Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

Honestly, I felt like CMFC played better in the beginning of this season than they are now. It's really disappointing to see. Am I just imagining this, or were they actually better earlier on this year? Maybe I'm just thinking of the friendlies. If they were less stressed out when playing the friendlies, and they played better, then this tells me that they need to relax during the games that actually count. I have high hopes that they will relax as they get more used to playing with each other, and in the new division.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said mine was perfect. You seemed to make an issue out of it, not me.

Lets leave it at that then. This is a football thread and all posts should be directed that way.

Unless it benefits the Team.

Seems like you are back tracking slinky :o you was the first person to make an issue of bad grammar and if you hadn't we wouldn't be discussing it now ;).

Honestly, I felt like CMFC played better in the beginning of this season than they are now. It's really disappointing to see. Am I just imagining this, or were they actually better earlier on this year? Maybe I'm just thinking of the friendlies. If they were less stressed out when playing the friendlies, and they played better, then this tells me that they need to relax during the games that actually count. I have high hopes that they will relax as they get more used to playing with each other, and in the new division.

A lot of people don't realise how it important it is for players to be relaxed and that being tense can make a good player look bad( poor first touch, passes going astray etc).

My nephew use to play for Arsenal and Spurs academies and the one thing the coaches were continually shouting at the players to do was "relax".

Perhaps a few posters on TV need to learn to do this as well :o:D

I will give my two cents worth. Wasn't in chiang mai for the last home game so can't comment on it did go to the samut prakan game That game the first half was shocking but the second half they controlled it.

Thai divison 1 is a big step up from regional north league, where there are only 2/3 decent teams chainat spring to mind, who have had a good start to their season. We dominated the league but most of the teams were a joke. Even look at the play off league we were luckly to go though, the away win in buri ram sealed it for us Did stuggle against decent opposition e.g saraburi, the same this season. I think this is why there has been such a big change of squad, i beleive only one of our player got into the TPL with TMM Phichit and some went to lamphun wariors (a sister club) an there seems to be big changes to all squads from a pool of players thai/non-thai from the previous season.

The season ahead think will be more of the same, as this one so far, but the league will be very close bit like the lower leagues in england & chiang mai are a team many will want to beat. Still think we have a good chance of promotion/play-offs and think the powers that be want CMFC in the TPL (which in thailand may result in many favourable decisions). A lot of money has been spent on CMFC this season and think Newin in Buri Ram has set a bit of a bad example for chairmen having too much control over the teams, if you watch any buri ram PEA/FC he tells the manager what to do. But don't think our manager would stand for that.

The new websites are good and lets be honest we are talking about Thai Division 1 football so not much eally happens apart from match day, could get photos of the players leaving spotlight with a few comments. There is an english section on mhahao.com and fans will answer your questions and most seem very knowledgeable about all areas of thai football.

Cheers and bring on buri ram

I agree with what your saying Krung. It will be a big money spinner for Chiang Mai to be in the Thai Premier League. Thailand's second city, im sure there's going to be alot of wealthy support for it's success. They have the supporters, the Stadium, the Manager, hopefully the players (eventually) or at-least the manager gets what he's got right now organised before its too late. Ive bought the tops, scarfs and will be supporting CMFC at all their home games, its my wee contribution to help them on their way to success.

Nice one on the English Version website, there's enough info there for me to get on with without all the translating malarky on the Thai one. You have my full support for the future. thumbsup.gif

I will give my two cents worth. Wasn't in chiang mai for the last home game so can't comment on it did go to the samut prakan game That game the first half was shocking but the second half they controlled it.

Thai divison 1 is a big step up from regional north league, where there are only 2/3 decent teams chainat spring to mind, who have had a good start to their season. We dominated the league but most of the teams were a joke. Even look at the play off league we were luckly to go though, the away win in buri ram sealed it for us Did stuggle against decent opposition e.g saraburi, the same this season. I think this is why there has been such a big change of squad, i beleive only one of our player got into the TPL with TMM Phichit and some went to lamphun wariors (a sister club) an there seems to be big changes to all squads from a pool of players thai/non-thai from the previous season.

The season ahead think will be more of the same, as this one so far, but the league will be very close bit like the lower leagues in england & chiang mai are a team many will want to beat. Still think we have a good chance of promotion/play-offs and think the powers that be want CMFC in the TPL (which in thailand may result in many favourable decisions). A lot of money has been spent on CMFC this season and think Newin in Buri Ram has set a bit of a bad example for chairmen having too much control over the teams, if you watch any buri ram PEA/FC he tells the manager what to do. But don't think our manager would stand for that.

The new websites are good and lets be honest we are talking about Thai Division 1 football so not much eally happens apart from match day, could get photos of the players leaving spotlight with a few comments. There is an english section on mhahao.com and fans will answer your questions and most seem very knowledgeable about all areas of thai football.

Cheers and bring on buri ram

I agree with what your saying Krung. It will be a big money spinner for Chiang Mai to be in the Thai Premier League. Thailand's second city, im sure there's going to be alot of wealthy support for it's success. They have the supporters, the Stadium, the Manager, hopefully the players (eventually) or at-least the manager gets what he's got right now organised before its too late. Ive bought the tops, scarfs and will be supporting CMFC at all their home games, its my wee contribution to help them on their way to success.

Nice one on the English Version website, there's enough info there for me to get on with without all the translating malarky on the Thai one. You have my full support for the future. thumbsup.gif

Cheers Tingtong, Its still a work in progress but we'll try and get more info on there as we go along :thumbsup::wai:

Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm thankful to Lee and Richard for the opportunity to post on the fanzine (even though I hardly post at all!). Yes, one thing I want to do is interview the players so we can start to learn more about our new team. As soon as I figure out who to talk to in the team office!

Seems like you are back tracking slinky :o you was the first person to make an issue of bad grammar and if you hadn't we wouldn't be discussing it now ;).

I've already stated my cause and it's been left at that.

Constructive criticism is the best way to criticise. I thought I did that without coming across too harsh.

I am sure that those comments can help the guys develop the site into something fantastic.

Marketing is a clever business!

How about setting up a forum on the new site.

Setting up a forum is something we considered for about two minutes.

The reasons againt it far outway the benefit it would bring.

If you consider the job the moderators have on this forum and how many there are, then consider that there are only four people behind the scenes on our site then I'm sure yo can understand.

If you own the site, you are responsible for the content on there.

Anyone putting liable or slanderous comments on, the owner is responsible as the content is on their site, not the annonymous poster.

To cut a long story short, it's not worth the hassle it would cause and as all involved in the site are business owners are employed full time there is not the time to offer such service.

cheers!

:header:

We were totally against a forum as we can't monitor it full time, and if someone says anything out of place regarding The Royal Family etc then we are in the sh1t through no faults of our own. Also you get people being really petty and ripping apart spelling mistakes and grammar instead of being thankful that weve taken time to do an English website :D Only Joking Slinky and Thanks for your email. :jap:

We were totally against a forum as we can't monitor it full time, and if someone says anything out of place regarding The Royal Family etc then we are in the sh1t through no faults of our own. Also you get people being really petty and ripping apart spelling mistakes and grammar instead of being thankful that weve taken time to do an English website :D Only Joking Slinky and Thanks for your email. :jap:

How sad that people complain about the English writing on your website, its free and informative, I think this guy would have some trouble ordering food off a Thai menu, if it wasn't translated to Engish (ooops)

Meet sarad fied lice .....was a classic in Lao !

Kevin

Guys whereabouts do they play now, I noticed that a new stadium looks like it was being built...

Any ideas when the next match is and how much it is to watch... never been but would be good fun to go along

Hi mate, the next home game is the 2nd of April at the 700 year stadium, this is there home ground. Check out this website for all the info on prices etc in English. A group of us meet 2 hours before the game at the Red Lion on Night Bizzare if you fancy a few beers and a lift to the grund and back can easily be arranged.

Edited by thaimiller

Anyone that wants a cheap but entertaining evening out, Chiang Mai FC play Air Force Utd Fc at the 700 year stadium this evening in Thai Division 1. Kick Off 6pm. Entrance fee between 30 to 80thb per person. Hope to see you there.

Anyone that wants a cheap but entertaining evening out, Chiang Mai FC play Air Force Utd Fc at the 700 year stadium this evening in Thai Division 1. Kick Off 6pm. Entrance fee between 30 to 80thb per person. Hope to see you there.

Hey thanks for the reminder I thought it was tomorrow evening. Why Sat then Sun then Sat......?

Guys whereabouts do they play now, I noticed that a new stadium looks like it was being built...

Any ideas when the next match is and how much it is to watch... never been but would be good fun to go along

Hi mate, the next home game is the 2nd of April at the 700 year stadium, this is there home ground. Check out this website for all the info on prices etc in English. A group of us meet 2 hours before the game at the Red Lion on Night Bizzare if you fancy a few beers and a lift to the grund and back can easily be arranged.

Thanks mate just read your post, perhaps next game Ill be able to make it down there.

Thanks mate just read your post, perhaps next game Ill be able to make it down there.

Next game is in a week mate on the Sunday. We'll be meeting pre-match as we usually do so you're more than welcome to come and join us.

I had to leave early last night, was still 1-1 well after the coach got sin-binned... any late goals??

It ended 1-1 with both teams down to 10 men on the field. Very strange game, the Ref appeared to start the game and keep it flowing then just went into card rage :yellowcard::redcard1: in the second half. I think he even tried sending the tiger to the stands at one point lol :redcard2:

For anyone interested in tomorrows game, it is to be shown live on DTV channell 50.

As far as I know this is NOT a UBC service, it's not on my package anyway.

Kickoff is at 18:00.

:bow:

If anyone else is interested in watching this game, Thaimiller has aquired a DTV box for the evening so we're gonna pop down to the Red Lion and plug it in to watch it there.

Would be nice to see a few fellow CMFC fans later on.

Not a good result for Chiang Mai with a 3 -1 loss to Chainat this evening.

was a very good turn out for the game though, lots of Thai's too which made it all the better.

Next game is Sunday at 700 year stadium. 6pm kickoff.

Disgraceful scenes at the end of the game tonight. I had to go further up the back of the stand with my daughter in fear of getting hit with a bottle or beer can, and it wasn't just certain areas, there were missiles flying from all areas of the main stand, absolutely shocking. The result of some questionable refereeing decisions, but is that conduct really necessary?

I had a few cans of beer during the game but if this is one of the causes of this inappropriate behavior I'm all for banning it.

I really enjoyed the first few games but tonight has me wondering whether to go back. The police and army are scared of the supporters. Why is there random fans running on the pitch arguing and being aggressive with officials?

On a positive note the team look like they are coming together nicely. Unfortunate about loosing a late goal.

Disgraceful scenes at the end of the game tonight. I had to go further up the back of the stand with my daughter in fear of getting hit with a bottle or beer can, and it wasn't just certain areas, there were missiles flying from all areas of the main stand, absolutely shocking. The result of some questionable refereeing decisions, but is that conduct really necessary?

I had a few cans of beer during the game but if this is one of the causes of this inappropriate behavior I'm all for banning it.

I really enjoyed the first few games but tonight has me wondering whether to go back. The police and army are scared of the supporters. Why is there random fans running on the pitch arguing and being aggressive with officials?

On a positive note the team look like they are coming together nicely. Unfortunate about loosing a late goal.

Agreed 100% !

It was a bad way to end the game. Makes you laugh when the Thai's instantly assume you're a hooligan because your foreign and enjoy football then they behave like that.

I was near the front and was quite concerned as well. The Ref did get hit a few times and even the CM goalkeeper got hit in the face with a can.

I've seen the crowd react angrily on a few occasions before in previous matches last season but never as bad as this.

Lets hope it's not a sign of the way things are going.

This is the secomd time in 2 seasons that it has happened, admittedly this was a lot worse than last time against Buriram (on that occasion it was mainly against the chairman of Buriram by the Red party followers up here). Not sure what the Chairman of Chiang Mai was saying on the microphone but It certainly didn't seem to help the situation. I could see the referee being hit by bottles and cans from where I was and one full can hit the Chiang Mai Goalkeeper full in the face(if he was any good he would have saved it :D ) and thats not good to see. It was a very dodgy decision for the free kick that they scored from but thats football. In a few of the programmes like the one that Bangkok Blue mentioned the Thai's say that there is now an element of the English hooligans starting to watch Chiang Mai now with the shaved heads etc, I think they may need to look closer at home now. Like you say on a positive note the football was a lot better especially in the second half when #11 Sila-on came on the pitch, I just wish the local hero #23 Sarun would learn to pass the ball instead of trying to go for goal all the time when there are players in much more space and better positions. Im not sure what is happening with Rene the manager but he was very still and silent on the benchj and the asistant (last years manager) seemed to be doing all the work and making all the decisions. Match report to follow on our site later on today.

Edited by thaimiller

I had taken my kids, and their sleeping-over friends, to watch the game, our first visit to CMFC.

The game was fine, if a little amateurish, and the linesmen/ref were indeed making a few odd decisions, which IMO justified their general booing at the end of the game. But the scenes of bottle/can-throwing, let-alone the big white trash-can pitched from the stand, and despite the efforts of our goalie & a few others to calm things down, were well-out-of-order.

So was the circle of grinning bare-chested drunken-idiots, outside the stadium, treading-on & then burning some poor Suphanburi-fan's scarf.

Not a good example, of sportmanship and the joys of football, for kids who love the game. I shall think hard, before risking taking them again, to see scenes like this. :bah:

I thought they were being polite and just offering the ref a beer, all be it from 30 yards :o:D

Edited by alfieconn