So Its May Now And The Hot Season Is Running! What Is Your Electric Bill Telling So Far?

Lammbock

house ~600m², number of aircons 19, average temperature 26.5ºC. for the period march 21 till april 20 i paid 440 Baht.

So you dont use them 19 aircons yeah ??

2 bed house here, 3 ac's master room ac 24/7, lounge ac and office ac maybe 4 to 5 hrs each Sat/Sun arvo, I just paid 3800b for the previous month.

house ~600m², number of aircons 19, average temperature 26.5ºC. for the period march 21 till april 20 i paid 440 Baht.

2 bed house here, 3 ac's master room ac 24/7, lounge ac and office ac maybe 4 to 5 hrs each Sat/Sun arvo, I just paid 3800b for the previous month.

He's got half a dozen greyhounds on a treadmill and the missus on an exercise bike hooked up to a generator 18 hours a day. :)

I think the rest of that bill he paid in the Pattaya Forum, if I remember correctly its was around 14k baht more :)

He's got half a dozen greyhounds on a treadmill and the missus on an exercise bike hooked up to a generator 18 hours a day. :D

OOPS! did i forget to mention that i paid 440 Baht per day? :)

No, that's rather a half dozen household servants on the treadmills, and the missus cracking the whip behind them... :)

He's got half a dozen greyhounds on a treadmill and the missus on an exercise bike hooked up to a generator 18 hours a day. :D

One large room with a wall and pedestal fan, A/C used sparingly, a refrigerator and a convection oven on the balcony @ 10 baht per unit 1750B for April ... Once I am home I live in boxer shorts. When the ThGF once came over and said 'It's hot in here', I said no problem: Just take off your clothes.

The water bill is up bcz I take lots of showers a la the 'mandi' habit from Sumatra.

House and business combined. One aircomn unit going all night the other occasionally. 6 - 12 fans going all day, triple drinks fridge, 2 other fridges, 2 large chest freezers, numerous bits of electrical equipment + 2 tv's and a computer. 7,000 Baht last month, normally 5,000 Baht when the bedroom aircon is rarely/not used.

3 bedroom house, with 4 air conditions. One runs all night, the others are used sparingly. 3 refrigerators. Electric bill 1,800 baht for April--about 300 baht higher than usual.

If you sort all this out, I believe, what it suggests is that there can be widely varying electric RATE charges, depending on where you live in Thailand.

I believe, the best deal is if you're billing directly thru the Thai govt. MEA... which has a sliding rate scale based on usage.

Then there are some areas/developments with higher rates, like a flat 6 baht per unit...

And then, there are some individual projects that try to rip off their tenants by charging ridiculously over priced electric rates, perhaps to offset revenues from other areas, such as perhaps attractive monthly rental rates that are used to lure in tenants who may not pay as close attention to the project's electric rates.

I'm no expert in these matters, but that's what I've gleaned over the past couple years. Please feel free to correct and or supplement...

• 3 weeks later...
At 7 Baht per unit I expect the electricity bill to be higher than the rent,

You got it right on there.

We only have aircon in one room at the house so the power bill isn't that high. But at the flat that my partner rents in Ayutthaya, this month's electrical bill was more than the rent. I would rather she have the aircon than not. I worked on a job all summer in Germany in 2003 when the European heatwave caused hundreds of heat related deaths because there was no aircon. Some of my hotels had no aircon and they were positively uninhabitable until well into the evening.