Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

Just been reading on the Chiang Mai Fc facebook page (well the Mrs read it for me) that all the celebrations start at 5pm tomorrow, then the game at 6pm. They are presenting the trophy for winning the league after the game at 8pm, then some sort of party at the 700 year stadium at 8.30pm all invited. Should be a great afternoon/evening/night out and all for 30thb. But get there early as it may be a busy one... :partytime2::bow:

You have popcorn at a party Mr Miller ;) , i would have thought that you would be on something a bit stronger :whistling: .

Im taking the Mrs and Nipper with me Alfie, so best behaviour today for me. Cost me a bloddy fortune to buy em T-shirts :D

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Chiang Mai FC. Champions.

Nice 1-0 victory over a competent Lampang team on a pitch that was waterlogged in some areas.

When that tall CM midfielder stepped up to take that free kick I was thinking 'Shouldn't he be in the box?', but he answered my question - straight in for the winning goal.

Gutted I can't be at the post match celebrations at Three Kings.

Chaiyo!

Brilliant night out and I wouldn't like to guess how many people were there. Good to see them get the trophy at the end. I though Brett Buckingham (number 30) had a great game yesterday, not seen him much this season due to injuries but on that form he could play a great part in the play-offs. Congratulations to Chiang Mai again for the championship.

Great game last night! I had a lot of fun cheering in the front with the farang supporters for the first time. Kevin, thanks for the ride. Now, what's the playoff schedule? :)

Not sure on the play-offs yet but I will post here when I get more info. Nice to meet you last night. I wonder how the Thai guy that kept falling everywhere is feeling this morning???? :drunk:

Edited by thaimiller

Congrats to CMFC on winning the league. I'm surprised to see their away kit is yellow - maybe they'd sell more if it was red... whistling.gif

Anyway, I just wanted to say that their fame and popularity is growing very quickly (or at least it seems that way to me). I was playing Jeopardy in class the other day with some students in M3 & M4 and the answer to a question in the category of 'Chiang Mai' was 'Tigers'. Almost immediately, one girl's hand shot up and she proudly asked "What's the nickname of Chiang Mai FC?" I was very impressed.

As for the play-offs, what league are they gunning for promotion into?

Def got the easier of the two groups! Bangkok FC and Sumat Prakarn were in the TPL not long ago!

Hopefully fixtures will be confirmed soon!

It was a definate benefit in winning the league agreed, not sure on the other teams but Phichit beat Chiang mai this year in the league and were a strong team. 2 teams qualify so fingers crossed. Looking forward to the games.

Ive not heard anything yet but I'll try and find out in the next day or so, I though Nigbon may know as he does the thai league website and he hasn't posted them. Theres no update on the club website yet also.

Edited by thaimiller

Ive not heard anything yet but I'll try and find out in the next day or so, I though Nigbon may know as he does the thai league website and he hasn't posted them. Theres no update on the club website yet also.

Iv'e just read this :

Division 2 Champions League program has been delayed. The Reginoal League board will meet again on the 29th of September

The fixtures for the play-offs have been decided and are as follows:-

16 Oct Away at Saraburi 4pm kick-off

23 Oct Home against Rangsit 6pm Kick-off

31 Oct Away at Pichit 6pm Kick-off

7 Nov Home against Buriram 6pm Kick-off

14 Nov Home against Trang 6pm Kick-off

20 Nov Away at Trang 6pm Kick Off

28 Nov Away at Buriram 5pm Kick-off

4 Dec Home against Pichit 6pm Kick-off

11 Dec Away at Rangsit 4pm Kick-off

18 Dec Home against Saraburi 4pm Kick-off

All the home games are at the 700 year stadium.

The fixtures for the play-offs have been decided and are as follows:-

16 Oct Away at Saraburi 4pm kick-off

23 Oct Home against Rangsit 6pm Kick-off

31 Oct Away at Pichit 6pm Kick-off

7 Nov Home against Buriram 6pm Kick-off

14 Nov Home against Trang 6pm Kick-off

20 Nov Away at Trang 6pm Kick Off

28 Nov Away at Buriram 5pm Kick-off

4 Dec Home against Pichit 6pm Kick-off

11 Dec Away at Rangsit 4pm Kick-off

18 Dec Home against Saraburi 4pm Kick-off

All the home games are at the 700 year stadium.

Cheers Mr Miller, all the away games seem quite a distance, not sure about Pichit though !

Come On you Tigers

Edited by alfieconn

I hope you chinned him :D , how old are you by the way ?

Oh dear, I don't know what chinned means...is that like "pulling a Zidane" using only the chin? ;) Instead I just smiled and shrugged, which is a variation of my standard "smile and nod" when I don't know why someone says something.

I'm 34...I forget how old he said he was, somewhere in his mid-20s I think. Not entirely sure how the subject came up, but I guess that's how it goes when you get thousands of screaming fans fueled by Leo and Chang, etc., together in a stadium with a CHAMPIONSHIP team!

Edited by SadieMBeagle

I want to catch the home games, but I fear that if I hear that bloody ChiangMai FC 'theme song' one more time I might inadvertantly hurt somebody.

It's still going round in my head now and it's been ages since the last game. Please, if anyone has any sway with the CMFC bigwigs, please suggest a different song for next season and save a man's sanity.

How about 'Eye of the Tiger' from Rocky. Mind you that will probably just substitute the mindless violence of a lone farang with mass puking in the stands.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Edited by hanuman1

I want to catch the home games, but I fear that if I hear that bloody ChiangMai FC 'theme song' one more time I might inadvertantly hurt somebody.

It's still going round in my head now and it's been ages since the last game. Please, if anyone has any sway with the CMFC bigwigs, please suggest a different song for next season and save a man's sanity.

How about 'Eye of the Tiger' from Rocky. Mind you that will probably just substitute the mindless violence of a lone farang with mass puking in the stands.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Its the Lady Gaga song they sing that I can't get out of my head, my daughter has been singing it all the time since the last game. You know the one "Ga Ga O la la we sing for Chiang mai" and " O a O a OO a OOOO a OOOOO Chiang Mai Champions league"

Alfie Ive been looking on google maps and it says Phichit is 497 km away, should do it in about 6 hours but a little too far for me on a Sunday night back. If it had been the Saturday then I would have gone and stayed over.

I hope you chinned him :D , how old are you by the way ?

Oh dear, I don't know what chinned means...is that like "pulling a Zidane" using only the chin? ;) Instead I just smiled and shrugged, which is a variation of my standard "smile and nod" when I don't know why someone says something.

I'm 34...I forget how old he said he was, somewhere in his mid-20s I think. Not entirely sure how the subject came up, but I guess that's how it goes when you get thousands of screaming fans fueled by Leo and Chang, etc., together in a stadium with a CHAMPIONSHIP team!

Chinned is the same as a punch in the mouth but i wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour from a lady of Chiang Mai :o anyway

34 is not old, perhaps that was his chat up line :(.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the opening hours of the CMFC store off Changklan Road? Went by today and they were shut. Trying to get a few items for visitors who leave tomorrow. :o

Thanks.

MF

I think it's a Monday to Friday / 9-5 kinf of set up down there.

I'm not sure if they still run the shop at the 700 year stadium as well if your closer to that end of town or would like to show your visitors the ground.

First round of the Champions League Playoff tomorrow - Chiang Mai's big push to promotion

Here are the first weekends fixtures from http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=93004

16 October 1 16:00 Saraburi - Chiang Mai 2 16:00 Rangsit Uni - Buriram

3 18:00 Trang - Phichit 17 October 4 16:00 Bangkok FC - Chainat

5 16:00 Samut Prakhan - FC Phuket 6 16:00 Loei City - Rayong

I'm off to Saraburi tomorrow, anyone coming?

Edited by Nigbon

Ive just been told that the Saraburi Vs Chiang Mai game is on the T-Sports channel(2 channels after Star sports) on UBC tomorrow at 4pm, although at this stage I can't see it advertised. Fingers crossed that it is.

Edited by thaimiller