So Its May Now And The Hot Season Is Running! What Is Your Electric Bill Telling So Far?

Lammbock

3BR, 3 bath (160 sqm) condo @ Sathorn = 700THB.

My unit has 6 AC, and I rely mostly on fans. My suggestion is to buy a fan, maybe a couple of them.

If the power bill is a concern then buying a few pedestal fans is a great idea, just having the airflow has a significant cooling effect, even if only psychologically.

I still run my A/C but cannot live without airflow, occassionally we turn off the A/C but with the fans running it is hardly noticable. For me the aircon is really only for the drying effect rather than the cooling.

In a 4 bedroom house, with a total of 7 AC units (not all running) and 5 refrigerators (2 of which just for wine) my last electric bill just about hit 10'000 THB. Gee, I am looking forward to the rainy season with a little bit cooler weather.

My family in law likes to spend time out here in the sticks and runs the a/c unit in the small guest house 24/7.. I freaked out at last months bill which was at ฿3,800.

Reading this has made me feel much better.. with some of ya'll paying 10K and up.

I guess I'll relax now. :)

2 bedrooms and a gym. 3 aircon units in total.

The bedroom aircon runs a lot. The gym aircon 10 hours a week and the other aircon a few days per month. Also a few computers on 24/7.

Total price something of 2600-2800. Normally around 2200-2500

1 Aircond bedroom (on 8 pm to 6 am) and 1 aircond living room (on 1pm to 8 pm), 1 standing fan (on 10 hours) , plus 3 large fridges, 2 TVs, electric cooker, microwave, washing machine, standing fan in kitchen.

Last months bill was 5600 baht

3 bed house, 1 aircon unit running at night only.

Usual household stuff running during the day/night

hot season bill 3000 Bht

cool/rainy season 1200 bht (no aircon)

gee looking at some of yr bills, im quite happy with 3000 bht now :)

2 b/2 b 80 sq mt home in BKK Suk... 1 old power gulping floor unit in large living area.... 1 newer smaller ceiling/wall unit in main bedroom. Thai wife insists to run bedroom AC all night in summer time... Thermostat set at 25 C.

Right now paying 4-5000 per month for electric... Other times of the year 3000 or less... Bills really went up once I started running AC all night...every night. Before, I'd used a bedroom sleep timer that automatically shut off the unit after one or two hours.

We also use floor fans in both the living and bedrooms.. And they do indeed help... but what gets us in the summer time is the sticky humidity... Gotta run AC for that.

270 SqM house, facing south

High ceilings, great insulation, lots of windows.

Ceiling fans everywhere

plenty of mature trees around

Aircons always set at 26/27° C, with fans also running, feels like 24°. Bedroom aircons set to switch off automatically at 5AM. The rising heat wakes the kids up on time, no need to scream. Oh, hide the aircon remote.

Bill: 3000 in April

Up from about 1600 to 2200. 4 AC units

we use a lot of fans

thats cheap for 4 ac units, ceiling fans in use?

Two ceiling fans, and a number of floor fans. My wife is a Thai Cheap Charlie so AC runs on a timer usually in one hour bursts.

Bill usually around 700. manage without Aircon most of the time. need it perhaps 1 or 2 months a year usually and then only for a couple of hours to cool the room. The Fans are blowing hot Air which is making it worse, can't ever remember them having no cooling effect before. last night was the first time I needed Aircon All night. Best nights sleep I've /we've had in ages.

expecting a bill around the 1500 next month.

For April.

3 bedroom house.

1 drinking water cooler, 1 fridge, 1 chest freezer, 1 - aircon in bedroom running during the day only and 4 fans running day and night.

Computer, fish pond pump.

1780 baht.

No need to use hot water for the shower because the water is already hot straight from the taps. This is due to the sun heating up the pipes underground.

post-96287-1273307995_thumb.jpg