Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours are that Chiang Mai FC and Rene Desaeyere have parted company by Mutual Consent. Go to Our Website for details

Desaeyere is going to Suphanburi.

Great new English language website about Chiang Mai Fc!

My compliments to Thaimiller and friends!

Chiang Mai Fc seems to have growing pains. I bet that things will get better and this

even sooner than one might expect. Mistakes are part of a learning process; trial and

error brings the club together and thus further on a longer term.

That concerns not only the team with its coaches, but also the management of course.

Good management is one thing, good coaching another. These two levels shouldn't interfere

too much with each other. Anyhow: Chiang Mai Fc has a great potential and at the end of

the race this will without any doubt manifest itself.

Only three clubs managed it in the history of Thai football: Sisaket, Muang Thong and

Chiangrai United! They managed to get promoted twice in a row. They managed to

reach the Thai Premier League in two succesive years, starting from the bottom!

It seems one bridge too far for Chiang Mai Fc to repeat that dashing exploit this year.

Don't forget that Chiangrai United was holding the ninth position in the first division

after the first leg last year! In the second leg we managed to climb to the third and

got promoted. Keep up the spirit! Everything is possible, but it is not only about winning,

Last week Chiang Mai Fc climbed out of the relegation zone by its win away of Rangsit.

Today it will hopefully move another three points upwards again and start tailing the

middle bracket. RBAC should go down the pocket if Chiang Mai Fc stays concentrated.

This season is by far not over yet!

Chiang Mai Fc susu, susu, susu!

Limbo :yohan:

PS: Chiangrai United managed last week to score again. After several unlucky games

the machinery worked again and resulted in a nice 3 - 1 win over Pattaya United.

Today we will play at home against last years Thai premier League champion Muang Thong,

the old club of Rene Desayeres. It won't be easy ...

Just 10 minutes of CRUtd's last weeks game against Pattaya United:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfCBDsJeFM&feature=player_embedded

Especially for those among you who sometimes want to see a real Thai Premier League

game not too far from Chiang Mai (Chiang Rai is only about two hundred kilometers)

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-59791200-1305112379_thumb.jp

Also Chiangrai United has now an English language website. We followed the

example of Thaimiller's Chiang Mai Fan'zine! Have patience, because we are

still in the process of setting it up.

You will find us at :

http://chiangraiunited.webs.com/

We are very lucky that BGman (the English mascotte of Bangkok Glass) will cover

the CRUtd games in the Bangkok area. Last Saturday he was present in Chiang Rai though

when CRUtd showed itself to be stronger than last years Thai premier League Champion

Muang Thong United. It was a brilliant game, a spectacular event from the first untill

the rather remarcable last whistle.

Coming weekend will be difficult for him (nok song hua!):

Bangkok Glass versus Chiangrai United 555!

I feel very sadly about Chiang Mai not being able to take the points in the game

against Rattana Bundit. Did all your good players go to Lamphun?

Our website manager, Bangkok Glass Bunny man :

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-10633600-1305112210_thumb.jp

Uppdate: I just got the message that he will sit among the Chiangrai United fans

during the second half and this in his BG Bunny outfit! He will write history, this

great son of Albion!

Edited by Limbo

Hi Limbo, I'll take you up on the offer one of these days and come and see a game. Im off to BKK this week to watch Bangkok Utd Vs Chiang Mai on sunday, but Im also going to watch Muang Tong Utd against BEC Tero on the saturday, my first premiership game so looking forward to that. We have added a link from our wesite to your also. :jap:

Hi Limbo, I'll take you up on the offer one of these days and come and see a game. Im off to BKK this week to watch Bangkok Utd Vs Chiang Mai on sunday, but Im also going to watch Muang Tong Utd against BEC Tero on the saturday, my first premiership game so looking forward to that. We have added a link from our wesite to your also. :jap:

Thanks dear Thaimiller!

Your excellent Chiang Mai Fc website http://www.chiangmaifootballclub.com/ is also

added as a link on our not yet so excellent website http://chiangraiunited.webs.com/

As you without doubt already know: last Saturday Chiangrai United showed itself to be stronger

than last year's national champion Muang Thong United. In all honesty I have to add that this

certainly was the case during the first half. The second half that took not less than 52 painfull

long minutes was another story. Not to talk about the last seconds when the ball finally found the

net behind our goalkeeper. A handsball preceded the shot, so it remained 1 - 0.

Last Sunday I visited Nan FC versus Kamphaengphet FC and a miraculous thing happened:

Cheered by a select group of ten foreigners of four different nationalities Nan City FC

managed to harvest its second point in ten games (0 - 0). We should go there more often ...

Chiangrai United will visit CRAndy's Bangkok Glass this weekend. It will not be easy but

also not impossible to score there. After the debacle against Rattana Bundit I only can hope

the best for Chiangmai FC against Bangkok FC. It will not be easy, that's for sure!

Good luck Chiangmai FC, susu, susu, susu!

This thread has always been a handy reminder of whats on where and when. I did pop over there before that post but there was no obvious schedule link, hence the post. But for non-avid fans like myself, good to have reminders over here anyway.

i really enjoy going to the games, but now there are these annoying rules that you can not bring bottles or cans etc. inside.

i used to have the perfect set of small sangsom, 0.5ltr coke and lipovitan. which was great.

now obviously because of audience throwing stuff in to the field couple of games ago, i have to figure out something plastic container big enough to fit everything there.

hopefully it's still allowed to bring your own bucket inside.

lyrics for the cmfc songs they keep on singing would be useful also.

and does cmfc have an office in the city somewhere? where i could buy stickers, shirts and other stuff?

i really enjoy going to the games, but now there are these annoying rules that you can not bring bottles or cans etc. inside.

i used to have the perfect set of small sangsom, 0.5ltr coke and lipovitan. which was great.

now obviously because of audience throwing stuff in to the field couple of games ago, i have to figure out something plastic container big enough to fit everything there.

hopefully it's still allowed to bring your own bucket inside.

lyrics for the cmfc songs they keep on singing would be useful also.

and does cmfc have an office in the city somewhere? where i could buy stickers, shirts and other stuff?

There is a club shop on the Soi at the side of Ayudhya on Chan Klan Road. It's at the bottom of the Soi on the left.

I have to agree it's a shame about the bottles and things but the fans are to blame for that in all fairness.

In Phuket they let you take your bottle in but you have to throw the top away, you can take a full unopened Leo in though ...... Thai logic?????

I know it's way to early to speculate on this, but I really hope they don't go down.

For one thing, when this happens in the UK, fans often make their displeasure with managers and chairmen known in no uncertain terms. Doing the same thing here could lead to multiple lawsuits for defamation. I can picture farang fans with protest banners being gently led away from the stands having had their names and addresses taken.....

Would be interesting, but still I'd rather not see it ;)

I know it's way to early to speculate on this, but I really hope they don't go down.

For one thing, when this happens in the UK, fans often make their displeasure with managers and chairmen known in no uncertain terms. Doing the same thing here could lead to multiple lawsuits for defamation. I can picture farang fans with protest banners being gently led away from the stands having had their names and addresses taken.....

I would never protest against the Chairman, anyman that has 4 generations of real Tigers in his garden is a man to keep on the correct side off :wai:

I would never protest against the Chairman, anyman that has 4 generations of real Tigers in his garden is a man to keep on the correct side off :wai:

Certainly a sight to be seen when he takes them all for a walk :o

Any comment on the rumored anti-foreign players/manager than is suppose to be in the club. Have heard this from a couple of people Thai & non-Thai. Looks bad and could say something for our place in the league if the team are fighting among themselves. Would like to add this is not a problems standing on the stands.

I believe a couple of very decent farang players went for a trial yesterday and judging by their facebook pages it didn't go well. 1 of the players I have heard from many people is a very talented player who loves Chiang Mai and wanted to play for not a great deal of money if any. I hope that it can be resolved as we will not stop in this division with just the Thai players of the club playing each match. I also agree in the stands the foriegn supporters are treat very well and very much welcomed by all the Thai's from the Chairman down.

I believe a couple of very decent farang players went for a trial yesterday and judging by their facebook pages it didn't go well. 1 of the players I have heard from many people is a very talented player who loves Chiang Mai and wanted to play for not a great deal of money if any. I hope that it can be resolved as we will not stop in this division with just the Thai players of the club playing each match. I also agree in the stands the foriegn supporters are treat very well and very much welcomed by all the Thai's from the Chairman down.

Yes two farang players went 2 days ago and didnt get a chance to show what they could do. They are both great players and there is also a young Thai guy going who is probably just as good: scores goals for fun. They were told to come back today though so hopefully they will get a chance to show what they can do and help the team.

Yes two farang players went 2 days ago and didnt get a chance to show what they could do. They are both great players and there is also a young Thai guy going who is probably just as good: scores goals for fun. They were told to come back today though so hopefully they will get a chance to show what they can do and help the team.

Good Luck with Your Trial today the CMexpat1 :D

i have 4 days worth of empty Tigers on my terrace alone ! not even metioning the Changs !

Have i miss read something? see you Saturday ! enjoy the weekend ! come on you Shrews !

Too much money and not enough sense!!!

Followed you for 4 years, as Chiang Mai United and then last year as Chiang Mai F.C. but I can see, that the wrong people have become the know it alls of football.

Shame, massive shame.

I'll still follow you, but get the shit out of the club!!!

Money is power. But money doesn't give you knowledge!

I stand corrected!

I know nothing about football. Chiang Mai are doing fantastic this year!

Note to TVers. If you know <deleted> all, don't post <deleted> all!!!

Too much money and not enough sense!!!

Followed you for 4 years, as Chiang Mai United and then last year as Chiang Mai F.C. but I can see, that the wrong people have become the know it alls of football.

Shame, massive shame.

I'll still follow you, but get the shit out of the club!!!

Money is power. But money doesn't give you knowledge!

I stand corrected!

I know nothing about football. Chiang Mai are doing fantastic this year!

Note to TVers. If you know <deleted> all, don't post <deleted> all!!!

As an open forum, people can post what they like. That is the idea. Agreeing with it or not is purely a matter of opinion.

This thread is generally about passing information etc about football not flaming other TV members with a "holier than thau" attitude. It is only a game at the end of the day and probably not anyones first team.