Excellent (cheapie) Buffet

Spaniel

We were in Pattaya this past week and a friend recommended that we try the buffet at the Bella Express hotel. They have two, a morning/brunch buffet for B 99 and a evening buffet for B 150 that starts at 6 PM. We tried the evening buffet and it was well worth B150. Highly recommend it.

The Bella Hotel is located on Pattaya Klang between 2nd Road and Soi Bukaow. Coming from 2nd Road it is about 100m down Klang on the right hand side.

The OP say's it's "well worth 150". That doesn't inspire me enough to try. It sounds like yet another cheap buffet where you get what you pay for.

Edited by tropo

Is this the old Little Duck Resort behind Kasokorn Bank? I know it's been refurbed and now open again but cant remember the new name?

Yes, that's the place. The food type/ layout is similar to the Apex. Western dishes as well as Thai but no steak & lobster. Outside by the pool they have the barbeque set up. Believe me you've got to try it. I did mention it was only B150 so dont expect the layout like they offer at the Marriott.

I still say the best breakfast buffet for the price is the Apex.

Rarely up for brekkie but popped into the Apex a few times after staying up late for American football playoff games.

Thought Apex was better than the Lek but was hitting Apex around 7AM when the food is freshest.

I still say the best breakfast buffet for the price is the Apex.

Barry

I agree. But my OP is about the dinner buffet. They do offer a breakfast buffet for 99 bhat but I haven't tried it. If you're in Pattaya maybe you can try their breakfast buffet and let us all know how it is?

The OP say's it's "well worth 150". That doesn't inspire me enough to try. It sounds like yet another cheap buffet where you get what you pay for.

I rather pay more for a reasonable amount of good quality food than stuff my face for cheap at the Apex/Lek Hotel.

Hey Ulysses what are you doing in Pattaya with these high standards?

There is nothing wrong with the Lek, Apex or the Bella Express. You don't have to eat everything in the buffet, show some restraint.

It is nice to come into these places and eat some healthy Thai food put a fried egg on top and enjoy the prepared fruits and coffee. For some like me it's nice not to have to wait and have the freedom of choice. I'm sure we will hear more of your culinary snobbery. I'm not a breakfast guy but if I'm in town I'll accasionally stop by around noon and although not a gourmet meal it is quite nice and less hassle than cooking in my condo and cleaning up afterwards.

Edited by Rimmer
Name calling edited out by RIMMER

For a little more you don't have to eat garbage. After all, you are what you eat. :)

English Breakfast this morning at the Continental bakery, :D just off Soi Buakhao, other locations as well.

Freshly cooked, big plate full, everything was v.good quality, HP sauce, included a decent cup of coffee as well (I did order a second).

Choice of American / English / Scottish / Kippers! / German / Belgian / Farmers (breakfasts) / Pancakes / Club sandwiches

and many other variations of these.

Great price, think it was 140?

Far better than a cheapie buffet...

Pattaya is great for food.

I heard there is a good buffet with quality items in soi 13.Forgot the name though.Maybe somebody can confirm.

The King's Table (right opposite The Sportsman on soi 13) has an excellent BBQ buffet every Saturday for 199 baht. There are kebabs with excellent quality steak, mussels, shrimp, pork and chicken. As well as a good selection of veggies, potatoes and rice. Very good value and no limit to the number of times to can refill your plate.

I heard there is a good buffet with quality items in soi 13.Forgot the name though.Maybe somebody can confirm.

The King's Table (right opposite The Sportsman on soi 13) has an excellent BBQ buffet every Saturday for 199 baht. There are kebabs with excellent quality steak, mussels, shrimp, pork and chicken. As well as a good selection of veggies, potatoes and rice. Very good value and no limit to the number of times to can refill your plate.

Yup,that's the one I meant.Thanks for the reminding of the name.

Sounds great. I mostly frequented the Sportsman on soi 13 last time I was there as it had some tasty, healthy stuff at a reasonable price and is aircon. I will check out the Continental bakery in a month or so. :)

I wouldnt go there,too cheap for you

Hey Ulysses what are you doing in Pattaya with these high standards?

There is nothing wrong with the Lek, Apex or the Bella Express. You don't have to eat everything in the buffet, show some restraint.

There are a lot of decent places to eat in Pattaya no matter what your standard.

I've tried the Lek and Apex one time in 4 years and that was once too many times.

Each to their own.

Sounds great. I mostly frequented the Sportsman on soi 13 last time I was there as it had some tasty, healthy stuff at a reasonable price and is aircon. I will check out the Continental bakery in a month or so. :)

I have no problem with cheap - only with lousy. :D

I have no problem with cheap - only with lousy. :D

For some reason this notions escapes people.

Who wants a 150 baht buffet which is worth 150 baht.

Give me a 150 baht buffet which is worth 300 baht, then I may be interested.