Car Rental Through The Thavisa Carrental Site

shotover

I'm planning to rent a car through the Thai Visa carrental site, and would appreciate any feedback.

1. Is it easy to change the rental dates after picking the car up? I would be more likely to add days rather than use fewer days than the original reservation dates.

2. Any preference between Budget and Thai Rent a Car? Prices seem close.

3. Any other suggestions.

I am planning to pick the car up when I arrive at the Bkk airport.

Rented a few times with Thai Rent a Car. No problem whatsoever to change both category and type. Very friendly and polite staff (at New Petchbury main office). They are efficient!

PS: No smoking vehicules only.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Rent a Car and Budget at the airport have both been good with my preference for the former; newer vehicles and pretty fast service.

Make sure you book it short and extend (easily done with a phone call) since booking it long and bringing it back early won't get you a refund with TRAC (it's in the small print on the voucher you will get).

Budget did give me a refund which was a surprise but don't know if that was just a sweetener as I normally rent with TRAC.

TRAC doesn't take a whopping security deposit temporary 'hold' on your credit card like Budget, Avis, Hertz and Sixt do; up to 35k baht on a Fortuner once with Avis! TRAC usually only take a 5000 baht 'hold' which although still unlike renting in the west, is easier on the plastic .

TRAC meets you at the 'Meeting Point' at Gate 3 and the car is usually in the far garage (same place as drop off) so bit of a walk but they find carts if you need one and carry/push your stuff for you.

Budget desk is at Gate 8 the end of the International Arrivals hall (after bag claim) which is easy to get to when arriving International but you need to have something on paper to pass airport security if you are arriving at Domestic which is down at Gate 1 and 'blocked' at Gate 3 where AOT security rules you must wait to meet passengers. Budget drop off is at the same Gate 8 so a bit handier but their service always seems slower.