Party?

raro

I ran into several thavisa members yesterday on two occasions and they had all the same question...when is the next party???

so here we go again...anyone interested? Any suggestions for a location?

For the timing I suggest early June so that we have some time to plan ahead.

NB: I'm not talking about an official thaivisa piss-up party but a get-together of board members for meet and greet.

Over to you! :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suggest Pattaya Beer Garden (start of WS). We had one there a year or two ago and that went very well. Plenty of space, neutral ground, nice sea breeze.

If I recall right the owner even laid out food and cordoned an area off for us.

Saturday June 5th.

Edited by Phil Conners

:) Heard yesterday from a very reliable source, he's a regular there, that there is already an area cordoned off at the beer garden. Not in anticipation of a party though! Seems a section of it has collapsed, so need to check it out before TV'ers plunge into the drink at a party!!

:) Heard yesterday from a very reliable source, he's a regular there, that there is already an area cordoned off at the beer garden. Not in anticipation of a party though! Seems a section of it has collapsed, so need to check it out before TV'ers plunge into the drink at a party!!

I'll meet anywhere where there is aircon and no smoking.

I went in that Irish pub the the Marriot run on the 2nd road. Nice.

Jeez, a mod offers to buy every member a few drinks out of his own pocket,cos it isn't an official party,and you let this sink to the bottom of the second page.

I am in,and my contribution to the party will be that I bring some friends with me.Some with a dry liver.

Edited by basjke

Phil Connors suggested June 6. Would be good for me, who else would join? Let's get a list together...

Suggestions for location are also still open, so far we have the Pattaya Beer Garden only.

I'd like to throw Tropical Bert's in the hat, also a nice place that bore the burden of a TV party a couple of years ago...

Fine by me Raro, if we had the numbers I would make it a Thai Visa only night at Happy Hour prices, maybe George would sponsor some food!!. It would have to be early or late June as we have a British Legion trip to Malaysia 9th to 16th June

Over to you

Bert

Phil Connors suggested June 6. Would be good for me, who else would join? Let's get a list together...

I'd like to throw Tropical Bert's in the hat, also a nice place that bore the burden of a TV party a couple of years ago...

It's a good idea to support our sponsors.

So it looks like June 6 gets some consensus. Anyone else in?

So far we have signed up (?):

raro

Phil Connors

NormanW (no smoking at Bert's and it is airconditioned!)

basjke

Aussiechick

soundman

craigt3365

No worries about Rimmer...we'll lock him away in the kitchen on potato duties... :)

If we can do it in early June, I'm in. Three week business trip to Germany will kill all of Mid and Late June.

Not too particular on location, but we should make sure the place has an area that welcomes our smoking members as well...without risk of getting hit by cars!

Last one at Pattaya Beer Garden was pretty good, but other places would work as well. Really like Bert's idea of a TV-only night, provided we get the headcount committed.

So it looks like June 6 gets some consensus. Anyone else in?

So far we have signed up (?):

raro

Phil Connors

NormanW (no smoking at Bert's and it is airconditioned!)

basjke

Aussiechick

soundman

craigt3365

No worries about Rimmer...we'll lock him away in the kitchen on potato duties... :)

It's in my diary, I'll be there and have some grub as well.

Can't wait.

Have a wonderful day.

Bert has two tables outside for the cigar aficionados... :)

so let's start the headcount...PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU PLAN TO COME ALONE OR WITH PARTNER.

1) raro + 1

2) Phil Connors +1

3) NormanW

4) basjke

5) Aussiechick

6) soundman

7) craigt3365

8) Cochran +1

...looks like we are gaining some momentum...and those who asked me for the party didn't even post in here yet... :D

Bert has two tables outside for the cigar aficionados... :)

so let's start the headcount...PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU PLAN TO COME ALONE OR WITH PARTNER.

1) raro + 1

2) Phil Connors +1

3) NormanW

4) basjke

5) Aussiechick

6) soundman

7) craigt3365

8) Cochran +1

...looks like we are gaining some momentum...and those who asked me for the party didn't even post in here yet... :D

It will probably be craigt3365 +1. But I can not commit yet due to her family commitments. Hopefully, she can make it.

What time are you guys thinking about?

Suggestions for location are also still open, so far we have the Pattaya Beer Garden only.

Raro

Phil suggested Saturday 5th not the 6th (Sunday) Saturday would be far better for me

Well guys the party just went official but we may need to change the date from Sunday the 6th which is not a good day for Tropical Bert to close off part of his bar for us. I also note that Raro can't easily make Sunday the 6th and what good is a party without Raro?

A Saturday Evening will be better for him and allow us to have a dedicated area.

So we are looking at June right?

Saturdays in June are:

5th

12th

19th

26th

Input please and we will collate it.

I have put everyone here down for the 5th which is looking favorite

1) raro + 1

2) Phil Connors +1

3) NormanW

4) basjke

5) Aussiechick

6) soundman

7) craigt3365

8) Cochran +1

We will also need to know if you will be coming with your partner

mea culpa....of course I wanted to say 5th of June and not 6th.... :)

So far we are just 11 of us.....the more the merrier! What about Rimmer? Shall we let him in too?

mea culpa....of course I wanted to say 5th of June and not 6th.... :)

So far we are just 11 of us.....the more the merrier! What about Rimmer? Shall we let him in too?

Mmmh,will he also offer free beers? :D