Where Is Thaksin?

jybkk

How can France, Germany, Russia, China, Dubai, etc justify their allowing a terrorist foreign ex-premier to run an armed insurrection in Thailand............

If it was the other way round I am sure they'd be doing more than complaining.

Published: 26/04/2010 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has emerged to deny rumours that he is dead.

Rumours have swept the internet in recent days that Thaksin, who has been living in self-exile, mainly in Dubai, is suffering from terminal stage cancer.

One version said he died during a chemotherapy session on Friday.

Panthongtae, his eldest son, earlier denied on his Twitter page that that his father had died, but that failed to persuade some people.

"I'm sorry [for those who invent the rumours], but I'm fine. I'm not sick. No doctors have treated me for anything," Thaksin said in his own Twitter page around 3am yesterday.

He said he had rarely addressed the red shirt rally recently because he wanted to distance himself from the red shirt movement, to make it clear that the demonstration was purely for democracy and not for him.

Thaksin lashed out at the Abhisit Vejjajiva government for turning down the red-shirted United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship demand that he dissolve the House in 30 days.

Earlier, the UDD demanded an immediate dissolution, but on Saturday softened its stance, saying it was concerned about public safety.

Mr Abhisit turned down the 30-day dissolution demand, however, saying it was merely a face-saving measure.

How can France, Germany, Russia, China, Dubai, etc justify their allowing a terrorist foreign ex-premier to run an armed insurrection in Thailand............

If it was the other way round I am sure they'd be doing more than complaining.

He didn't go the France... the OP was a joke.

Sounds to me that European Union is now off-limits for him.