Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

I think it would be good to keep this going as long as we can all add up to date information.

for the newbies, it's easy just to go to the last post and work backwards until you find what your looking for.

Unlike most things here on Thaivisa I think the majority on here would only be too happy to answer a question to newbies even if it's already been covered. Probably only gonna be something like when's the next game? or Is there any chance of a lift? etc

Nothing really annoying like where's the best cheeseburger? like some threads which get repeated over and over lol. :header:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get a cheeseburger at the ground? If so which is the best stall to get it from? Can you also get a carhire to the stall to get to the best burger? :D

Now's there's an idea :( hot dog / burger stall for us farangs :rolleyes:

PS. I'm not sure if i'm joking or serious ;)

After something that Krung mentioned Ive just been to the club shop to ask about Season tickets for the coming season. They are available from around the 3rd of Febuary and are priced at 1200thb, this includes admission to all games (home and away), 1 VIP Car/Motorbike parking sticker for 700 year stadium, 15 % off anything purchased in the club shop and a scarf. not bad value in my opinion.

I also asked about the game at Lamphun on sunday as I was told by the guys at 700 year stadium that the kick off had been changed to 5pm, It has definatley been confirmed now that the kick off is still 2pm and there will be a party after at 5pm to celebrate something to do with Lamphun FC.

The address in thai for anyone going who like myself will get lost and have to ask for directions are as follows:

สนามกีฬากลางองค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดลำพูล

Edited by thaimiller

Any interest in going to Lamphun as a group on Sunday? Meet up beforehand, then head down?

Theres room for one more in my car if you want to come down with me and the two nice gentlemen from the game on sunday. Pm me if your interested and i'll let you know the details etc

Edited by thaimiller

Can you get a cheeseburger at the ground? If so which is the best stall to get it from? Can you also get a carhire to the stall to get to the best burger? :D

Now's there's an idea :( hot dog / burger stall for us farangs :rolleyes:

PS. I'm not sure if i'm joking or serious ;)

Do you think we can charge 3 quid a hit like the PL grounds? (Onions and mustard extra of course)

Any interest in going to Lamphun as a group on Sunday? Meet up beforehand, then head down?

Theres room for one more in my car if you want to come down with me and the two nice gentlemen from the game on sunday. Pm me if your interested and i'll let you know the details etc

Hi Sadie for get this for the time being as I have just been told by the supporters club that the kick off is now 5pm for the main game with a few other games involving farangs and supporters, VIPs etc from 2pm. Going to try and clear it up and get a definate time other wise I'll not be going.

a bit to what thaimiller added about season tickets got this from the mhahao page.

According to http://www.mhahao.co...p?topic=9283.0, CMFC has already ruled the regulation for the ticket in season 2011.

stadium.jpg

Please be informed that there will be 2 prices of the seats under the roof.

1. 80 baht, in the blue square, it will be for VIP card holders and also for other fans if the capacity is not full.

2. 60 baht. in the orange square, it will be for everyone.

What will you get if you are the VIP card holder.

1. You will be able to watch the 17 home games (17 * 80 = 1360 baht), but it will not include the FA Cup and Toyota Cup.

2. New! CMFC Scarf (299 baht)

3. Sticker (small, 10 baht)

4. Sticker (big, 20 baht)

5. Sticker for VIP parking zone

6. Matchday (10 books * 17 matches = 170 baht)

p.s. The ex-member can renew to be the new member at 1000 baht, but you will not get the new CMFC scarf.

=============================================

Unroofed seat (mhahao's seats) will cost 40 baht. The entrance will be gate 1 or 2, but you have to buy the ticket at the front of the stadium.

Seats at the back of the goalpost will cost 30 baht. The entrance will be at the back of the goalpost, but you have to buy the ticket at the front of the stadium.

CMFC's Member

The member will be the first choice to go with the club on the away game. All fans as well as the member will be charged for 30% for transportation in every away games.

cheers,

Edited by krung

Hi Richard,

:o:o:o

His name is thaimiller :D

Sigh. Yes, of course. I only did that because I've seen others on here use the "R" word. I wasn't sure how to phrase the username exactly, but I guess I've seen "Mr. Miller" used before, and henceforth I will make it so. I do apologize for any forum etiquette I may (or even may not) have breached.

And of course everyone knows my name is not really Sadie (Sadie's the good-lookin' beagle in the picture)...on here you may call me "M" biggrin.gif

Here are the first few fixtures for the new season, sorry if my translation is not spot as Im just going on what the Mrs tells me on but you get the general idea.....

12 Feb Away 18:00pm

Thai Honda Vs Chiang Mai

27 Feb Home 18:00pm

Chiang Mai Vs Samut Phragaan

13 Mar Away 18:00pm

Saraburi Vs Chiang Mai

20 Mar Home 18:00pm

Chiang Mai Vs Chanthaburi

27 Mar Away 18:00pm

Buriram Vs Chiang Mai

There are some more (well probably all) fixtures out but im waiting to get em translated.

adding on from my last post here are the fixtures for the first half of the season:

12th Feb

18.00 Thai-Honda VS CMFC

27th Feb

18.00 CMFC VS Samutprakram Thai Summit

13th March

18.00 Saraburi VS Chiang Mai

20th March

18.00 CMFC VS Chantaburi Cash Today

27th March

18.00 Burirum FC VS CMFC

3rd April

18.00 CMFC VS Airforce United

6th April

18.00 Chianat VS CMFC

10th April

18.00 CMFC VS Supanburi

24th April

18.00 Phuket VS Chiang Mai

30th April

18.00 CMFC VS BBCU FC

8th May

18.00 Rasit University VS CMFC

14th May

18.00 CMFC VS Rbac

22nd May

18.00 Bangkok United VS CMFC

28th May

18.00 CMFC VS SongKhla

1st June

18.00 PTT Rayon VS CMFC

4th June

18.00 CMFC VS Rachapracha

12th June

18.00 CMFC VS Bangkok FC

Due to all the mix ups with times of Kick offs etc this week. A few of us went to see the Chairman of Chiang Mai FC and asked if it was ok to make an English language website with all the latest developments etc. We were given an official go ahead by the Chairman and this is what we have come up with so far, Chiang Mai F.C English Website Its still a work in progress and a bit basic so far, but we have been promised daily updates from within the club and also any news that is official we will be given directly from the club. This may help us all in the future with game news, fixtures etc.

Edited by thaimiller

Not at all Mr. Miller, just thought it was a bit cheeky / bad translation from the club to include an article in their programme putting farrang supporters in such light. One of my mates had his picture included in this article of him buying a load of Leo beer outside the stadium!

Great effort on the website btw, next season gonna be interesting. Would be good to see a few more away followings similar to the Buriram game last season to crank up the atmosphere!

Due to all the mix ups with times of Kick offs etc this week. A few of us went to see the Chairman of Chiang Mai FC and asked if it was ok to make an English language website with all the latest developments etc. We were given an official go ahead by the Chairman and this is what we have come up with so far, Chiang Mai F.C English Website Its still a work in progress and a bit basic so far, but we have been promised daily updates from within the club and also any news that is official we will be given directly from the club. This may help us all in the future with game news, fixtures etc.

Bravo, Mr. Miller and crew! clap2.gif I applaud your initiative.

Can't wait for the new season to start...less than a month till the first home game! biggrin.gif

Bravo, Mr. Miller and crew! clap2.gif I applaud your initiative.

Can't wait for the new season to start...less than a month till the first home game! biggrin.gif

Bravo indeed, unfortunately i missed the back end of the season due to having to go back to the UK to do some work.....but looking forward to the new season.:bow:

Good work thaimiller & co, think it is long over due, and hope more can get involved through it.

Not sure about the hooligan thing, have seen a set of young thai supporters wearing tops of chiang mai hooligans(seem a bit of a punk crew, hardly a firm), but there is a lot of fighting that goes on in the thai league, but all has been quiet at CMFC. The only problem is maybe the language many of us use when watching football, some might takes our support the wrong way if they listen closely to us, but in general haven't seen any issues. Maybe boozed will be banned this season.

In regards to the weblink for news in english about CMFC, we have a friend who knows a bit about web design so he's updating the site for a few days but it will be back soon. But any updated news we get I'll put it on here.

• 2 weeks later...

The new season tickets are available now from the 700 year stadium. As discussed before 1200thb with a few things like scarfs thrown in. The season starts on saturday and we should have live scores from the away game in Bangkok coming up on our site. :header:

3-1 away defeat to Thai Honda fc, not the best start to the new season but might take a while for all the new player to gel.

No game next week, not sure if it is to do with the religious holiday on friday. So have to wait until 27th against samut prakan (also lost today at home)