Us X-box In Thailand, Will It Work?

alyssa9933

you will need to change the power unit. you can have them mod yours or buy a new one i think they run a little over 1000thb. i think the vid will work fine i just got a cable that let the xbox 360 link to a pc monitor.

Edited by junglist

I brought mine from the UK and everything worked fine, the only problem I encountered was finding games. I've had it modded now and the region coding removed, it will play any gamed or DVD movies now.

I pay B100 per game and the guys in the shop I go to are good as well.

Hope this helps

As the x-box has a separate power supply, like a brick in the middle of the cable

then you will be safer buying a new brick, rather than using a transformer.

Then there is no danger of it being plugged into 220V without the transformer

and possibly blowing up the whole unit.

As the x-box has a separate power supply, like a brick in the middle of the cable

then you will be safer buying a new brick, rather than using a transformer.

Then there is no danger of it being plugged into 220V without the transformer

and possibly blowing up the whole unit.

i just wonder how easy it is to find just a brick. but yes, this is proper advice for sure. however, a transformer to do the step down is easy to find and probably a lot cheaper.

Get the proper brick. I plugged my US Xbox 360 into the converter I bought for my US Wii and it blew up after a few hours. I then went out to and bought a 220v brick for the 360 and have had no problems since. I can't play my Wii now because I don't have a converter anymore but I am thinking of buying a 220v brick for it. I wish they would just do what the PS3 does and make the power unit thing universal. I haven't had any problems with my PS3 as far as electricity goes. It is a HK model but I do believe that the power module can do 110 or 220.

I got the brick at the Digital Gateway at Siam Square for about 1k I believe. I am not sure because it was a while ago. It might have been 2k but I doubt I would have paid that much. They basically took the brick out of an Xbox 360 box and sold it to me. I don't know how they will power that system in the future. Maybe they will use a generic brick but mine was an official MS one. No problems since.

It will be NTSC so will only play region free or NTSC games even if modded.

Modded XBox360s can only play PAL or NTSC games, not both.

well, to clarify. modded xbox will play region free and either PAL or NTSC-U or NTSC-J. i've only had 3 specific problems for games i couldn't find either NTSC-J or Region Free and those were EA's NHL series, EA's NCAA Football and that new Sherlock Holmes game.

btw, Alan Wake is fuc_king incredible.