Farang Scams Thai - Tables Turned

Totsagan

I was just listening to L__K T_ng 95.

A farong goes into the gas station and says his Thai girlfriend stole all his money :D

He shows the owner his Rollex watch, worth thousands, and asks for 4000 bht.

He shows his passport, and gives them his cell number.

He says he will return in a couple of days to get the watch back.

One day, two days, three days, etc - the farong does not come back for his watch.

The gas station owner calls the cell number - no answer.

He takes the watch to a watch shop to sell...it's a fake.

No such phone number, fake passport, fake watch... farong walks away with 4000 baht.

:)

Please don't do anything STUPID brother. If you are in need of cash contact family or friends. Police in Thailand will send you away for a long time. Don't be foolish. I know you want our help to scam, con some Thais. Please don't!

Let us help you x

Yeh that'd be clever. Some petrol pump attendant docked the price of the fuel from the Bht4000 a month pay cheque.

But if falls far short of the stupidity of foreigners who are usually smile while they are handing over the life savings to the object of their adoration.

Edited by GuestHouse

So he bought a fake rolex, and a fake passport so he could make 4000 baht, sounds like the score is thai scams 2 farang scams 1

:) I didn't look at it that way. I guess you're right.

Westybrook: Relax. It's just I story I heard on a radio luk tung station this morning (Kampuu and Rachanee). But thanks for offering to save me...

Anyway, the Thai police and I are great friends. I've met many of them. I'm always offering donations to them during road stops. Something about the speed limit being 90 and I'm going 105.

Wonderful guys. I respect the local police.

A good mate of mine fell for this exact scam last year! I couldn't believe he would be so stupid and guillable. The scammer was of Middle Eastern origin and NOT a 'traditional' Farang , so maybe the OP

is either .....

1) Thinking a farong is someone with this type of background

2) Playing a silly 'lets get back at the westerners' game

3) Bored at work!

:)

Edited by Dave the Dude

3) Bored at work!

:D

Dave, Dude...

I'm the OP

1. See post #3

2. Don't understand what you're trying to say

3. Bored all the time, man...all the time... :)

My g/f's family nearly fell for the same scam in Trang two weeks ago. They rang her and she spoke english to him. he just tried to confuse her but his story was so crazy that she just told her family to not buy the watch, it was proberly a scam.

When i came home she asked me about it and i said the same, a scam. She said her parents won't buy the watch but will probably give him a couple of hundred baht. Luckily he didn't accept this, he wanted the 4000 so they told him where to go.

Yeh that'd be clever. Some petrol pump attendant docked the price of the fuel from the Bht4000 a month pay cheque.

But if falls far short of the stupidity of foreigners who are usually smile while they are handing over the life savings to the object of their adoration.

Yes, it's fall short, but you have to start somewhere. :)

I think the farang who think they own their homes only to discover the title deed has been transferred to another owner after the fact still take the cake. It's particularly heartbreaking come eviction day and you come across these folks doing DIY painting/plumping/carpentry..., mowing their lawns, etc. on 'their' homes.

:-|

I think the farang who think they own their homes only to discover the title deed has been transferred to another owner after the fact still take the cake. It's particularly heartbreaking come eviction day and you come across these folks doing DIY painting/plumping/carpentry..., mowing their lawns, etc. on 'their' homes.

I thought I was naive when I first came here but someone that puts a house in their wife/gf's name and expects to keep said house is beyond naive. You wouldn't do that in your own country. I hope. :)

I thought I was naive when I first came here but someone that puts a house in their wife/gf's name and expects to keep said house is beyond naive. You wouldn't do that in your own country. I hope. :)

depends if your wifes a whore and on alot of things

The scammer was of Middle Eastern origin and NOT a 'traditional' Farang , so maybe the OP

is either .....

Just learned a very ugly word for the "farong" of Middle Eastern descent: "Keek Kaw" (white Muslim) instead of "Keek India" (where it can also be a non Muslim) or "Keek Malayu"....

Thais have always been very racist in categorizing people by origin and skin colour. But they may need soon the "Keek Kaw" as there are many around in Bangkok now. These guys are not scared.

We had an Italian come to our village, 45 kms north of Korat, about 7 years ago with the same scam.

I told him I would give him the 2,000 baht he wanted for his very nice leather jacket but not for the fake rolex. He didnt like that one bit and become very offensive. Needless to say he left the village without any money.

3) Bored at work!

Dave, Dude...

I'm the OP

1. See post #3

3. Bored all the time, man...all the time... :D

At least you're not one of these <deleted> that insists upon calling everybody a 'dude'. :)

Edited by elkangorito

3) Bored at work!

Dave, Dude...

I'm the OP

1. See post #3

3. Bored all the time, man...all the time... :D

At least you're not one of these <deleted> that insists upon calling everybody a 'dude'. :)

Dude should we all call everyone mate?

I thought I was naive when I first came here but someone that puts a house in their wife/gf's name and expects to keep said house is beyond naive. You wouldn't do that in your own country. I hope. :D

Like what? Be honest plenty of blokes been taken for a ride, and not all of their wives have been whores. :)

I thought I was naive when I first came here but someone that puts a house in their wife/gf's name and expects to keep said house is beyond naive. You wouldn't do that in your own country. I hope. :D

Like what? Be honest plenty of blokes been taken for a ride, and not all of their wives have been whores. :)

The "my gf is different" syndrome ? :D