What's Your Favorite Supermarket... And Why?

Michaelaway

Nobody has mentioned all the great goodies to be found on the second floor of Friendship - a veritable treasure trove of stationery, hardware, cookware and goodness knows what else.

And then there's the basement....... :)

And you care to tell us what can be found in the basement?By the way tell us at the same time where to find the entrance :D

I must admit that it is a little obscure.

look carefully and you will see the basement steps just next to the entrance that leads out to Mornington Crescent.

Once found, never to be forgotten.

AH- HAA...!!

post-72929-1272970876_thumb.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately location does it for me, I can't stand Lotus and Big C for shopping but as Lotus (Sukhumvit) is my nearest I tend to use it quite a bit. Next up is Friendship which is quite a bit better but limited in selection, but again, convenient as I can visit Pattaya, have my walk along the beach and pick-up some shopping on the way home. As a real preference I would have to go for Carrefour and Foodland but the journey is a fair bit longer the Carrefour traffic lights irritate the heck out of me and I rarely get there any more.

You dont have to go Pattaya Klang way,3rd road leads you to the back of Carrefour then to the car park

Someone denies Friendship is "too Asian". Well it passes one of my main tests-no fire exits. Notice 2 out of the 3 doors all of which were almost certainly needed for building safety approval are blocked/locked. Ho Hum you say but I remember the Jomtien fire where 60 odd people were turned in margarine against locked fire exits.

Fair point, but it wouldn't stop me shopping there.

Besides Pattaya Fire Brigade are just a few hundred yards away on 3rd Road.

Locked fire exits are a big problem in Thailand.

Unfortunately location does it for me, I can't stand Lotus and Big C for shopping but as Lotus (Sukhumvit) is my nearest I tend to use it quite a bit. Next up is Friendship which is quite a bit better but limited in selection, but again, convenient as I can visit Pattaya, have my walk along the beach and pick-up some shopping on the way home. As a real preference I would have to go for Carrefour and Foodland but the journey is a fair bit longer the Carrefour traffic lights irritate the heck out of me and I rarely get there any more.

You dont have to go Pattaya Klang way,3rd road leads you to the back of Carrefour then to the car park

Ah ha!! This might go some way to explaining why, whenever I drive into the car park at Carrefour I exit into a completely different part of town and get completely lost as I dont really know where I am! Never really worked that one out...

Someone denies Friendship is "too Asian". Well it passes one of my main tests-no fire exits. Notice 2 out of the 3 doors all of which were almost certainly needed for building safety approval are blocked/locked. Ho Hum you say but I remember the Jomtien fire where 60 odd people were turned in margarine against locked fire exits.

This might be off topic but I would like to add something I experienced myself and this regarding you comment about the fire brigade.

Many moons ago there was a fire on walking street some night.Present was a firetruck with 1 fireman.His reply to the question where the others were was that they would show up after the worldcup on tv finished.

Do I need to tell that the building burnt down to the ground?

So don't put too much confidence in the fire brigade.By the way there is a fire brigade only 100 meters from walking street on Soi 17.

This might be off topic but I would like to add something I experienced myself and this regarding you comment about the fire brigade.

Many moons ago there was a fire on walking street some night.Present was a firetruck with 1 fireman.His reply to the question where the others were was that they would show up after the worldcup on tv finished.

Do I need to tell that the building burnt down to the ground?

So don't put too much confidence in the fire brigade.By the way there is a fire brigade only 100 meters from walking street on Soi 17.

Yup, you're right: definitely off-topic. Like, waaaaaaaay off topic. Now let's get back to the original idea... where you do your food shopping~ Thang Kew, krap!

:)

post-72929-1273042079_thumb.jpg