Shipping In Second Hand Car

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry you're so misinformed, you know me?? I have a certification and credentials to match to go with soon with a work permit for exactly my specialty in this field, so sorry for you...JFYI I am the OP....

And Warpy comes in strongly with his massively credentialed E-Wang A swinging, hope that work permit comes to fruition mate.

Correct me if im wrong but don't the "tracks" out here run clockwise, hows does a LHD vehicle gain 2 seconds over a RHD equivalent ????

I am chief engineer for Ferrari in my spare time Monday morning and Tuesday brunch.

I have the right to work in every country I can think of.

The best engineer in the field in "any" company is not a patch on myself.

I am a far better professional engineer than anybody.

It is not just you that can talk out of their backsides on this forum.

P.S. only on the "track"

Sorry you're so misinformed, you know me?? I have a certification and credentials to match to go with soon with a work permit for exactly my specialty in this field, so sorry for you...JFYI I am the OP....

http://www.boi.go.th/english/how/legal_iss...n_investors.asp :)

I know it's going to grate your nerves to be wrong again but I think you'll find that applies to all of you not so privileged farangs who don't have a specific treaty known as the Amity Treaty with Thailand like Americans do, besides that's tantamount to requiring an F1 team to higher Thai's to do the jobs if they had a race here...What I do and what secrets and experience I have IS considered a "specialty" within that genre and no one can dispute otherwise.......Geezz give me some real obstacles guys.. :D :D

And Warpy comes in strongly with his massively credentialed E-Wang A swinging, hope that work permit comes to fruition mate.

Correct me if im wrong but don't the "tracks" out here run clockwise, hows does a LHD vehicle gain 2 seconds over a RHD equivalent ????

:D :D :D :D :D:):D :D :D :D Nothing else need be said.....

Well not for what I plan to do with it or actually something else similar, I plan to put it on the track so starting with this is preferable as I need to go through what ever I get entirely anyway and most of it will be discarded.. Yes, $500US worth the risk to loose but worth far more in the grand scheme of things if it goes through ok, and the left drive is exactly what I want it's worth about 2 seconds or more on the track depending on length and turns over right drive and shift..

- At what length of track does LHD become faster than RHD

- At what number of turns does LHD become quicker

- At what curve radius (slower of faster) corners does LHD show its superiority over RHD

?????

Honest question, I know even this is a shoddy route to go, but could someone link me the terms (in English would be best, but Thai is ok too) by which a Thai citizen living abroad can bring back their vehicle if they have had it in their name for X amount of years.

Thanks.

Well not for what I plan to do with it or actually something else similar, I plan to put it on the track so starting with this is preferable as I need to go through what ever I get entirely anyway and most of it will be discarded.. Yes, $500US worth the risk to loose but worth far more in the grand scheme of things if it goes through ok, and the left drive is exactly what I want it's worth about 2 seconds or more on the track depending on length and turns over right drive and shift..

- At what curve radius (slower of faster) corners does LHD show its superiority over RHD

?????

None.. It's faster in every instance just a measure of how much faster per lap is the only difference..Obviously the more shifting necessary the quicker it is... But it isn't just shifting as much as coordination when down shifting and braking as well..That's when the most overtaking is possible and most shifters are formatted for right handed people and predominantly left drive the shift pattern is completely opposite such as my VW 5th gear is next to my leg close to my body on right drive and the furthest away from my leg when left drive..just one example, pushing from you on up shift is easier to control and apply proper pressure to easily locate gear positions.. It doesn't seem like much but we are talking tenths of seconds between laps being qualifying or racing so it adds up considerably depending on track length..And then there's the matter of missed shifts and the damage they can cause besides time lost the difference could be the end of your race if you float the valves for instance, this is epidemic here..

Also VW engineered their cars for left drive by placing the engine block on the right side as have most manufacturers though there are exceptions and most of those are right drive countries.. This provides for better weight distribution when setting up suspension and handling performance..

Edited by WarpSpeed

What is considered a "Professional Engineer" in terms of a car restoration?? I plan to do the work myself and I'm far more professional in that regard then any locals, so how does that work?

I'm sure the OP means an engineer with legally recognizable credentials here in Thailand - which unfortunately exlcudes yourself, no matter how well endowed your credentials may be.. :)

I understand it to be the 'association of Thai automotive engineers' of which your not and cannot (if your not Thai) be a member.

What is considered a "Professional Engineer" in terms of a car restoration?? I plan to do the work myself and I'm far more professional in that regard then any locals, so how does that work?

I'm sure the OP means an engineer with legally recognizable credentials here in Thailand - which unfortunately exlcudes yourself, no matter how well endowed your credentials may be.. :)

I understand it to be the 'association of Thai automotive engineers' of which your not and cannot (if your not Thai) be a member.

So that was my question wasn't it? No need for all of the other rubbish and trolling just purely information and the link posted was not in relation to what you've now noted...

But if you had been paying attention, this car is not to be driven on the road so from that point of view what I build is not subject to any Thai accreditation except the rules governing the series and that therefore does not apply to me either, end of debate... To quote the forum tosser "oh drat"....

T/A You're officially an ignorant tosser of the highest order no longer to be anything but ignored which is why I responded in this post and will not respond to any of your trolling posts furthermore.... But to say you know me not nor do you know what stature of motorsport I've achieved or anything else for that matter... Just because you're a washed up failure at everything you attempt does not mean everyone else is..

Edited by WarpSpeed

If I'd spent all that money I'd want a BKK plate to make sure it was in the main system.

Is this a legit registration or is it like a 60K under-the-table imported bike reg ? .....Rayong and Prachinburi are known for dodgy (motorbike) regos,

Still well done to whoever for getting it here and registered, whatever the route, show it can be done :)

Cheers

Once you have a book - you may register in any province you want - BKK included.

Nothing at all dodgy - the plates are issued by central goverment - end of story.

Saraburi is the other "Easy" province BTW.

The book could not be with held - import licence and import duty paid doc's are all present.

As the car is "As new" or better and was re-built by a proffesional engineer (Report to hand) along with the car being driven from Sri Racha to Rayong without incident, the licence department only weighed the car (900 Kg) stating it must be OK as it was driven 60 k and arrived safely.

Yes - it can be done and also well done to him !!!

Can you post a link to his "story"?

I'd love to know who he used to import the car etc etc etc

Many thanks :D

RAZZ

"you're a washed up failure at everything you attempt"

"You're officially an ignorant tosser of the highest order"

Sad, Pathetic little man you are.... "

:)

Edited by INTJ

None.. It's faster in every instance just a measure of how much faster per lap is the only difference..Obviously the more shifting necessary the quicker it is... But it isn't just shifting as much as coordination when down shifting and braking as well..That's when the most overtaking is possible and most shifters are formatted for right handed people and predominantly left drive the shift pattern is completely opposite such as my VW 5th gear is next to my leg close to my body on right drive and the furthest away from my leg when left drive..just one example, pushing from you on up shift is easier to control and apply proper pressure to easily locate gear positions.. It doesn't seem like much but we are talking tenths of seconds between laps being qualifying or racing so it adds up considerably depending on track length..And then there's the matter of missed shifts and the damage they can cause besides time lost the difference could be the end of your race if you float the valves for instance, this is epidemic here..

Ahhh i see now, the reason is your lack of ability to drive a RHD vehicle.

Hmmmmm seems like a have few board stalkers but T/A in particular I should be flattered but I'm not the sort to enjoy such katoey attention... Lots of insecure and envious types here eh? :) Like little children in a school yard nanny nanny poo poo jeeeeeezzzzzus :D .... The maturity is overwhelming...

Just for the record since T/A claims I've been proven wrong so many times I'd like something more concrete then just his hollow claims, something such as proof like links and that's plural since he claims numerous times. And being wrong is not just an opinion it has to come with actual credible contrary proof of what I've stated..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yep you got me pegged....... What a <deleted> idiot you are, not worthy of any response beyond that..

God forbid, is he actually 'lacking' in something. :)

Button, Schumacher and Co. can relax a bit now then.

F1 is it?? No interest in F1, there are other motorsports you know simpleton.. Anyway done with your childish envy you hang on to it though as it suits your level of maturity...

Whoever said "E-Wang" LOL hahahahaahahhaha..... that's a first for TV methinks. I hope we get to use it more often! LOL

Come over to the jobs/business forum, we've got e-wangs sword-fighting all over the place! :)

Want to thank all of those posters who treated this thread as it was intended for information and knowledge and responded with worthwhile posts, those who turned into a childish slag fest weeeeeeell.......You know what you can do.....

T/A I was not wrong about anything related to the Firebird quite the opposite it was concluded that it was not likely to be a T/A which was your contention and now that's done with but who gives a toss about a piece of dung like the MG (except you of course) which is now Pwned by China anyway and so far they've done nothing with it either..

JFYI The difference between us is that you still slag on people even when you know nothing of the topic, that makes you a class 'A' tosser where as I don't make any comment on topics I have no expertise in which makes me a class act...

Edited by WarpSpeed

your just a right moron I never said it was a 69 I clearly posted the picture as general example..And that's all the energy I'm willing to put into setting you straight.

I NEVER post on topics I have no understanding of but being as ignorant as you are you don't realize that if YOU don't know about the topic just as you claimed in this case as well, then how would know if any of the information being given was correct or not? Hardly makes you a credible source for criticizing..Sounds pretty conclusively since your the one doing all of the contradicting and commenting that it's pretty clear that YOU'RE the one who is playing the know it all...

Edited by WarpSpeed

WarpSpeed,

You obviously have experience in racing, and you are also proud of your accomplishments in the sport, I think that's fair to say.

Myself and I'm sure many other posters / readers are interested in exactly what you achieved in motorsport, if you would share this on the forum perhaps it would help your cause.

Best Regards

Yep you got me pegged....... What a <deleted> idiot you are, not worthy of any response beyond that..

And yet Ive posted your diatribe on an performance vehicle forum and guess what, every person that has responded (they all race vehicles in some form or another, from V8supercars to the 24hr at Nurburgring all the way to grass roots go-karting) and its was unanimous, you are an idiot claiming a LHD FWD production car will be upto 2 seconds quicker the the same car in RHD format on the same track.

Ohhh yeah, you still didnt answer my other post,well you did sorta, but you completely sidestepped my actual questions, have another try, Ive quoted a part of your post that I found most intriguing

and the left drive is exactly what I want it's worth about 2 seconds or more on the track depending on length and turns over right drive and shift..

Here is my questions in regards to the highlighted bit.

- At what curve radius (slower of faster) corners does LHD show its superiority over RHD.

"Using the Warpy's theory l am going to town in the motor, in reverse with one leg out the window and an umbrella up whilst playing a banjo to see if really is quicker. "

"not worth it "

I agree, driving with the window down......... far too dangerous.

Edited by INTJ

Mick Jagger just said that "The British resent people who are successful" Right from the horses mouth!! :):D :D :D Confirms what I always knew, good to hear a fellow Brit in a position to state it publically though...

Thanks to all you children for turning my thread into a flame fest and to the mods for allowing it by not deleting off topic posts as requested, good job mods :D top stuff!!

Edited by WarpSpeed

Warp, you want to build your race car, come out to trackdays and the circuits. plenty of people around who're willing to help out and inform if you're serious. You'll be amazed at how much you can get in TH without going through all hoops, there's just sooo much laying around if you know people who know where to look. BMW E30 is absolutely easy to get on track and good fun. Surely there's a golf somewhere laying around.

Dont have your hopes too high on "not registering" the car, you will either need a temporary import permit for a race car or documents. They do check the cars on the way to the tracks and/or back. Thats why my race car has copies blue book in it.

Converting right to lhd isnt too problematic especially for a race car and once you have a rolling body, getting those parts is relatively easy I'd say.

Bira turns right, kaengkachan turns left, TCN turns right.

My (race) car is LHD and yes for me its faster since I grew up shifting on that side, dunno if the car is faster because of it.

For the rest, I look forward to see you at the track once the golf is finished.

Must admit that i do find you a bit jumpy to everybody who shoots in.....

Hak

Edited by hakku