Food In Jomtien

soihok

Will be in Pattaya in a few weeks with the family, albeit for only a week, and would like to hear any recommendations for food in Jomtien.

Can be restuarant , take away, cafe that can offer good food.

I personally like Indian food but I,m the only one out of our group of 4 ( including a 2 year old ) that does.

Last time I was there was a resonable place on the main road near Hanuman which was good. Can't remember the name of it.

Thai food ,especially seafood is high on the list as well the usual farang offerings.

Anyone wish to recommend any place?

There's a restaurant just after soi 5 Sorry cant remember the name, but has lot's of flowers, just before 7/11. Not A.L.C, but you name it they sell it Thai/western alway's bizzy. So the food is not hanging around. Have a good holiday.

^ Have to second this one, it's named Surf Kitchen. Located between Soi 5 and Soi 6 on Jomtien Beach Road.

Good value Thai food for being on Beach Road, they also have some European food, but no Indian.

^ Have to second this one, it's named Surf Kitchen. Located between Soi 5 and Soi 6 on Jomtien Beach Road.

Good value Thai food for being on Beach Road, they also have some European food, but no Indian.

Have to third this one. They do a sort of ham& Banana fritter that's delish.

Also in Soi 1 there is a proper Italian restaurant with pizza oven outside that's mighty good too.

Have to third this one. They do a sort of ham& Banana fritter that's delish.

Also in Soi 1 there is a proper Italian restaurant with pizza oven outside that's mighty good too.

The ham and banana fritter, Is that a 1st. or 3rd goodie??? & what do you have it with??? or on it's own. Sound's interesting. As Im getting a bit peed off with squid & prawn's.

The ham and banana fritter, Is that a 1st. or 3rd goodie??? & what do you have it with??? or on it's own. Sound's interesting. As Im getting a bit peed off with squid & prawn's.

Sorry, the 'Third' was with refence to the people recommending the place as good (2 others before me).

It comes with fries and a small salad. As you say, a nice change.

I will add my vote for the Surf Kitchen. Never had a bad meal and it is always busy.

If you like English style food try The Ritz in Jomtien complex - run by an ex-Navy guy who was chef to high ranking officers.

For Thai food and especially seafood go all the way to the end of (Jomtian) Beach Road and you will come to a large restrauant on the water. You cant miss it because the road ends there or actually it turns left. This place gets very crowed in the evening so it it's full there is another similr place about 100m before you get to this place.

Actually there are quitre a few places in Jomtien Complex that are worth having a meal at, just wander around. Also Linda's across the road from the complex on Thappraya Road side. Magg's in Thepprasit is another.

I'm sorry but Linda's is rather expensive...........275Baht for cow pat gai

Whoops pressed the wrong button :D

If you fancy Falang food try Simple Simon on Soi 5, Surf kitchen is good, last time I was there it was packed, although if you are a non smoker be prepared for some Russian to start smoking sitting next to you, that's what I had :)

Thanks again for the info on good food outlets, I remember there was an Italian a bit further up the road on the left, heading up the hill, that was good.

The places further up on the right start getting a bit pricey after that , if I remember correctly.

Any Indian or Middle Eastern food outlets around?

Edited by soihok

Actually there are quitre a few places in Jomtien Complex that are worth having a meal at, just wander around. Also Linda's across the road from the complex on Thappraya Road side. Magg's in Thepprasit is another.

I'm sorry but Linda's is rather expensive...........275Baht for cow pat gai

Magg's is good once you find it but it is not air conditioned and can be uncomfortably hot.

Whoops pressed the wrong button :D

If you fancy Falang food try Simple Simon on Soi 5, Surf kitchen is good, last time I was there it was packed, although if you are a non smoker be prepared for some Russian to start smoking sitting next to you, that's what I had :D

So did I but I'll let you tell him to F@@@ off. :)

I like the idea of free Tea/Coffee top-up with the Simple Simon breakfasts. Agreed, thats a good place too

Edited by Dave the Dude

Second that - Jomtien complex has some good places with good value set menus. Poseidon used to be good but I think has dropped its set menu - a place 2 doors further down is great. And the Ritz is great too. There is a small Indian place too. There are 2 sois in the complex so best to investigate both. Several other places there are worth looking at - just walk around and ignore the bar boys.

In reply to the OP's questions.

The Indian on the right heading to the hill is 'Indian by Nature' - Good food IMO, albeit pricey.

There are two Italian restaurants in this same area - Gian's and Pan Pan, never eaten in Gian's, Pan Pan is OK (this is the one on the left coming from Jomtien).

Thanks for the info.

I've never been in Jomtien Complex so I'll have a look round......for food that is.

My Mum will be with us , 70 years old, not sure what she'll make of the boys bars but no doubt she'll ask :)

Thanks for the info.

I've never been in Jomtien Complex so I'll have a look round......for food that is.

My Mum will be with us , 70 years old, not sure what she'll make of the boys bars but no doubt she'll ask :)

She'd be quite welcome to join the fun.