Can 90 Day Report Receipt Be Mailed To Alternative Address?

I plan to spend some time in south Thailand. My local immigration office and home address is Sakon Nakhon. If I do 90 day report by mail, is it allowed to have receipt sent to temporary address or not? If not, I'd assume family could forward it to me, or is this too risky? Thanks for any info.

Report should be made to normal office. You can mail from anywhere, use EMS or registered mail.

Thanks, lopburi, but my question should have asked, can I put an alternative address on the stamped envelope, or will the office only send acknowlegement back to home address? Sorry to labour the point.

You provide the envelope but I would have it returned to home address as that is what you are telling them you live at. Now if "some time" really means "move" you should contact the local office with proof of address and start reporting there and have extension paperwork transferred.

Hi,Jezz....in your case,you have 2 choices,first you can report at immigration office that you been now.Or you can send letter(ems)that you must provide envilop the address that you stay now,but you must sure that when immigration officer send back your slip you still there.or you can call for information 042-715-219/////inspector.

If reporting in person should do that at the immigration office where the extension of stay was issued. Most immigration offices will accept mail-ins, so that is another option. But suspect having the notification slip sent back to a different address to that recorded on immigration computer system is likely to raise a "red flag".

Immigration requirements changed last year, and the official line is that you should report to the office where your extension was issued/records are maintained. For more information have a look at this link. A few immigration offices are seemingly not following the central instruction from immigration HQ, but that is an exception rather than the rule. There have been several reports of people being turned away when trying to do 90 day reporting at an immigration office where there records are not maintained.

Only 90-days report is exception from that rule.(from the immigration officer's conference at ChiangRai)Only boss of immigration office know.Some boss told the officer,some not.Anyway if foreigner got ploblem about this case,please contact the boss of that office.

The conference at Chiang Rai,contain the Commisionner,Commander and Chief of all immigration office,checkpoint in thailand.All of them was told by the commissioner that 90-days report can do any office,and the last time that i post some boss told their officer,some boss not.