Thai Atm

dazk

sent the wife a prepaid master card, holiday money type card.

she had problem with atm it asks what type of account she is not sure and we dont have this question on the uk atms so i dont know, and i cant remember what options i use when in thai myself.

help anyone

Normally 'current account' does the job which is often the first option, if that doesn't work then I really don't think it makes much difference if you choose the wrong one, I've done it before and just tried again.

For a pre paid mastercard it could be treated as a credit card so if that's on the list I'd give that a try too.

Edited by ukrules

The options tend to be 'Savings' and 'Current'. I typically hit 'Savings', but as per the above, I don't think it matters much with an international ATM card.

If she does it in Thai then it'll be the above options in Thai.

Then after that she has to pick 'withdrawal' because the standard amounts only go up to 10,000. So best to type the withdrawal amount manually and make it 20K.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Usually two or three options, Savings, Current and maybe Credit Card.

Three options, three tries to make it work :)

Ensure that the symbol on the card (MasterCard, Cirrus or whatever) is also shown on the machine.

If I withdraw money with my international ATM Card (Maestro) I use the Credit Card Option. For my Thai Bank Card its the Saving Option. The Currency Option came up after they startet to offer Currency Accounts where you can have foreign Currencys in a Thai Bank Account afaik.