Where Are There Pinball Machines In Bangkok?

estephan500

hi. I am in bangkok and I am looking for pinball machines to play. You know, real pinball machines, with the silver ball, etc. Not pachinko...

I would love it if people would reply and tell me places where they have seen Pinball machines in bangkok.

thanks much -- eric

Edited by estephan500

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most of the big shopping malls (Central/The Mall) will have one or two mixed in with all the arcade games. MBK has a few up the top near the cinema, The Mall Ngamwongwan has some also. Pretty much any big shopping mall really.

They always seem to be the same ones though, usually it's either Spiderman and or Indiana Jones, which are both great but I think it's funny they seem to be the only ones around. I did see one of the best ones I've ever played (Addams Family) somewhere but unfortunately I can't remember where

Actually I just remembered seeing a different one to those two at Major Pinklao, I think it was Aliens or something like that from memory...

• 5 months later...

I still remember the times I used to pay for arcade games at a department store. I still remember arcade beat'em ups, I played as a kid, heck I even remember inserting coins for Metal Slug, Streetfighter 2, House of the dead and "gasp" Pacman!

Things have changes over the decades, now you can practically find and download any arcade game ever made from the internet. They got the same graphics, the same gameplay... but personally they lack that certain touch.

I don't know any places with pinball machines, though the top floor of the Mall Bangkapi and Center Point used to have loads of similar games like "whack a mole" and the like. Other than that, the only payed digital entertainments today are FPS, RPGs and other PS3/xbox360 games found around every corner.

Authentic "insert coin" arcade games are extremely rare due to the fact that "better" games are available for download on the internet. My suggestion is to try and look around Siam (opposite the Paragon, near MBK).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Update from Nov 21, 2011:

- Londoner on Sukhumvit 33 no longer has any pinball machine. They replaced it with a Golf video game

- Top floor of MBK has Spiderman pinball. But right flipper is nearly unplayable. It's too weak to even shoot the left lock with it.