Open Real Estate Office In Isaan

mpdkorat

I know that in certain cities in Thailand where there are a lot of farangs living, real estate offices have been opened and appear to be surviving. Do you think that the Thai’s would embrace the concept of a real estate office in Isaan?

I know that in certain cities in Thailand where there are a lot of farangs living, real estate offices have been opened and appear to be surviving. Do you think that the Thai’s would embrace the concept of a real estate office in Isaan?

I guess these cities are the 4 - 5 resort towns. What would this office do? Selling to Farangs only could be very limited market in Isaan. Many a branch at Nana Plaza as a marketing angle.

Not sure if Thais move around as much as in the West so there may not be a lot of sales.

As Larry says ,thais normally stay put unless they're evicted. May be able to do some deals with banks and there would probably be an active market in land sales. Every person I know in the Korat area seems to want to sell you some land. :o I know lots of people who would give 10% if you could get a good price. But I prefer nowadays to laze in my sun lounger :D

Didn't you notice? we've already got one. In fact we are opening a seperate office soon. After an incident the other day when our bull-shit table overheard me talking to a potential client and put him off, we don't really want to use the pub any more. We managed to sell a couple of houses last month, although a lot of our letting is done on the website. I do get five to six enquiries every week.If anyone is interested in selling or letting in the Surin-Buriram-Sisaket-Roi Et areas let me know.

Edited by lampard10

Yeah, that's what we need, a farang real estate office to jack up the prices of land all over the country ! :o

It would be (could be) very useful to a lot of ex-pats though, that don't want to live in/around Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket ect. Very difficult to find out what's available elsewhere in the country, especially over the 'net. Word of mouth seems to be the only way to find out what's available.

Would be nice to to see a realty agent that doesn't just deal in properties valued over 1 mil baht. It seems every time I look at properties listed in Pattaya, the only thing under 1 mil is a crappy little 13th floor condo in View Talay.

There are scads of new shop houses and Thai properties available, but the only way I ever see them is if I happen to walk past one for sale.

Didn't you notice? we've already got one. In fact we are opening a seperate office soon. After an incident the other day when our bull-shit table overheard me talking to a potential client and put him off, we don't really want to use the pub any more. We managed to sell a couple of houses last month, although a lot of our letting is done on the website. I do get five to six enquiries every week.If anyone is interested in selling or letting in the Surin-Buriram-Sisaket-Roi Et areas let me know.

No I had not, but interesting and happy to assist. :o Are you making sales to Thai’s as a matter of interest?

I have a very good friend who is a Palat in the Local Land Registry office. Her weekends are basically spent arranging land sales, through various means. I think she has made quite a few bob this way over the years. I suggested to her why not open an office and market this business properly. She said it was a great idea, and has never shown the slightest interest again.

I’m not at all interested in doing this business; I’m far too lazy and could not be bothered to deal with all the hassles that come with making money. I’m quite happy living in the background.

The real point I’m trying to make, is do you think that Thai’s at this time are ready for Real Estate agents.

I’m sure in the end that Real Estate Agents will take off In Isaan and as soon as one makes money they will be as common as Internet café’s and Beauty saloons.

But are they ready now?

There already are quite a few if you google it ,it comes up with several :o

Here is the link for anyone interested. http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com And we don't hike up the price. The people selling the house give us a tip. The first one we ever sold through the pub,the owner said to us ' I promised you something. What are you drinking?' Generally speaking, if we sell the property for a Falang, we are offered a drink, or a meal, or nothing. The two Thais we have sold houses for have given us 50,000 each. Make your own judgements.

Here is the link for anyone interested. http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com    And we don't hike up the price. The people selling the house give us a tip. The first one we ever sold through the pub,the owner said to us ' I promised you something. What are you drinking?' Generally speaking, if we sell the property for a Falang, we are offered a drink, or a meal, or nothing. The two Thais we have sold houses for have given us 50,000 each. Make your own judgements.

Sorry to push it. Have you sold anything to a Thai?

Edited by mpdkorat

Here is the link for anyone interested. http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com    And we don't hike up the price. The people selling the house give us a tip. The first one we ever sold through the pub,the owner said to us ' I promised you something. What are you drinking?' Generally speaking, if we sell the property for a Falang, we are offered a drink, or a meal, or nothing. The two Thais we have sold houses for have given us 50,000 each. Make your own judgements.

Sorry to push it. Have you sold anything to a Thai?

No; because most . Thais or Chinese Thais, will not buy houses that have been already lived in. They will nearly always build their own property. Also a lot of these people will live where they. I suppose the same could be said about Farangs and buying houses, most of them will opt for their own newly built property. But renting is another kettle of fish with the average Farang. I have a waiting list of around 12 farangs looking for houses to rent in this area. An English friend of mine, who is the English builder of Surin is currently building six houses to rent fully furnished. All are already booked. So to sum up your querey; Thais no, falangs yes.

As one of the guys said, there are quite a few already. There is 1 in Udon which is targeting the 'farang' market, and has a good web site. I have no interest or affiliation with them...yadda yadda yadda, but the link is

Isaan Real Estate

In my humble opinion they seem a bit pricey, but their response time to enquiries is excellent, and quite happy to send you loads of photographs. Hope this link might be of interest to some folks :D

So is the 'West Ham Bubble Blower aka Lammy10' offering discounts to fellow Brits ? :o

As one of the guys said, there are quite a few already.  There is 1 in Udon which is targeting the 'farang' market, and has a good web site.  I have no interest or affiliation with them...yadda yadda yadda, but the link is

Isaan Real Estate

In my humble opinion they seem a bit pricey, but their response time to enquiries is excellent, and quite happy to send you loads of photographs.  Hope this link might be of interest to some folks  :D

So is the 'West Ham Bubble Blower aka Lammy10'  offering discounts to fellow Brits ? :o

Actually, you are not far from the truth there. I offer most of my services for free, i.e. Hotel booking,train, bus and plane booking,property views,free Taxi around town for new-comers,ride betwwen our two restaurants,ferrying drunkards home, taking sober customers, pick up at hotel etc. and I do negotiate with house owners to get the lowest price possible.

No; because most . Thais or Chinese Thais, will not buy houses that have been already lived in. They will nearly always build their own property. Also a lot of these people will live where they. I suppose the same could be said about Farangs and buying houses, most of them will opt for their own newly built property. But renting is another kettle of fish with the average Farang. I have a waiting list of around 12 farangs looking for houses to rent in this area. An English friend of mine, who is the English builder of Surin is currently building six houses to rent fully furnished. All are already booked. So to sum up your querey; Thais no, falangs yes.

Basically what I thought. I too prefer to buy my own land and build myself. My wife is the same with the added reason, she does not want to inherit ghosts.