Deportation Invitation?

JusMe

The newspaper that most not be named should not be hinted at. It doesn't exist! It's a myth! You got that! Its nothing, a joke, an urban legend. Don't even think about it. :):D

Shame for all Aussies.

That ain't no Aussie accent. :D

and it ain,t British

just what i was thinking.

sounds more n. american to me!

could it be someone we know on tv?

Edited by tigerfish

Try Irish.

theres no way that is a n. irish accent and i know the s. irish acent can be softer in some regions. maybe there is a slight hint, but it defineatley aint an aussie accent.

Edited by tigerfish

There's definitely undertones of a Northern Irish accent there. Obviously modified by years of being outside Ireland.

On another note, while I don't condone the (insert colour of shirt here in case of automated filters) movement, he seems to be speaking as a witness to the events of April 10. I certainly can't condone that action either. There can be no justification for firing live rounds into a crowd at night; an army and a government working together, (as they still seem to be doing) have other means at their disposal to keep the peace.

It's funny to read what his own country's embassy has to say about Conor David Purcell:

"You need to take what he says with a big dose of salt,'' said a source at the Australian embassy. "He's a big noter who gilds the lily big time.''

and

The embassy source said Mr Purcell's behaviour and public statements were "disturbing" and they had advised him to return home. "He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws," the source said.

to top it off, are his own future plans:

Mr Purcell says that when the protests are over he plans to continue his attempts to set up a charity here

As if someone with no money and no passport and allegedly suffering from not one, but two infected gunshot wounds in his hip (quite amazing how he's still able to stand for all these red stage shows) is really in a position to start up a charity.

Aussie 'radicalised' by Thai crackdown

The Sydney Morning Herald

May 3, 2010 - 5:59PM

A 29-year-old Australian who is a regular speaker at anti-government rallies in Bangkok, says he had been radicalised by an April 10 clash between the Thai military and demonstrators.

Connor David Purcell, who claims he is a former Australian reservist, said his speeches to the crowds in central Bangkok, and translated into Thai by protest leaders, were aimed at trying to keep the world informed.

Purcell said the April 10 clash that left 25 people dead, including 20 civilians, had led to him becoming involved with the anti-government movement.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Purcell claims to have a university degree from Western Australia and says he is an admirer of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Thaksin, ousted in a 2006 coup, is now living overseas after a court found him guilty of corruption and sentenced him to two years' jail.

Media reports say Thaksin is a key backer of the current demonstrations that have shut down a prime commercial, tourist and hotel sector of Bangkok for a month, costing thousands of jobs and millions of dollars in lost revenue.

The Thai government has been taken steps to gradually close the protests down but also to avoid further bloodshed.

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

The English language Bangkok Post, quoting an embassy source, said Purcell's behaviour and public statements were disturbing and he had been advised to return to Australia. He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws, the report said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

Noted he is a military reservist........the only connection with the SAS is the name.....for reservists it means Saturdays and Sundays....also known as Weekend Warriors......Bit like Dads Army really.

BTW I did my time in the real Army

According to George's post, the Bangkok Post's articles can still be:

- mentioned

- commented on

- summarized

- linked to

no big deal really.

Since then it's been updated to include linking to the Bangkok Post. This is not part of the topic though, so please no further posts regarding this. If you have any more questions feel free to contact support@(thaivisa.com). Subsequent off-topic posts will be trashed.

it certainly looks like the same guy, could it really be that he's a yellow shirt and a redshirt!! now that would be funny..these guys have way to much tme on their hands..

aussies.jpg

Pictures taken one and a half years apart. Same same?

The newspaper that most not be named should not be hinted at. It doesn't exist! It's a myth! You got that! Its nothing, a joke, an urban legend. Don't even think about it. :):D

Shame for all Aussies.

That ain't no Aussie accent. :D

and it ain,t British

He's Irish

As an irish person myself, who lived in Australia for years, I can quite safely say it's irish/aussie with some kind of weird american tinge to it that I'd suspect he's putting on to go along with his clinton-esque hand actions... :)

who the hel_l does he think he is!?

he's a fool and a fake, and an embarrassment to Ireland, Australia and every farang in Thailand! Hope they deport him or throw his ass in a thai jail... that ought to give him some time to think about Thai politics.

It really doesn't matter who or what or where this guy is from or what are his politics as it is all irrelevant from my point of view. If someone does not have citizenship in the country in which they are visiting or living, they should learn to mind their own f*cking business when it comes to the internal politics of that country. I have never figured out why someone who is a guest of a country thinks they have the right to criticize that country from within. If someone wants to publicly criticize Thai politics, they should leave and criticize from the safety of their own country or post anonymously on TV forum. :) IMHO, I think this guy should be forced to spend some time in jail and then be permanently deported.

It really doesn't matter who or what or where this guy is from or what are his politics as it is all irrelevant from my point of view. If someone does not have citizenship in the country in which they are visiting or living, they should learn to mind their own f*cking business when it comes to the internal politics of that country. I have never figured out why someone who is a guest of a country thinks they have the right to criticize that country from within. If someone wants to publicly criticize Thai politics, they should leave and criticize from the safety of their own country or post anonymously on TV forum. :) IMHO, I think this guy should be forced to spend some time in jail and then be permanently deported.

Why? Seriously what has he done?

Why? Seriously what has he done?

Answer is quite simple--he is a guest of the current government and is helping incite people that are trying to overthrow his host government. Aiding in overthrowing a government is obviously is serious so I think a little time in incarcertion would be an added deterrent to other 'guests' in Thailand from following in his footsteps and adding to the current situation getting more out of control.