Thai Police Arrest German Man For 65 Million Baht Embezzlement

webfact

Thai police nab German man for embezzlement

BANGKOK (TNA) -- Thai immigration police detained a German national accused of embezzling Bt65 million from his customers in Germany before allegedly fleeing to Thailand in 2009, a senior police officer said on Wednesday.

Pol Maj- Gen Pansak Kasamsan, Immigration Bureau Deputy Commissioner, told a news conference here that Michael Pollimier, 46, was arrested at Fisherman Way Villas in the provincial seat of the southern Andaman seaside resort of Phuket.

The detention followed cooperation between German police and Thai immigration police.

Before fleeing to the kingdom in 2009, Pollimier and four accomplices, who owned a solar cell panel company in Germany, were charged with embezzling Bt65 million (1.5 million euros) from many customers paying for the products.

These victims sued him and his accomplices. Later, the police also issued arrest warrants against him. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-05-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

amazing. going into hiding in Phuket. what an arse!

here's a picture of an arse.

What an asshole_e. Wish you'd have to make the time in Thailand, not in Germany. Time to rip off your arse in a Thai prison.

Please BKA let him stay here for a while..........

Edited by Sisaketmike

...and fix him on a roof together with his solar panels

Yeah! Insert those solar panels where the sun dont shine!

:)

Time for him to produce solar panels in a German prison for underdeveloped countries.

Edited by Sisaketmike

I sure he will say he had good intentions like he was just trying to help Germany fund the Greece bailout.

maybe this will be enough for some ouzo´s(greek spirit)

but the whole amount for the poor greece people is about 120 000 000 000 Euros.(only from germany)

Edited by goldfinger

I sure he will say he had good intentions like he was just trying to help Germany fund the Greece bailout.

maybe this will be enough for some ouzo´s(greek spirit)

but the whole amount for the poor greece people is about 120 000 000 000 Euros.(only from germany)

What's that in Thai baht? 120 000 000 000 Euros. A lot of Lao Kao and Somtham lao for the reds. And they'd never leave Bangkok.

Romania, Bulgaria and others are already on the 'waiting list'.

post-21260-1273690688_thumb.jpg

German held for alleged fraud at home

By The Nation

Published on May 13, 2010

A German man has been detained for allegedly cheating consumers in his homeland out of more than Bt41.3 million.

Immigration police on Sunday arrested Michael Pollmeier, 46, at a home in Phuket, following a request by the German embassy.

He is wanted for 10 fraud cases. The suspect and four other people had sold solar cells to many people, who later complained that the products did not work.

He has been charged with illegal entry and is being held in police custody pending extradition to Germany.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What an asshole_e. Wish you'd have to make the time in Thailand, not in Germany. Time to rip off your arse in a Thai prison.

Erm he didnt commit any crimes in Thailand..

Did you read the info or just knee jerk reaction ??

He doesn`t look German to me?

Nevertheless, he will be sent to Berlin for questioning and doing a lot more time in the Fatherland.

1.5 Mill. Euros?

I wonder they bothered to get him......I suspect there are some other Germans (amongst other nationalities) living here in T-Land

Sabai Sabai....and the stole lots more than laughable 1.5....and nobody cares or bothers to get them.....

another case of TIT (This Is Thailand) :)

Wow. That's a lot of money to embezzle. Will have some explaining to do when he gets back home, I'll bet.

A lot of money to embezzle ?? 1.5 million ??

It's even worse..., split 5-ways :) seems not worth the trouble :D

He doesn`t look German to me?

Nevertheless, he will be sent to Berlin for questioning and doing a lot more time in the Fatherland.

1.5 Mill. Euros?

I wonder they bothered to get him......I suspect there are some other Germans (amongst other nationalities) living here in T-Land

Sabai Sabai....and the stole lots more than laughable 1.5....and nobody cares or bothers to get them.....

another case of TIT (This Is Thailand) :)

See that's where you don't understand what moves the wheel in TIT. They bothered because he didn't steal enough :D Otherwise he would have had enough to pay the monthly "visa fees" with the local police chief. So, when they needed a + mark in the success statistics, the police cashed in the chips :D

Erm he didnt commit any crimes in Thailand..

Did you read the info or just knee jerk reaction ??

He'll probably be detained in a thai prison for a while before sending him back to Germany. :)

I've met and spoke to him couple of weeks ago at an opening party, it was a nice bloke.

"it" ? Wow that's quite the putdown TG, referring to him as though he were a cockroach.

From where I come from it's innocent until proven guilty, I don't think he's been tried yet (except here amongst some posters). Frankly, it's "buyer beware" out there. You buy some solar panels, probably want to be sure they work before you pay.