Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is an update on fixtures and Play off for Div 1 format from http://www.mhahao.com/board/index.php?topic=3586.0

23. Sunday 1st August - Chiang Mai FC VS Nakornsawan FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

24. Saturday 7th August - Phitsanulok FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Phisanulok stadium 6 p.m.

25. Saturday 14th August - Chainat FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Chainat stadium 5 p.m.

26. Saturday 21st August - Chiang Mai FC VS Phayao FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

27. Sunday 29th - Phetchaboon FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Phetchaboon stadium 4 p.m.

28. Saturday 4th September - Chiang Mai FC VS Utaradit FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

29. Sunday 12th September - Chiang Rai FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Chiang Rai stadium 4 p.m.

30. Saturday 18th September - Chiang Mai FC VS Lampang FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

Twelve teams will consist of the 1st, 2nd and the best two team of the 3rd place of each league.

The 1st group will be:

1st of the Northern region

1st of the Central and Eastern region

2nd of the Southern region

2nd of Northeastern region

2nd of Bangkok Metropolitan region

The best of the 3rd place

Total 6 teams

The 2nd group will be:

2st of the Northern region

2st of the Central and Eastern region

1nd of the Southern region

1nd of Northeastern region

1nd of Bangkok Metropolitan region

The second best of the 3rd place

Total 6 teams

- The league will play home and away matches. The 1st and 2nd of each league will be promoted to Division 1

here is an update on fixtures and Play off for Div 1 format from http://www.mhahao.co...hp?topic=3586.0

23. Sunday 1st August - Chiang Mai FC VS Nakornsawan FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

24. Saturday 7th August - Phitsanulok FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Phisanulok stadium 6 p.m.

25. Saturday 14th August - Chainat FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Chainat stadium 5 p.m.

26. Saturday 21st August - Chiang Mai FC VS Phayao FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

27. Sunday 29th - Phetchaboon FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Phetchaboon stadium 4 p.m.

28. Saturday 4th September - Chiang Mai FC VS Utaradit FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

29. Sunday 12th September - Chiang Rai FC VS Chiang Mai FC @ Chiang Rai stadium 4 p.m.

30. Saturday 18th September - Chiang Mai FC VS Lampang FC @ 700 year stadium 6 p.m.

Twelve teams will consist of the 1st, 2nd and the best two team of the 3rd place of each league.

The 1st group will be:

1st of the Northern region

1st of the Central and Eastern region

2nd of the Southern region

2nd of Northeastern region

2nd of Bangkok Metropolitan region

The best of the 3rd place

Total 6 teams

The 2nd group will be:

2st of the Northern region

2st of the Central and Eastern region

1nd of the Southern region

1nd of Northeastern region

1nd of Bangkok Metropolitan region

The second best of the 3rd place

Total 6 teams

- The league will play home and away matches. The 1st and 2nd of each league will be promoted to Division 1

So that's how the playoffs work! Been scratching my head all week. Thanks Nigbon :jap:

It's a bit of an off-topic, but there is a Sepak Takraw (mix of football and voleyball) President's Cup World Championship going on in Chiang Mai, at 700 years stadium! I saw this amazing game on TV just a couple of times and really liked it a lot!

So, tomorrow is the day of finals startin at 9.00 am.

Here is some info: http://www.takraw.or.th/th/report.htm

For sure going to watch and then stay till the game of Chiang Mai FC :-)

An hard fought 2-1 win for chiang mai against Nakornsawan keeps the play offs looking very good. A disallowed last minute equaliser for Nakornsawan caused a few scenes at the end with the Ref being escourted off the field by the MP's and then getting pelted by water and water bottles from the away fans. Its getting more interesting every week this Thai league :fight:

Edited by thaimiller

An hard fought 2-1 win for chiang mai against Nakornsawan keeps the play offs looking very good. A disallowed last minute equaliser for Nakornsawan caused a few scenes at the end with the Ref being escourted off the field by the MP's and then getting pelted by water and water bottles from the away fans. Its getting more interesting every week this Thai league :fight:

AARGHhhh!

We just moved to CM a few days ago and I wanted to see this game... and OVERSLEPT.

Gonna make the next one for sure.

Missed the game, because i came to the stadium at 10 in the morning after a terrible hangover, and then was trying to watch sepak takraw final games, but it was soooo hot that i was sweating like mad multiplied by hangover send me back home. And then, i had to transport of my own, so i had to walk in the heat from the stadium almost all the way to Huay Kaew Rd (about 1 hour) and there was no car interested to give me a lift!! Wow, what an experience :) Finally arrived home just to forget it all.

Hope you guys had fun!

you missed another good game Netineti.  a good first half from chiang mai and a better second for nakhon sawan. a controversial disallowed goal in the last seconds almost caused a riot from the visiting supporters. great entertainment.

post-47242-028549000 1280728055_thumb.jp

warning: dont taker the kids - they get all the attention from the tigerettes!

post-47242-093723900 1280728304_thumb.jp

Hi All

I found out about CMFC via this thread and took the family yesterday. We had a fun time and I want to say thanks for you guys bringing this to people's attention. Didn't see the Farang Supporters as we were just behind the away supporters' drum ensemble which I quite liked - maybe CM should have its own drum outfit as it added a lot to the atmosphere.

Couldn't see clearly if that Nakhon Sawan guy was actually offside before netting in the final minute as we were at the other end, but CM nearly paid for sitting back too much in the second half.

Still, the standard was actually a bit higher than I was expecting and we'll be looking forward to the next home game - especially since the missus is from Phayao.

Thanks again.

H.

Hi All

I found out about CMFC via this thread and took the family yesterday. We had a fun time and I want to say thanks for you guys bringing this to people's attention. Didn't see the Farang Supporters as we were just behind the away supporters' drum ensemble which I quite liked - maybe CM should have its own drum outfit as it added a lot to the atmosphere.

Couldn't see clearly if that Nakhon Sawan guy was actually offside before netting in the final minute as we were at the other end, but CM nearly paid for sitting back too much in the second half.

Still, the standard was actually a bit higher than I was expecting and we'll be looking forward to the next home game - especially since the missus is from Phayao.

Thanks again.

H.

Glad you enjoyed it H., It was a good crowd again last night, there seemed to be a lot more farang than usual as well which is brilliant. 2 away games now before the next home game on the 21st including the big top of the table game on the 14th against Chainat. Chiang mai should be looking for revenge in that after the home defeat earlier in the season.

I went for the first time too last night and what a great experience it was. How many stadiums have such a glorious mountain backdrop to the pitch?

What a great way to spend early sunday evenings.

Would anyone (from england) agree with me that the level of football was something like a mid-table fourth division team? Say a scunthorpe or stockport? Or am i being to generous towards cmfc?!

Having watched Rotherham United for many years around the lower leagues before moving out here I think your about right with your comment on the standard. I would agree with a top of the table conference/mid to lower 4th division side in England. CMFC have got a lot better as the season has gone on, the best player didn't play yesterday which you could tell by the lack of fire power up front, but a win is a win and it keeps them nicely on top.

Edited by thaimiller

A 1-0 away defeat last night for Chiang Mai against the second placed side Chainat makes it very tight at the top now, Chiang Mai still have a 1 point advantage, should be a good end to the season starting with the home game next saturday at the 700 year stadium against Phayao. 6pm Kick Off.

A 1-0 away defeat last night for Chiang Mai against the second placed side Chainat makes it very tight at the top now, Chiang Mai still have a 1 point advantage, should be a good end to the season starting with the home game next saturday at the 700 year stadium against Phayao. 6pm Kick Off.

Next saturday or sunday?

Thanks for the update, mate.

Will definitely get to the next game on Saturday.

H.

With only 5 games left of the regular season, If chiang Mai get a win today against Phayao and Phicit fail to win then they will have qualified for the play-offs. Phicit are 3rd, 12 points behind with 5 games to go and only the top 2 qualify. Should be a good evening at the 700 year stadium. 6pm kick off, 30thb entrance fee. Free for Kids.

Edited by thaimiller

If your in town go to the Red Lion and theres usually someone with a space in a car. If not then the guys from the bar will order you a tuk-tuk. Not sure about getting back with tuk-tuks, but like I say get to the red lion and you'll get sorted ok. Ive usually got room in the truck, if not theres always the back of the truck if you don't mind sitting in there. I'll be going back into town after the game also.

If your in town go to the Red Lion and theres usually someone with a space in a car. If not then the guys from the bar will order you a tuk-tuk. Not sure about getting back with tuk-tuks, but like I say get to the red lion and you'll get sorted ok. Ive usually got room in the truck, if not theres always the back of the truck if you don't mind sitting in there. I'll be going back into town after the game also.

One of the conditions of getting a lift Dietrich is that you have sit in the back of the truck waving The Cross of St.David at the same time as cuddling Mr Millers 38 kg pit bull :D .

Edited by alfieconn

One of the conditions of getting a lift Dietrich is that you have sit in the back of the truck waving The Cross of St.David at the same time as cuddling Mr Millers 38 kg pit bull :D .

My wife saw this, and now we're taking a cab.

;)

Its a St George Cross Alfie :D:D

Its a St George Cross Alfie :D:D

Have to bare with me Mr Miller brain still not in gear, i was thinking St David didnt sound right :( worst still St David would be Welsh :bah: .

Saturday pm is for horse racing in Chiang Mai. However, what time are the matches and where are they played? I might be able to fit them in before or after the 3:30 from Chiang Mai Downs.

hi loaded

where can i get info on chiangmai horse racing?

Ditto on that......loaded please pm me.

kcore