Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half time saraburi 1 - 1 chiang mai. waterlogged pitch, pissing down and chiang mai hanging on against a good saraburi team.

That just about sums it up. Saraburi and Chiang Mai are the favourites to go up from this group so a draw would be a good result away. Terrible conditions though, can't really play good football on that pitch. But its the same for both sides like it was in Chiang Rai last month.

My first time to see Chiang Mai. I am based in Ayutthaya so the trip to Saraburi was a must. I've never felt so much excitement in every pass that was made... you never knew if the ball would skid over wet grass or stop dead in a puddle! Anyway CM can be happy with a point, Saraburi were the better side on the day but I would expect CM to defeat Saraburi at home. Looking forward to the Chiang Mai v Buriram on the 7th, I'll most probably be there.

Also following FC Phuket closely, another club that can offer a lot to the higher leagues.

post-4641-1156694572.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif1zgarz5.gifpost-4641-1156694606.gifpartytime2.gif

(BUMP)

I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited for Saturday at 18:00! I even have a friend visiting from USA. It should be a great time! (And look at all the fun football/soccer-related emoticons one can use...)

Bring on the CMFC fun!!!!!!!!!

should be a good game and a great atmosphere. a few of us meeting at red lion 4pm, leaving at 5.30 for those needing a lift. nice one.

post-4641-1156694572.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif1zgarz5.gifpost-4641-1156694606.gifpartytime2.gif

(BUMP)

I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited for Saturday at 18:00! I even have a friend visiting from USA. It should be a great time! (And look at all the fun football/soccer-related emoticons one can use...)

Bring on the CMFC fun!!!!!!!!!

should be a good game and a great atmosphere. a few of us meeting at red lion 4pm, leaving at 5.30 for those needing a lift. nice one.

Wish I could be there Nicky, but with only one day left on my holiday in Phuket I can't cut it short the Mrs would kill me. Hope its a good game and a good result.

Edited by thaimiller

Yes, good game.

Rangsit were trying the long ball -> flick-on which almost worked a couple of times but as I've often seen now, Chiang Mai's strong old-fashioned wing play brought the goals for them again. No's 4 and 6 again were strong on the flanks.

They also cranked up the main video screen and had 2 or 3 cameramen roaming the ground, whose feeds they switched between with the grace of, well, those 4 dancers they trot out each game. Looking forward to when they figure out a way to put replays up there.

By the way, does anyone know what the other scores in the league were this weekend? Would be most grateful for a listing/link.

cheers

H.

Chiang Mai FC website

17:00 บุรีรัมย์ เอฟซี 2 - 2 พิจิตร

18:00 ตรัง เอฟซี 0 - 2 สระบุรี เอฟซี

18:00 เชียงใหม่ เอฟซี 2 - 0 ม.รังสิต

I think that translates as

Buriram 2 - 2 Pichit

Trang 0 - 2 Saraburi

Chiang Mai 2 - 0 Rangsit

1 เชียงใหม่ เอฟซี 2 1 1 0 4 2 4 +2

2 สระบุรี เอฟซี 2 1 1 0 4 2 4 +2

3 บุรีรัมย์ เอฟซี 2 1 1 0 4 3 4 +1

4 พิจิตร เอฟซี 2 1 1 0 4 3 4 +1

5 ตรัง เอฟซี 2 0 0 2 1 4 0 -3

6 ม.รังสิต 2 0 0 2 1 4 0 -3

Which I guess translates as 

1 Chiang Mai 2 1 1 0 4 2 4 +2

2 Saraburi 2 1 1 0 4 2 4 +2

3 Buriram 2 1 1 0 4 3 4 +1

4 Pichit 2 1 1 0 4 3 4 +1

5 Trang 2 0 0 2 1 4 0 -3

6 Rangsit 2 0 0 2 1 4 0 -3

Hello to the faithful out there.

I've heard tickets maybe required. I know that it sounds stupid but on the web and the chiang mai site it staes that tickets are advised. Don't hold me to it, but there is a security risk due to Newin Chidchob. It's his team that we are playing, and if you know of him you will understand why. On the forums, they say that there may be quite a few away fans. My advice is to get a ticket, I don't think its all ticket, but the club are advising fans to buy one. I can only think its due to security checks getting into the game. If anyone has any more info then please post it. Even if it's just a rumor.

Yours Faithly

EAST SIDE NORMALS

I've heard tickets maybe required. I know that it sounds stupid but on the web and the chiang mai site it staes that tickets are advised. Don't hold me to it, but there is a security risk due to Newin Chidchob. It's his team that we are playing, and if you know of him you will understand why. On the forums, they say that there may be quite a few away fans. My advice is to get a ticket, I don't think its all ticket, but the club are advising fans to buy one. I can only think its due to security checks getting into the game. If anyone has any more info then please post it. Even if it's just a rumor.

Yours Faithly

EAST SIDE NORMALS

Is this definitely chidchob's team? There's another Buriram team in the Thai Premiere league, I think.

Yours Faithly

EAST SIDE NORMALS

Is this definitely chidchob's team? There's another Buriram team in the Thai Premiere league, I think.

Just been up to the 700 year stadium to buy tickets, but they have sold out of pre paid tickets, the guy in the office showed me the 4 empty books. His advice is to get there early on Sunday as there will be tickets available on the day but he expects a sell out crowd well before kick off. :header:

Yours Faithly

EAST SIDE NORMALS

He controls both Buriram teams. They are one and the same. Same stadium, same fans, even same players (there are seven Buriram PEA reserves in the Buriram F.C team). There will be a lot of away fans there because they each get paid 300 baht to go to away games. The whole set-up absolutely stinks to high heaven.

If you go up chang klan road away from the night bizzare and pantip after about 500-750meters there is a Kasikorn bank (green bank) on your left and and Ayuthya bank (yellow bank) on your right, turn right into the carpark at the side of Ayuthya bank and go to the opposite end of the carpark and the shop is in the left hand far corner. You can't miss it as its tiger striped.

Edited by thaimiller

If you go up chang klan road away from the night bizzare and pantip after about 500-750meters there is a Kasikorn bank (green bank) on your left and and Ayuthya bank (yellow bank) on your right, turn right into the carpark at the side of Ayuthya bank and go to the opposite end of the carpark and the shop is in the left hand far corner. You can't miss it as its tiger striped.

Many thanks!