Champions (!) – League Bayern Munich

Lotusbluete

Congratulations to Bavaria Munich or rather Bayern Muenchen!

A much deserved 3 : 0 victory over uninspired Lyon. Bayern is in the final of the most prestigious club competition on May 22nd. And special congratulation to Ivica Olic (ex-HSV!) for his 3 goals

No British team in this competition anymore, I presume.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea they look pretty good, especially that German striker Olic. :)

Let's see who you get next before celebrating. As for no Brit teams this year it was done out of request by Platini.

I think it's fair to include Blatter in that :D

Let's see who you get next before celebrating. As for no Brit teams this year it was done out of request by Platini.

Yes James... Bayern do like celebrating before they have won anything don't they!

Yes James... Bayern do like celebrating before they have won anything don't they!

Good memories. OGS, what a legend. I'm sure Lotus enjoyed that trip down memory lane...

Blue Peter Badge to Lotus for presuming correctly that there is no British Team in the stage of the Competition, well done, that's shows your intelliegence is higher than the average Water Shrew..

Is it 2002 since the last German side got to this stage of the Competiton Lotus ?? Leverkusen, who of course lost, as did Bayern the previous Year, to English opposition of course ??

Since then Lotus, there has been a total of 6 English Finalists, pretty impressive huh ??

Go Germany & German Club sides, you're great.. :)

good to see a financially responsible club in the final instead of one of those massively-in-debt english ones to be honest. if barca get there as well it'll be two well-run clubs in the final, just as monsieur platini wished. :)

Congratulations to Bayern indeed, as someone said good to see a financially prudent club get there.

However, i just don't see you winning the final whoever makes it out of Barca or Inter, i think Bayern's back 4 is pretty poor with the exception of Lahm. I can't see you stopping either team from scoring....

Anyway good luck to you for the final

Congratulations to Bayern indeed, as someone said good to see a financially prudent club get there.

However, i just don't see you winning the final whoever makes it out of Barca or Inter, i think Bayern's back 4 is pretty poor with the exception of Lahm. I can't see you stopping either team from scoring....

Anyway good luck to you for the final

Agreed, i could see Barca getting 70% plus possession against a Team that play the way Bayern too, Robben getting sent off due to frustration in touching the Ball once in an Hour etc & cheating his way through the Game, like he normally does..

That aside, Van Gaal is no Fool whatsoever but i'd be amazed if they won it, no matter who they play in the Final..

i don't see barca getting to the final now. i can't see inter not scoring at camp nou. if i were a betting man (which i am) i'd have a punt on eto'o scoring the goal that knocks his former club out. . .

" 90 minutes is a very, very long time in the Nou Camp. " Josep Guardiola, 20 mins after his Team were beaten in Milan last week.. :)

I think if Milan sit back and try to protect what they have got they will get mullered.

I think if Milan take the game to Barca they will get mullered.

So i think Barca will muller Milan tonight 3 or 4 goals easy,Milan had a couple of dodgy decisions go there way in that first match which led to goals and are not as good as Barca :)

I think if Milan sit back and try to protect what they have got they will get mullered.

I think if Milan take the game to Barca they will get mullered.

So i think Barca will muller Milan tonight 3 or 4 goals easy,Milan had a couple of dodgy decisions go there way in that first match which led to goals and are not as good as Barca :)

mourinho's no mug. he'll know that the way you upset barca is to get physical with them as chelsea have in the past. take the bookings if you have to but kick them, upset their rhythm and look to hit them on the counter. barca don't really have anything at the back as quick as eto'o. 2-1 barca, perhaps even a draw, the self-obsessed one into the final.

Blue Peter Badge to Lotus for presuming correctly that there is no British Team in the stage of the Competition, well done, that's shows your intelliegence is higher than the average Water Shrew..

Is it 2002 since the last German side got to this stage of the Competiton Lotus ?? Leverkusen, who of course lost, as did Bayern the previous Year, to English opposition of course ??

Since then Lotus, there has been a total of 6 English Finalists, pretty impressive huh ??

Hallo Mr. Singh,

My respect, you have an absolute brilliant memory regarding the British finalists. I never doubted or denied these facts!

What I do not understand is, why do you compare my intelligence with that of an "average Water Shrew"? You see, with this remark you are an outstanding example of the rudeness of some posters here on TV.

Hallo Mr. Singh,

My respect, you have an absolute brilliant memory regarding the British finalists. I never doubted or denied these facts!

What I do not understand is, why do you compare my intelligence with that of an "average Water Shrew"? You see, with this remark you are an outstanding example of the rudeness of some posters here on TV.

He did say "higher than the average water shrew" i consider my intelligence higher also :D

So i don't think you could class that as being rude :D

And he give you a Blue Peter Badge which i can assure you only goes to people with special skills!

Hallo Mr. Singh,

Sorry Mr Lotus, i think you're getting me confused with someone who gives a monkeys what you think after your snidey attempts to mock the " British " Game.. :D

If i was being insulting i would have brang something with far less intelligence into it wouldn't i, not a jyst a general run of the mill Water Shrew AND i said your intelligence was higher than the average one too.. :D

What else you got for me Mr Lotus that i can shoot down ( no pun intended ) ??

No the request came from the FA they want everyone fit for the World Cup

Alright Trev ??

Nice avatar ...

Hallo Mr. Singh,

Sorry Mr Lotus, i think you're getting me confused with someone who gives a monkeys what you think after your snidey attempts to mock the " British " Game.. :D

If i was being insulting i would have brang something with far less intelligence into it wouldn't i, not a jyst a general run of the mill Water Shrew AND i said your intelligence was higher than the average one too.. :D

Hallo Mr. Singh,

according to you request here is the latest update:

Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery is set to miss the Champions League final on 22 May after being banned by the UEFA for three games.

The midfielder missed Tuesday's victory over Lyon after being sent off in the first tie in Germany.

Ribery was shown a straight red card by Italian referee Roberto Rosetti in the 37th minute for a tackle on Lyon's Lisandro Lopez at the Allainz Arena

Hallo Mr. Singh,

Hallo Mr. Singh,

Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery is set to miss the Champions League final on 22 May after being banned by the UEFA for three games.

The midfielder missed Tuesday's victory over Lyon after being sent off in the first tie in Germany.

Ribery was shown a straight red card by Italian referee Roberto Rosetti in the 37th minute for a tackle on Lyon's Lisandro Lopez at the Allainz Arena

i think khun ribery has rather more pressing matters in his personal life though.

Hallo Mr. Singh,

Hallo Mr. Singh,

That's actually not the latest update, the latest update is that they've just launched their appeal to overturn the decision..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8649138.stm

Nice try though...:D

Let's hope it does get overturned for your sakes & every neutruels sakes too, cos you need him to stand any chance of winning it me thinks..

Especially for my dear friend Mr. Singh, the latest update:

Inter Milan reached the Champions League final on Wednesday, beating Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate in their semi-final despite losing the second leg 1-0.

Inter, who won the first game 3-1 last week, will play Bayern Munich in the final on May 22 in Madrid.

Good luck to Bayern Muenchen (most probably without Ribery. Thanks Mr. Singh)!