Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saraburi vs buri ram game finished 1-1, so CMFC have a 2 point cushion at the top,

if saraburi lose at home next saturday (3,30pm kick-off) we could guarantee promotion against phichit ,

But three points on saturday so see us nicely on our way, and a nice drinking day with no worries with a monday hangover

A great result. Lets hope in the early fixture that Rangsit can continue their good form and get a result against Saraburi. Chiang Mai have a tough home game against Phicit, we know how good they are as they beat us once already this season. Like you say Krung it could be a good drinking day with the match (possible promotion) and then the Thaivisa party after. Come on you Tigers!!!!

I've got a guest staying that wants to see the match next weekend. Help me out here please as I've never been but would like to. First off, is the game at the 700 year stadium, what day is the game and what time does it start, and can we get tickets at the stadium? Thanks.

Hi mate, yes the game is at the 700 year stadium on Saturday the 11th. Kick off is 6pm and we play Phichit FC. You can buy tickets outside the ground for 30thb or if your in town you could buy them from the club shop on Chang Klan road(see page 14 post 329 of this thread for directions) from Monday onwards. If you are in town and need a lift to the game a group of us meet at the Red Lion Pub on night bizzaare at 4pm ish and theres always room in one of the cars.

Edited by thaimiller

The saraburi vs buri ram game finished 1-1, so CMFC have a 2 point cushion at the top,

if saraburi lose at home next saturday (3,30pm kick-off) we could guarantee promotion against phichit ,

But three points on saturday so see us nicely on our way, and a nice drinking day with no worries with a monday hangover

A great result. Lets hope in the early fixture that Rangsit can continue their good form and get a result against Saraburi. Chiang Mai have a tough home game against Phicit, we know how good they are as they beat us once already this season. Like you say Krung it could be a good drinking day with the match (possible promotion) and then the Thaivisa party after. Come on you Tigers!!!!

I've got a guest staying that wants to see the match next weekend. Help me out here please as I've never been but would like to. First off, is the game at the 700 year stadium, what day is the game and what time does it start, and can we get tickets at the stadium? Thanks.

Hi mate, yes the game is at the 700 year stadium on Saturday the 11th. Kick off is 6pm and we play Phichit FC. You can buy tickets outside the ground for 30thb or if your in town you could buy them from the club shop on Chang Klan road(see page 14 post 329 of this thread for directions) from Monday onwards. If you are in town and need a lift to the game a group of us meet at the Red Lion Pub on night bizzaare at 4pm ish and theres always room in one of the cars.

One other question- are the tickets for a specific seat, or can you just sit anywhere? And ( OK make that two questions) do you regulars get your seats at the ground or beforehand? (Thinking of cadging a lift from the Red Lion, but wondering how to catch up for a ride back to the Old Belle if not sitting with the group).

you sit where ever you want and if you cadge a lift with me from the Red Lion, Im going to the old bell after so, even if you don't sit with me, you'll know where I parked and I'll wait for you at the end in the car.

Edited by thaimiller

you sit where ever you want and if you cadge a lift with me from the Red Lion, Im going to the old bell after so, even if you don't sit with me, you'll know where I parked and I'll wait for you at the end in the car.

That would be great. Now all we can do is hope for fine weather on the night, and a deluge in Adelaide over the next two days...

That would be great. Now all we can do is hope for fine weather on the night, and a deluge in Adelaide over the next two days...

free lifts from yorkshire folk (leeds myself) dont stretch to deluded aussie cricket fans lol

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

free lifts from yorkshire folk (leeds myself) dont stretch to deluded aussie cricket fans lol

He has stated in a previous thread that his family are all from Rotherham though, so I suppose he qualifies to sit in the back of the truck..lol

He has stated in a previous thread that his family are all from Rotherham though, so I suppose he qualifies to sit in the back of the truck..lol

Don't worry, I'll be checking out this option as soon as I get back...http://auspost.com.au/personal/united-kingdom-british-passports.html.....

Barmy Army, Barmy Army (repeat ad nasuem.)

Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

The last time Mr Miller gave me a lift he left me stranded there with no way home, eventually took me 2 days to walk home and my little feet were red raw i don't mind telling you :o:D.

The last time Mr Miller gave me a lift he left me stranded there with no way home, eventually took me 2 days to walk home and my little feet were red raw i don't mind telling you :o:D.

Typical, do a guy a good deed and get slated for it. Alfie was stood on a corner near the train station trying to pimp himself out for the day when i went past, I asked him if he wanted to go to the match, I paid for his ticket, then he left me and went and sat on his own out of the way of the evil men with drums. He then refused to meet me at the car at the end as i was leaving 10 minutes early, now he says I left him....bloody typical southerners :D:D:D

Typical, do a guy a good deed and get slated for it. Alfie was stood on a corner near the train station trying to pimp himself out for the day when i went past, I asked him if he wanted to go to the match, I paid for his ticket, then he left me and went and sat on his own out of the way of the evil men with drums. He then refused to meet me at the car at the end as i was leaving 10 minutes early, now he says I left him....bloody typical southerners :D:D:D

I'm happy to mind the car keys!biggrin.gif

What a game last night at the 700 year stadium, Chiang Mai 1 - nil up, then Phchit 2 - 1 up, before the final score of 3-2 to Chiang Mai. Saraburi and Buriram both won so with 2 games to go Chiang Mai are on 19 points, Buriram on on 17 points and Saraburi on 16 points, Top 2 go up. So a win for Chiang Mai next week at Rangsit will give them Promotion. Otherwise the last game of the season on Christmas day will be massive with Chiang Mai hosting Saraburi 4pm Kick-Off.

What a game last night at the 700 year stadium, Chiang Mai 1 - nil up, then Phchit 2 - 1 up, before the final score of 3-2 to Chiang Mai. Saraburi and Buriram both won so with 2 games to go Chiang Mai are on 19 points, Buriram on on 17 points and Saraburi on 16 points, Top 2 go up. So a win for Chiang Mai next week at Rangsit will give them Promotion. Otherwise the last game of the season on Christmas day will be massive with Chiang Mai hosting Saraburi 4pm Kick-Off.

Saraburi are only on 15 points and have a significantly worse goal difference thanks to a 5-1 thumping by Buriram. Looking good, but [English Pessimism] it all could go horribly wrong yet. [/English Pessimism]

Saraburi are only on 15 points and have a significantly worse goal difference thanks to a 5-1 thumping by Buriram. Looking good, but [English Pessimism] it all could go horribly wrong yet. [/English Pessimism]

Yes your right sorry about that, im still suffering from the effects of the thai visa party... :D

Yes your right sorry about that, im still suffering from the effects of the thai visa party... :D

A big thanks to Thaimiller and Mr Clough for the lift, company and the crack. Had a great time, and saw a great game (although I gather the special halftime show of fireworks and thousands of hand held candles lighting up a dark stadium in honour of HM the King was not a regular part of the package).

I'll bet most of you feel better than the Chiang Mai tiger mascot this morning!

Your welcome and glad you enjoyed it, let me know about xmas day. Here are the goals and highlights from yesterdays match. It would be great if someone had some photos from the Half Time show and could put them up on here. Heres the only one I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8N-4dBTGA&feature=player_embedded

post-35045-0-34790000-1292135520_thumb.j

Edited by thaimiller

They'll almost certainly use head-to-head to split teams level on points; not goal difference. Unless the head-to-head record is the same, in which case GD will be used.

Edited by koratvinnie

A great result yesterday, there was about 500 of the chiang Mai supporters turned up and you could feel the tension within the supporters, trainers, and players. the referee seemed to be from Buriram with some of the decisions he made, especially the penalty in the last minute to Rangsit. But all in all a great day and a great result. Well done Chiang Mai, should be a great atmosphere next week.

We cheer for Chiang Mai!!!

So, guys, do you meet at Red Lion before the X-mass game? What time?

Would be glad to join!

Hi Netineti, Welcome back, hope your ok. On saturday with it being Christmas Day im not sure if anyone is going to the Red Lion,as im sure Kev will be busy with Christmas lunches. The game starts at 4pm and we'll be there in the usual place, hope to see you there.

Edited by thaimiller