Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

Hi Netineti, Welcome back, hope your ok. On saturday with it being Christmas Day im not sure if anyone is going to the Red Lion,as im sure Kev will be busy with Christmas lunches. The game starts at 4pm and we'll be there in the usual place, hope to see you there.

Where is the "usual place"? The time I went with you guys, I thought we were in the section with the drums and the 2 guys with megaphones. That's where I've been sitting ever since, with some other friends, and I never see you. Are you closer to the center of the stadium? I occasionally catch glimpses of Kevin, but that's about it.

I am going to the game this Saturday, but the rest of my usual crew has their priorities messed up for some reason, and are celebrating Christmas instead of CMFC. So, it looks like I'll be slumming it with you lot (kidding!! I love you guys) ;) I was hoping we'd meet up at the Red Lion, but as you say, it'll probably be busy due to the day.

See you Saturday....! To be festive, I'm bringin' red wine. Anybody want to bring chocolate, or Christmas cookies?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sadie, for the past month or so we have been watching it from the opposite side of the stadium, its cooler over there as you get a good breeze. Your welcome to join us over there, we stand at the back and im sure you won't miss us. Directly across from the main stand where we saw you the first time. Also to anyone that may want to get their tickets early to save queueing on the day as there will probably be a big crowd with the fact that we got promoted last week and also the fact that Saraburi could still get promoted if they beat us and Buriam lose (really hope this happens...lol), the club shop on Chang Klan road got them in today and Im sure the Club shop at 700 year stadium will have them also.

Edited by thaimiller

I read that there were 23,000 supporters at CM's last game at home

Is this true?

If so thats for than some Premier League teams get :o

What's the capacity of the stadium?

The Burriram game had the highest attendance this season when the stadium was about 95% full of which 1,000 - 1,500 were Burriram supporters, a bit of a difference from the 1,500 we were getting at the beginning of the season

The capacity must be about 20,000 IMO.

Have a great day lads- unfortunately (that's not the right word!) I'll be enjoying the Xmas spread at Duke's...

Yes you have a great day too, great to meet you and the wife, hope to see you next season at some stage. Have a great Christmas.

Is this true?

i have been to every home game this and last season and def not 23k lol more like 15 max. buriram was the big game,maybe 19k that game was over stated crowd wise also from t-sports etc.no inside info or anything just got on good auth from the sister of a midfielder who i know well (jing jing lor!!!).

any so called cmfc fan who doesnt go on xmas day is a closet plastic fan who prob supports man u(rinals) and gets in farang talk and has only been going this season.rant over.cmfc tiger army...on and on

Hi Netineti,

I would give you a lift but Im only going to be coming from San Sai as thats where Im having Christmas dinner, then straight after the game im off to the airport for a 8.30pm flight so I can't even help you on the way back, sorry mate, but hope to see you at the ground.

any so called cmfc fan who doesnt go on xmas day is a closet plastic fan who prob supports man u(rinals) and gets in farang talk and has only been going this season.rant over.cmfc tiger army...on and on

But...I didn't live here before this season...*sniffle* Seriously though, you were a n00b once, too, dude. Would you rather CMFC have a good-sized crowd, or should only the "real" fans be allowed? (And who would verify that btw?)

Anyway, I know I said I'd join you all in the stands, but that was before I learned you'd relocated to BFE! I think the lure of the drums and the megaphones maybe too strong...oh, and scratch the red wine. I think I'll bring eggnog instead :)

We cheer for Chiang Mai!

Edited by SadieMBeagle

But...I didn't live here before this season...*sniffle* Seriously though, you were a n00b once, too, dude. Would you rather CMFC have a good-sized crowd, or should only the "real" fans be allowed? (And who would verify that btw?)

Anyway, I know I said I'd join you all in the stands, but that was before I learned you'd relocated to BFE! I think the lure of the drums and the megaphones maybe too strong...oh, and scratch the red wine. I think I'll bring eggnog instead :)

We cheer for Chiang Mai!

Hi sadie, no probs about not joining us at the other side of the ground. I agree about the good sized crowd rather than having long standing supporters of 2 years lol, no Idea who chiang Mai Foxy is, but it looks like he had a little too much to drink judging by the time he wrote that last night. Have a good Christmas.

We cheer for Chiang Mai!

Hi sadie, no probs about not joining us at the other side of the ground. I agree about the good sized crowd rather than having long standing supporters of 2 years lol, no Idea who chiang Mai Foxy is, but it looks like he had a little too much to drink judging by the time he wrote that last night. Have a good Christmas.

Looks like old Chiangmai Foxy is after a Blue Peter badge for his attendance last season and this :o:D but i bet he's not best buddys with the owner Of CMFC unlike ourselves Mr Miller :D.

Is this true?

i have been to every home game this and last season and def not 23k lol more like 15 max. buriram was the big game,maybe 19k that game was over stated crowd wise also from t-sports etc.no inside info or anything just got on good auth from the sister of a midfielder who i know well (jing jing lor!!!).

Who's got the biggest car, who speaks Thai the best, who's been going to Chiang Mai F.C the longest. Who cares, I don't. I remember my visiting parents telling me that a certain bar owner who is a regular at the games had said to them that my information about the club was wrong. Due to the fact that he has been going to Chiang Mai F.C for years. When my parents questioned that Chiang Mai F.C was only formed this year, they were told that they were wrong. Maybe they were, I don't know for sure, but to my knowledge there were not playing last year, they did not play at the 700 year old stadium, they did not play in blue and they were called Chiang Mai United and there was only a few hundred watching. Most of the time there was only one or two falangs that attended, myself included. I used to drum up a chat with the odd one now and again, but I never saw anybody else that attended regular apart from myself and a couple of friends.

At the end of the day, Chiang Mai F.C has exploded this year, and it's great for the city and great for like minded falangs to go and enjoy a much loved sport at such cheap prices. I hope that the club grows, more people attend and it puts Chiang Mai on the map for football in Thailand. So to Chaing Mai foxy and anybody else that thinks that he or she is more superior than another in regards to C.M.F.C. We don't care.

If anybody really wants tell me how much more of a fan are, they can contact me in my normal spot. I'm the person that used to fly the Port Vale flag. Head to that direction and you'll spot me. I'm well known.

LOL, thanks. You too! biggrin.gif Well, maybe I'll see you all on the pitch after the game!

Is this true?

Who's got the biggest car, who speaks Thai the best, who's been going to Chiang Mai F.C the longest. Who cares, I don't. I remember my visiting parents telling me that a certain bar owner who is a regular at the games had said to them that my information about the club was wrong. Due to the fact that he has been going to Chiang Mai F.C for years. When my parents questioned that Chiang Mai F.C was only formed this year, they were told that they were wrong. Maybe they were, I don't know for sure, but to my knowledge there were not playing last year, they did not play at the 700 year old stadium, they did not play in blue and they were called Chiang Mai United and there was only a few hundred watching. Most of the time there was only one or two falangs that attended, myself included. I used to drum up a chat with the odd one now and again, but I never saw anybody else that attended regular apart from myself and a couple of friends.

At the end of the day, Chiang Mai F.C has exploded this year, and it's great for the city and great for like minded falangs to go and enjoy a much loved sport at such cheap prices. I hope that the club grows, more people attend and it puts Chiang Mai on the map for football in Thailand. So to Chaing Mai foxy and anybody else that thinks that he or she is more superior than another in regards to C.M.F.C. We don't care.

If anybody really wants tell me how much more of a fan are, they can contact me in my normal spot. I'm the person that used to fly the Port Vale flag. Head to that direction and you'll spot me. I'm well known.

Totally agree :thumbsup: Admittedly I have only been going to the games this season and only home games apart from a couple of away games like last week in Bangkok, I looked online occasionally last season for the results but thats as far as it got for me but as Slinky says Chiang mai FC has exploded this year, the first game I went to this season at Tessabann Stadium there were at most 1000 paying people and a few hundres watching from the fence but now its massive with some great crowds at the 700 year stadium and they have started to advertise everywhere around the city which can only be a good thing for Chiang Mai. I started this topic to try and get a bit of exposure across to ex-pats like myself that had not been before and to hopefully get a few more farang coming to a great evening out. So far its seems that 18 pages on the topic has has the desired effect and alot more farangs seem to be going to the games, a few at least I know because of this thread, but lets not spoil it now by turning it in to a My dads, bigger than your Dad's topic like the rest of the Chiang Mai forum. Here's to the next Season and Hopefully a Premiership place at the end of it. :bow:

Edited by thaimiller

Agree with everything written in response to Chiangmai Foxy. 'Better late than never' would be my attitude to the recent converts. And Mr Foxy's 'I was here first, I've been going for the past two seasons' attitude won't get him very far. Chiang Mai United were formed in 1999 when the old Provincial League was launched. They used to play in pink and have an elephant on their crest instead of a tiger, but it is essentially still the same club. We can only assume ChiangMai Foxy was a "closet plastic fan" from 1999 to 2008.

Edited by koratvinnie

We cheer for Chiang Mai!

I think ThaiMiller should declare his vested interest in this matter...I understand he is a major shareholder in the Club!whistling.gif

We cheer for Chiang Mai!

I think ThaiMiller should declare his vested interest in this matter...I understand he is a major shareholder in the Club!whistling.gif

I heard a little rumour that he is going to be on the Board of Directors next season :o.

Agree with everything written in response to Chiangmai Foxy. 'Better late than never' would be my attitude to the recent converts. And Mr Foxy's 'I was here first, I've been going for the past two seasons' attitude won't get him very far. Chiang Mai United were formed in 1999 when the old Provincial League was launched. They used to play in pink and have an elephant on their crest instead of a tiger, but it is essentially still the same club. We can only assume ChiangMai Foxy was a "closet plastic fan" from 1999 to 2008.

I don't know why this appears in tiny letters. I can't edit it either. ???

Incidentally, for those interested, Chiang Mai finished 11th out of 12 in their first ever season – 99-00. Korat finished one place above them. Pattani were bottom; Sisaket won the division:

Provincial League 1999-2000

1. Sisaket 22 14 5 3 47

2. Suphanburi 22 15 1 6 46

3. Satun 22 13 6 3 45

4. Udon Thani 22 12 2 8 38

5. Nakhon Sawan 22 11 4 7 37

6. Nakhon Pathom 22 8 7 7 31

7. Bangkok 22 6 6 10 24

8. Songkhla 22 6 6 10 24

9. Surat Thani 22 5 8 9 23

10. KORAT 22 5 7 10 22

11. Chiang Mai 22 5 4 13 19

12. Pattani 22 2 4 16 10

Edited by koratvinnie

I do realise that,and im sorry if i was a bit out of order,but it wasnt a drunken rant for no apparant reason(12am!!!!!!)is not late(it is if you are a teacher) as some people do actually live here and do not have to work at all under 35 years of age...I also used to see cm united in pink at the municipal stadium at chiang phuek municipal so im no newbie at all.I was a leeds united fan home and away until i moved here 5 years ago,and luckiy i dont need to work again so i try to go to as many england games as i can away from home,and leeds when i go on holiday.Cmfc is for the people and its undivided passion,i will be there behind the goal to left as you walk in with 50 farang,so come for a beer.Merry xmas

Respect to Korat vinnie,you know more about cmfc than 99% of our fans.

ps on the grapevine mr brett may play a part tommorow,but faces a late fitness test

Must admit its good many 'Farang' are now going.Even my mates who have just started going this season are getting in 'Farang Talk'

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

They used to play in pink and have an elephant on their crest instead of a tiger,

A shame that they done away with the pink shirts :annoyed: i would have loved to seen MrMiller and Cloughy in one :D.

Real men wear Pink Alfie....... :D

Happy Christmas to all the Chiang Mai FC fans both new and old, lets hope its a great day out for the last game of the season :partytime2::drunk::bow:

I do realise that,and im sorry if i was a bit out of order,but it wasnt a drunken rant for no apparant reason(12am!!!!!!)is not late(it is if you are a teacher) as some people do actually live here and do not have to work at all under 35 years of age...I also used to see cm united in pink at the municipal stadium at chiang phuek municipal so im no newbie at all.I was a leeds united fan home and away until i moved here 5 years ago,and luckiy i dont need to work again so i try to go to as many england games as i can away from home,and leeds when i go on holiday.Cmfc is for the people and its undivided passion,i will be there behind the goal to left as you walk in with 50 farang,so come for a beer.Merry xmas

Respect to Korat vinnie,you know more about cmfc than 99% of our fans.

ps on the grapevine mr brett may play a part tommorow,but faces a late fitness test

Must admit its good many 'Farang' are now going.Even my mates who have just started going this season are getting in 'Farang Talk'

Fair play to you chiangmaifoxy. There is nothing better to see, when someone puts their hands up when they are wrong. Have a merry christmas.

Edited by slinky1876

• 2 weeks later...

Changes to the team a plenty at the moment, it looks like the Chairman is trying to get a team together to challenge for the Premier league, some of last seasons players have been released and they have brought in 2 players from Chiang Rai Utd as well as 2 of the Loas national team. The first training session is on the 10th at the Tessabaan stadium.

Changes to the team a plenty at the moment, it looks like the Chairman is trying to get a team together to challenge for the Premier league, some of last seasons players have been released and they have brought in 2 players from Chiang Rai Utd as well as 2 of the Loas national team. The first training session is on the 10th at the Tessabaan stadium.

I liked their wide players - 4 & 6, and 23 was useful too. Have any of them gone?

I went to watch the first training session last night, hardly recognised anyone on the pitch lol. Some players had come from Kon Kaen (forgive the spelling) for trials as well who looked very good. The training consisted of a splitting all the players up and playing against each other. It was at a much faster pace than Chiang Mai normally play at so it looks like there will be some new stars emerging.

There was an African player from Kon Kaen who stood out amongst all of the new faces, very fast and lots of skill and agility when on the ball. from what I saw, they ought to seriously consider taking him on if they hadn't already.

There was also a young French guy who didn't get too much time on the field, I'm told he has played for Colorado in MLS. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not though as it's 2nd hand information.

Not much more I can say at this stage apart from it looks like the squad is getting stronger for next season!!

:header: