Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

New to Chiang Mai and need a new football team to support. Sounds like the Tigers are having a tough season, maybe I can become a lucky omen! Don't know my way around Chiang Mai yet, but if I get to The Red Lion by 4pm on Saturday will I be able to get a lift to the game?

Hi Matmat, shouldn't be a problem. The Red Lion is in the night bizarre area on the road in between Burgerking and McDonalds about 100 metres down on your left hand side. We usually get there for around 4pm and set off around 5pm to the stadium. Kevin the owner of the pub will be there if we are not in yet and he also goes to games.

Edited by thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see you at the game!

i heard that the best player of the team, number 11, broke his ankle and can not play.

hard times for cmfc if they don't get new(good) players from somewhere.

Yes he has fracture his ankle last week against Customs FC and will be missing for a lot of the remaining games. Lets hope it heals quick as like you say he has been the best player so far this season

A good result and lets hope its the start of a revival. The 2 new strikers looked good together up front and the new goalkeeper looks like he could be what was needed at the back (well at least he can catch a ball). Good to meet Matmat17 and it looks like you turned out to be the lucky omen you promised to be :D

Hi Thaimiller and Chiang Mai footballfriends!

For the first time I went to see a game of Chiangrai United in Chiang Mai.

In vain, because it was the game Sunday two weeks ago against Thai Navy.

It started two hours late and lasted only five minutes. I guess thirty percent

of the field was covered with water. The game was replayed (though it lasted

the full ninety minutes this time) on Monday following and CRUTD won 3 - 0.

See the video below for the greatest disaster of that game.

I met two nice expats (!) at the game and the first question I asked was if

one of them might be Thaimiller. Which they denied :lol:

The schedule for August of Chiangrai United:

The home games of Chiangrai United are played at the 700 Anniversary Stadium

of Chiang Mai start at 6 PM. Home matches this month: today, coming Wednesday

the 17th and the 28th.

Thai Premier League

Today, Saturday 13, Crutd (11th position) plays in the Premier League against

Sriracha FC which is now in 15th position and 8 points behind Crutd.

The second Premier League game this month will take place Sunday 21 against

Sisaket Fc, that now holds the 6st position and is 3 points ahead of Crutd.

Toyota Cup

If Crutd wins the total of the two games against Thai Port (to be played the

Wednesdays 17 and 24 of this month, they will be among the last four of the Toyota Cup.

Thai Port is in the Premier League only 1 point ahead of us. They lost their last

two games and Chiangrai won its last two games. Positive outlook thus.

If Crutd manages to win the next opponent, in the semi-finals then, will be the cumulative

winner of the two games that Phuket and Pattalung play against each other. Phuket is

number 9 in the 1st Division and Pattalung is number 3 in the 2nd Division Region South.

So the way to the final lays so far relatively wide open (winner 5 m and runner-up 2 m).

Thaicom FA Cup

Sunday 28 Crutd will play against Chainat Fc in the (Thai-com) FA Cup. Chainat is now

holding the 3rd position in the 1st Division.

If Crutd wins this game, they are among the last eight and will play next in the quarterfinal

of the FA Cup. Only one game will decide which team goes that far.

===

Six games in a month, the first of those Crutd won last week 4 - 1 of SCG Samut Songkhram.

This month history can be written for the third year in succession!

Please correct me if I got something wrong :whistling:

Limbo :yohan:

post-6305-0-48754200-1313200065_thumb.jp

Chiangrai United got for the first time attention in the international press,

sad enough because of this incident in the game against Rainavy (formerly Royal

Thai Navy, now officially Siam Navy).

The victim is Chiangrai striker Edvaldo Pereira, the Brasilian, who in 1999 became

Swiss champion with St. Gallen en thus played two European Cup games.

The goalkeeper of Thai Navy got a punishment of three games and 24.000 Baht.

The argument for this extremely low punishment was officially that Edvaldo

had started the conflict :o

Hi folks

Apologies for not putting in an appearance yet at the Stadium although I've been back in CM for nearly 2 weeks. An unscheduled overnight stop in the ICU of Bumrungrad a couple of weeks ago and a subsequent slow recovery has had me on the unfit list for a while. Might be tempted to get out on Wednesday though -although alcohol and caffeine still on the banned list :(

Let me know if there's a quorum of TV contributors going- as I'm staying at Kantary (and have to give the pre-match pint a miss) we could meet up outside the ground.

Just noticed on the website that kickoff for this Saturday's game is now 7pm, not 6pm..

Yes mate that's correct, its down to fact that we are playing Buriram and they are expecting a big crowd. Last year 25,000 attendance for the same game. There's also a few rumours going round that the new Prime Minister YingLuck will attend the game, but no Idea if this is true or not.

Just noticed on the website that kickoff for this Saturday's game is now 7pm, not 6pm..

Yes mate that's correct, its down to fact that we are playing Buriram and they are expecting a big crowd. Last year 25,000 attendance for the same game. There's also a few rumours going round that the new Prime Minister YingLuck will attend the game, but no Idea if this is true or not.

Still meeting at the Red Lion tomorrow, and if so what time?

Still meeting at the Red Lion tomorrow, and if so what time?

Yes mate, I will be there around 4pm. Will be good to see you again.

in my opinion it's much better that the game is on saturday 19:00, instead of sundays 18:00.

but arsenal - liverpool is on same time, i guess some people choose that instead.

anyways, go cmfc and see you at the game!

I cant see the game being off as there has been games played when much more volume of water has fallen. The Red Lion is showing the Arsenal Vs Liverpool game on the big screens and I think Kevin the owner is giving the Chiang Mai game a miss through it as he wants to watch Liverpool.

What's the chances of the game being washed out tonight- and how would it be publicised?

And for Plan B- which would be a good bar to watch Arsenal v Liverpool?

Apparently ctrunfree, they're asking people to bring there wellies (wellington boots) so they can help clear the water from the pitch :o

Edited by alfieconn

Good game tonight, 2-2 which was probably a fair result in the end. I expected a lot more from Buriram as they are top of the league but it seems for once The Tigers had done their homework.

All in all a very good result for Chiang Mai.

...but if it comes to "noise making",Buriram fans won big!...come on CM,you can do it(at least "at home")!!;)

True enough. consider the last match we played them it was the same. buriram did however pay the fans to come, give them shirts and free transport. I don't know if that was the case this time as well but it wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with the enthusiasm of the crowd.

Great night, and good to catch up with you chaps again (and thanks for the lift, Thaimiller and Kev).

I'd be interested to know if any of the local press reporters were as amazed as I was that the CM goalie didn't get an early shower for his bizarre behaviour..

Also good to see the CM President grab the hoon who chucked the container full of ice at the ref!

nice game. except that really sucked that all the food etc stalls weren't where they suppose to be.

why was it like that? many rally cars or similar vehicles parked there?

what is that happening and when it is?

nice game. except that really sucked that all the food etc stalls weren't where they suppose to be.

why was it like that? many rally cars or similar vehicles parked there?

what is that happening and when it is?

It was the Toyota race series and it was happening as you wrote your reply.

It was on last year but didn't interfere with the fixtures for the football last year.

There is a separate thread for it on this forum.

Honda will also be doing the same thing at some point, although I can't really remember if that's already been here this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Chiang Mai FC are at home today at the 700 year stadium against last years Division 2 runners up behind Chiang Mai, Chianat FC. Chianat are having a much better time of it this year though with them being in the top 3 and Chiang Mai in the bottom 3. The game starts at 6pm and as usual there are food and drink stalls outside before the game. Ticket prices range between 30-80thb and can be purchased outside the main entrance to the stadium. If you in town and would like a drink and a lift to the game, a group of us meet in The Red Lion pub on night bizarre.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, theres a game on tomorrow at 6pm against Bangkok? Might go along with the gf for the game, do they run a bus from the Red Lion or is it just people offering rides on the back of their bikes? How much is a tuk tuk/taxi out that far and what time should i leave to get their for kick off considering traffic, 20 mins before kick off?

Hi,

Usually there is enough space in someones car to squeeze you in from the Red Lion, if not a Tuk Tuk can be arranged, not sure on how much as we have always found space. We usually leave The Red Lion about 5pm-5:15pm to the ground. We will be in there from 4pm. hope to see you.