Visitor Visa For Gf To Uk

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I want to take my Thai girlfriend to England for 6 months. Her passport expires on about the 14th Jan 2011.

If I apply to get her to England in July, will she be ok to come back on say the 10th of Jan 2011. Is there a minimum period for which her passport must surpass the proposed visit?

many thanks

-J

Usually the passport must be valid at least 6 month longer as the departure date. Returning to Thailand is not a problem as long as the passport is valid at all, but you may get problems entering the UK on a nearly expired passport.

Why not get a new passport before traveling, it doesn't take long to get one?!

In any case, call the Embassy and ask. They know about the requirements and can give you a answer you can count on.

Edited by kevinbkk

Minimum 6 months I would advise you get a new passport immediately.

I am really grateful for the professional clarification, it would be really helpful, for me and others, if you could supply the source of this information as the only advice I can find it that supplied by IATA on the Delta Airlines website states the passport must be valid for the duration of the trip.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

However as everyone has already said I think a new passport would be the safest option.

Passport might be okay, but you still gotta get a visa, and a 6 month holiday to England might be a little hard for the Officer at the Embassy to swallow.

But passport play safe and get a new one, only costs around 1000baht.