments on the man, thank you anyway.

Really? Surely all that twaddle is beneath Rimping.

On another note, the old lady at the khao soi place I've frequented for several years decided to sit next to us with radio spewing obligatory red bile. Like I want to listen to that tripe at any time and particularly while eating. Ramming one's preference of politics down people's throats is akin to sad ***kers pushing religion on one. Don't ***king do it please!

Really? Surely all that twaddle is beneath Rimping.

On another note, the old lady at the khao soi place I've frequented for several years decided to sit next to us with radio spewing obligatory red bile. Like I want to listen to that tripe at any time and particularly while eating. Ramming one's preference of politics down people's throats is akin to sad ***kers pushing religion on one. Don't ***king do it please!

thats one time im glad my comprehension of thai isnt that good

I read one of his interviews which portrayed his rags/poor upbringing, up at daylight to work when he was 4 or 5 years old, simple farmer meals, pursuit of education, etc, etc, I kept waiting for the rendition of the twenty kilo walk to school with newspaper used to keep feet warm, hiding from the kidnappers, etc, etc. I will await histories unbiased comments on the man, thank you anyway.

Didn't he also once used to live, in a wet paper-bag, in the middle-of-the-road ? :D Luxury ! :) (apologies to Monty Python !)

I would suspect that Rimping is just providing a full-range, of magazines & newspapers, then again who knows but that red-'rags' might even sell quite well, in Thaksin's 'home town' ?

Shouldn't be surprising, as most native Chiang Mai residents seem to support the Reds. They generally have no cogent reasons for doing so other than the fact that Thaksin comes from Chiang Mai. If Rim Ping or any other business owner had their stores closed for 15+ days by a protest group they wouldn't be too happy but since that's happening far away in Bangkok it's ok.

Shouldn't be surprising, as most native Chiang Mai residents seem to support the Reds. They generally have no cogent reasons for doing so other than the fact that Thaksin comes from Chiang Mai. If Rim Ping or any other business owner had their stores closed for 15+ days by a protest group they wouldn't be too happy but since that's happening far away in Bangkok it's ok.

My wife comes from Chiang Mai. Amongst her vast family and network of friends, I have not yet found one Thaksin supporter. Indeed most really hate him. So is it true that 'most CM residents seem to support the reds?' Just asking.

The Yellows marched down Nimmanhaemin yesterday. Half their banners were in English. Their chanting was typical Thai brain numbed cacophony. Three words, "Priveleged, dah, dah", repeat ad nauseum. If this is what the yellows can come up with, yes Chiang Mai is definitely Red. I hope they march again today though - as soon as they began it started raining!

My wife comes from Chiang Mai. Amongst her vast family and network of friends, I have not yet found one Thaksin supporter. Indeed most really hate him. So is it true that 'most CM residents seem to support the reds?' Just asking.

One of the reasons why they don't like Thaksin much is, prior to his election, he and his family were not known to support anything or anyone locally.

Out of every one i know:

15% are yellow shirt

20% are red shirt

and the rest just wish the others would chill the f-ck out;;; but especially do not like the bombings and violent hate of reds of present

(Actually there are a couple good books on Thaksin; If you read them you may actually learn something)

Poor works of fiction at best.

You do know his father was an MP and his family one of the wealthiest in chiang mai dont you?

(Actually there are a couple good books on Thaksin; If you read them you may actually learn something)

Poor works of fiction at best.

You do know his father was an MP and his family one of the wealthiest in chiang mai dont you?

hah yeah but hearing about how he had to drive a hand me down 7 series isnt quite as emotion grabbing as hearing about how we had to eat sticks and dirt when i was little while mom had to forrage for bananas in the woods to sell to tourists that wanted to feed the elephants :)