Thaivisa Users Run Into Each Other Every Day Without Noticing It?

Lammbock

...I mean ThaiVisa.com is mostly for Thailand only and i guess 80% of its users are staying in Bangkok for example.

I read it every day that many users visiting the same spots over and over again.

Sometimes i walking around Siam or MBK or wherever and looking at the Farangs and let me thinking "might he be on TV.com too"?

Should we wear ThaiVisa Shirts to recognize each other???

I hope you get what i mean by this post of me.

Just to get your minds of the Reds. :)

:D

Edited by Lammbock

Yup, I think the mood has seriously turned sour. Note that there aren't any Thaivisa parties/gatherings anymore. Those would most likely turn ugly these days.

But yes, I often think the same when I see a gathering of crusty smelly expats wearing singlets and shorts.. Those are the keyboard warriors spending half their time on this forum being experts. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yup, I think the mood has seriously turned sour. Note that there aren't any Thaivisa parties/gatherings anymore. Those would most likely turn ugly these days.

But yes, I often think the same when I see a gathering of crusty smelly expats wearing singlets and shorts.. Those are the keyboard warriors spending half their time on this forum being experts. :)

hmm member since 2008 over 3k post an avg of more than 5 per day. does that qualify as a key board warrior?

hmm member since 2008 over 3k post an avg of more than 5 per day. does that qualify as a key board warrior?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Now thats funny.Now thats the reason this forum is knackered,posts like khwai,good name btw.How on earth has he come to thinking that,the mind boggles

LOL, right. :D Fortunately though, and especially in less tense times, most of those are posts on where to buy gardening supplies in Chiang Mai, transportation options around the country, education issues for kids and so on. :D Takes about half an hour to do those five posts, and I think it's worth it to provide insight and help others. And on occasion I get information back when needed. That's what makes this such a good forum. :D

I'll admit to sometimes get entagled with the nasties though, especially when attempting to expose radical viewpoints by writing equally radical viewpoints of the opposing side and expect people to realize what they're writing. I shouldn't do that. Firstly because it doesn't work, secondly because it alienates more neutral readers, and thirdly because it's a great way to get suspended, even though it's verbatim the same text that others write day in day out about the politicians and ex politician(s) that they hate so much..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I once commented in a post something like "I hope my boss didn't see that" after it was mentioned I did most of my (former) modding whilst at work.

10 minutes later I received an email from my boss saying, "just so you know, I am"

I then promptly changed my username.

We had a good laugh about it later though.

He lives on Samui.

:)

I know I run into TV members, I know of TV get togethers in Chiang Mai. Sorry, but I only bother to interact with other Farang on a business or work level :shrug: Therefore I will stick to only using TV to talk to other Farang in Thailand.

I've suggested this before - it would be good to have a little badge/pin with the TV logo. Wouldn't reveal your username, but would identify you as a member. A good ice-breaker when you find yourself sitting next to someone else wearing one.

There's a business opportunity here IMHO. George????

Would be a lot of fun if two posters who flame each other on a thread happen to meet in the real life... I wonder how many would have the balls to tell their username!

In my experience (which goes back to meetings of FidoNet, way before Internet went everywhere), the dynamics of meeting in person are completely different. Very often you end up liking someone who you think is the biggest a-hole online, and not having too much to talk about with someone you thought was a nice person online.

:):D:D

Because I've posted lots of photos of myself on thaivisa I've had many people come up to me and say hello. With a few I've established good friendships. With others we've just remained acquaintances. I can honestly say I've never had a negative response or problem because people knew who I was or where I live. But, other people value their privacy more than me and I'm okay with that.

I'll admit to sometimes get entagled with the nasties though, especially when attempting to expose radical viewpoints by writing equally radical viewpoints of the opposing side and expect people to realize what they're writing. I shouldn't do that. Firstly because it doesn't work, secondly because it alienates more neutral readers, and thirdly because it's a great way to get suspended, even though it's verbatim the same text that others write day in day out about the politicians and ex politician(s) that they hate so much..

Many of us do that, Winnie. It's called a PROPER debate. Unfortunately, many posters with radical opinions DON'T WANT TO DEBATE! They just want to ram their opinions down other people's throats.

In a proper debate I always learn something. Very often it is something I hadn't even thought about.

I don't know if they still sell them, but I bought a ThaiVisa shirt from here, on line. Good quality polo shirt. They even sewed my last name on the sleeve (optional). Still wear it sometimes too.

Many of us do that, Winnie. It's called a PROPER debate. Unfortunately, many posters with radical opinions DON'T WANT TO DEBATE! They just want to ram their opinions down other people's throats.

In a proper debate I always learn something. Very often it is something I hadn't even thought about.

Its quite normal im more radical online then i am for real. But when someone gets on my nerves with posts i get more extreme too. For real im quite a mellow guy who can get on with almost everyone. I just like to stay mostly on my own or go fishing with some friends.

I am designing a Patsycat t shirt to wear when I next come to Thailand. I shall have at least 25 of them printed so that I can wear a clean one every day. They shall be a glow in the dark pink colour. Which will clash terribly with my red trousers.

I suspect the streets shall be cleared for me to walk along as you all dive for cover.

I amnot one that lives in Thailand but go on visits with my wife and we travel to different destinations all the time. I look forward to meeting up with some TV people once I land in Thailand on a permanent basis. It will probably be Chiang Mai or there abouts. Looking for a good four baller group. Drink beer and tear up some turf.

Would be a lot of fun if two posters who flame each other on a thread happen to meet in the real life... I wonder how many would have the balls to tell their username!

I do. :D:)

Are you not affraid someone will beat you up james :D:P Not me of course i hate violence. :D

especially if i could loose :D

Edited by robblok

Let's pick a colour on t-shirts.

now... what colour has not been taken yet?

dye_colours_landscape.gif

Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to my usual Kamakaze headband, gp boots and camo trousers - NO SHIRT :D (Did I mention I was going to pin my war medals on my chest but then realised I didnt have one anymore?) :)

I do. :D:)

Are you not affraid someone will beat you up james :D:P Not me of course i hate violence. :D

especially if i could loose :D

Rob I know you big body builder and I am just little old me, but properly motivated, I become the Jolly Green Giant,,,oops that wrong, JfChandler is the jolly green giant.

Maybe there should be some sort of secret ThaiVisa member signal.

You know like a secret society handshake, but not a handshake.

Maybe stand on one leg, with one finger up your ass and another up your nostril or something, means:

"hi - i too am a thaivisa member, and if one wishes, do come over and say hello!"

LOL,"Huey" would be the first word out of my mouth in that conversation :)

:):D Its gonna happen to me next month..... :D