Shipping In Second Hand Car

"The British resent people who are successful"

Warpspeed, I ask you again, could you please tell everybody exactly how successful you are, I mean did you get the fastest lap round tesco with a trolley as TransAm would have us believe, or have you won some big races ?

Lots of people claim lots of things in Thailand, so some scepticism is to be expected IMO.

"Thanks to all you children for turning my thread into a flame fest"

Who started the flaming ? These comments ring any bells ?

"you're a washed up failure at everything you attempt"

"You're officially an ignorant tosser of the highest order"

"Sad, Pathetic little man you are.... "

"the mods for allowing it by not deleting off topic posts as requested"

Asking to have uncomfortable questions/comments deleted by a mod....hmmmm

Best Regards

Edited by INTJ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your input Hakku I'm always serious except when I'm joking. But seriously I'm only jumpy at those who jump first just with comments intended for no other purpose then to antagonize and flame like I'm not jumping at you, but no reason to be a door mat and let ignorant people wipe their feet on you either.. I see through the attempts at posting a seemingly sincere question just for the purposes of a forthcoming flame as several have done even though I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt..

Hope we'll see you out there though I've already been out there except not at any Euro club races but for the other races there is not very much that has been of good quality information to me, it isn't about not having sources it's been about family first.

It is faster because you grew up shifting on that side plus if you're right handed it makes a huge difference and track direction makes no difference whatsoever as there also both direction tracks back home too. But the stupidity of someone who posts up results for a touring car series that is 95% left drive and those whom aren't even necessarily the best drivers anyway, so there is no good comparison to be had is very telling of the level of idiocy and not worth responding to, is that being jumpy? I don't think so.. Don't mean to be crude but if your right handed why do you satisfy yourself with that hand?? Because of coordination and rhythm, for the jag offs that permeate this site that should be an analogy they can relate to, maybe not..

Having literally built cars from a stripped roller chassis I know what is involved and that is why I want to start with something already in that configuration not because it's difficult or anything to change over just because there are many things not accounted for and no need to pay premium prices or source them either in our out of country with big time delays and more bureaucracy involved.. There is other reasons mentioned to get something from out of country as the entire engine and tranny begins on a better foundation of performance BMW's and such don't interest me except to beat on them there is more to it then wish to post here at this time...

Anyway thanks for the ideas when the time comes soon I might try to make it out but at this point I need to focus on my own program and making things a reality for the future and not being a spectator at someone else's party as just going there is like kissing your sister and no one respects your advice or experience unless your kicking ass and taking names, to them it's talk no matter how many official time sheets and other credentials you produce...

*edit* I wanted to ask why is any blue anything necessary to drive a race car on the track? You drive there yes?? I intend to tow my car so it will never be on any road why should I care if they are checking cars?...

Edited by WarpSpeed

"The British resent people who are successful"

Warpspeed, I ask you again, could you please tell everybody exactly how successful you are, I mean did you get the fastest lap round tesco with a trolley as TransAm would have us believe, or have you won some big races ?

Best Regards

Just as soon as you post up your name, address, occupation and phone number and then once I've confirmed they're real then I'll consider it... <deleted> Have some respect for a persons intelligence, though you mask it by asking politely(with a back handed comment quoted), it is obvious of your motives and like I don't know you intend to search those noted accomplishments on the web to uncover my identity. Furthermore I've got nothing to prove to anyone here and anyone who has even the slightest clue of what I speak knows by my posts content that I KNOW what I'm speaking of and no one else matters to me..

On those quotes you posted they are all in response to off topic flames that should've never been allowed so they would never have been posted under those circumstances and it's fine if they are deleted now.

Here is the classic restored TR6 with plates - proof it can be done.

He states all costs for license, import duty and blue book = 490K THB - tea money included.

Shipping from UK inc insurance and internal shipping = 60K THB

Value of the car in Thailand - who knows - its not for sale !!!

post-93020-1274325916_thumb.jpgpost-93020-1274325779_thumb.jpg

I notice Mr Johnmacs is still talking <deleted>.That car is even not worth half of what it cost and by the way a simple google shows that you can find much better restored cars for half the price that they so called valued it in UK.

<deleted> Have some respect for a persons intelligence, though you mask it by asking politely(with a back handed comment quoted), it is obvious of your motives and like I don't know you intend to search those noted accomplishments on the web to uncover my identity.

Maybe you're a nice guy in person, right now you come across as narcissistic and paranoid.

Edited by INTJ

I dont know why the blue book is required. It simply is required or you must have a "temporary import permit". I guess they want to make sure that no smuggled undutied cars are driving around unless they're on a temp import with a deposit put up. I do trailer my race car to the tracks.

I would indeed suggest to join club trackdays for meeting people. You are right, at the races people don't share too much unless they're a relaxed bunch like the classic guys.

Even for myself, at trackdays I help people with set up and tires, at racedays i tend to care for myself and my car.

Anyways, June 12, kaengkachan trackday, all skill levels.

www.munmaaktrackday.com

Hak

All others of course welcome too!

I dont know why the blue book is required. It simply is required or you must have a "temporary import permit". I guess they want to make sure that no smuggled undutied cars are driving around unless they're on a temp import with a deposit put up. I do trailer my race car to the tracks.

I would indeed suggest to join club trackdays for meeting people. You are right, at the races people don't share too much unless they're a relaxed bunch like the classic guys.

Even for myself, at trackdays I help people with set up and tires, at racedays i tend to care for myself and my car.

Anyways, June 12, kaengkachan trackday, all skill levels.

www.munmaaktrackday.com

Hak

All others of course welcome too!

Thanks Hakku love to make it, see how it works out, but right now plate is quite full.. Where in the country is that track located? Isn't that on the other side of Bangkok down towards Hua hin direction? How are the regs on getting into the paddock and if so how much??

Edited by WarpSpeed

Just before Petchburi move inland. No regs whatsoever, only if you want to participate some basic stuff. Plenty of on lookers and interested souls.

Three groups, beginners, intermediates and experienced. Instructors for the first two groups.

Starts around 09.00 till 16.00 or so

http://www.kkccircuit.com/

Yeah I see that, I checked out the site but it says 2500b per car and I didn't see anything that said you could enter without entering a car? So reading again and confirming your saying no entrance fee just for spectating or helping out?

In the questions section I did notice that they say no insurance except public liability?? So no insurance for any potential driver injuries? Is that how you've been told or has that not been addressed in that amount of detail by anyone? That's nuts in any case if that's true? As any time you're driving at speed there's a chance anything can happen which is why they require helmets of course and not to have insurance covering yourself or others is not wise...

Hakku, what are the "typical" cars that you would see there.....or is it a huge spread of everything ? Lots of A31's I would guess. I am just finishing an E30 with 1UZ V8 and manual box, unfortunately won't be ready by then.

Cheers

Hmm I think we've jumped the gun a bit here, talking about ''qualifications'' and ''certificates'' and the incredible 2-second savings that LHD will give over RHD... 2 seconds is definitely a lot on the track, but lest we forget, we're talking about THIS:

3190608.th.jpg[/img]

3190609.th.jpg[/img]

3190612.th.jpg[/img]

Now before the OP gets his panties in a bunch and says it was not indeed THAT car but "something like" it - yes, I recognize that. I also recognize that something like a turd is also probably a turd itself. But it's clear that I just haven't spent enough time in motorsports, given my inability to see a great track car when it's staring me in the face (or in some guy's back yard for 200 Euros).

Now I'm no ''race car driver'' (ersatz quotes - 'air quotes' in use here), but my first instinct to ''shave off 2 seconds'' on that awesome beast of motorsport heaven would be to shave 2 seconds off of it's life and perhaps save a little dignity for the old trolly cart by putting her out of her misery rather than convert her into a slick track-killer. But hey, I'm no ''professional'' so I guess I'll never get it.

I just have 2 eyeballs and a brain, woe is me. I wish I had more ''credentials'' because my e-wang just feels so small when I look at that awesome car and I'm embarrassed that I just don't have the proper ''credentials'' to see it for what it really is - a potential beast supercar-killer on the track.

Poor simple me, I just see a piece of shit.

I guess I don't have the proper ''vision'' or mastery of racing mechanics.

I think the OP has been given some good advice, even after showing some quite negative attitudes which doesn't jibe well with the motor forum. We are a peaceful bunch in here, especially when compared to the other parts of the forum! Even hakku's kind suggestion of using an E30 was brushed off with an air of e-superiority.

With bated breath, I await the arrival of that re-incarnated VW in the form of the incredible track car that it so obviously can be (give the proper ''credentials''). I'm surprised nobody has bought her already given her potential. I would buy her just to pick up chicks (because that thing is so obviously a pussy-magnet), but I just am too poor and stupid.

Your Humble Subordinate,

jcon

Hakku, what are the "typical" cars that you would see there.....or is it a huge spread of everything ? Lots of A31's I would guess. I am just finishing an E30 with 1UZ V8 and manual box, unfortunately won't be ready by then.

Cheers

A true mix, new regular cars in bronze and silver from mini's to caymans, new to 30 years old. Your E30 would fit fine. The gold group carries also everything from 5 series street cars to full race E30's

Just a bunch of nice people who love cars and driving. In bronze and silver there's no timing so no competition, in gold its a bit more serious but its NOt racing.

H

Just before Petchburi move inland. No regs whatsoever, only if you want to participate some basic stuff. Plenty of on lookers and interested souls.

Three groups, beginners, intermediates and experienced. Instructors for the first two groups.

Starts around 09.00 till 16.00 or so

http://www.kkccircuit.com/

Yeah I see that, I checked out the site but it says 2500b per car and I didn't see anything that said you could enter without entering a car? So reading again and confirming your saying no entrance fee just for spectating or helping out?

In the questions section I did notice that they say no insurance except public liability?? So no insurance for any potential driver injuries? Is that how you've been told or has that not been addressed in that amount of detail by anyone? That's nuts in any case if that's true? As any time you're driving at speed there's a chance anything can happen which is why they require helmets of course and not to have insurance covering yourself or others is not wise...

Well access is free, its mainly a bunch of car nuts who love to drive around and keep the streets safe.

Cars are not insured on track, same as rest of the world. But we're not racing! Well, okay, should not be.

You should have health insurance in Thailand, that should cover your problems, check with your insurer.

This is not the USA! here people take care of their own stuff and take responsibility if you're lucky and otherwise you got to sort it yourself.

racing and autosport can be dangerous and if you're not capable or willing of taking that risk, then I don't know.

I'm doing this for quite a few weeks already and havent seen anything but crumpled cars from overenthusiastic beginners.

Anyway thats how it is in LOS, cant help it, but can enjoy it.

H

Hmm I think we've jumped the gun a bit here, talking about ''qualifications'' and ''certificates'' and the incredible 2-second savings that LHD will give over RHD... 2 seconds is definitely a lot on the track, but lest we forget, we're talking about THIS:

3190608.th.jpg[/img]

3190609.th.jpg[/img]

3190612.th.jpg[/img]

Now before the OP gets his panties in a bunch and says it was not indeed THAT car but "something like" it - yes, I recognize that. I also recognize that something like a turd is also probably a turd itself. But it's clear that I just haven't spent enough time in motorsports, given my inability to see a great track car when it's staring me in the face (or in some guy's back yard for 200 Euros).

Now I'm no ''race car driver'' (ersatz quotes - 'air quotes' in use here), but my first instinct to ''shave off 2 seconds'' on that awesome beast of motorsport heaven would be to shave 2 seconds off of it's life and perhaps save a little dignity for the old trolly cart by putting her out of her misery rather than convert her into a slick track-killer. But hey, I'm no ''professional'' so I guess I'll never get it.

I just have 2 eyeballs and a brain, woe is me. I wish I had more ''credentials'' because my e-wang just feels so small when I look at that awesome car and I'm embarrassed that I just don't have the proper ''credentials'' to see it for what it really is - a potential beast supercar-killer on the track.

Poor simple me, I just see a piece of shit.

I guess I don't have the proper ''vision'' or mastery of racing mechanics.

I think the OP has been given some good advice, even after showing some quite negative attitudes which doesn't jibe well with the motor forum. We are a peaceful bunch in here, especially when compared to the other parts of the forum! Even hakku's kind suggestion of using an E30 was brushed off with an air of e-superiority.

With bated breath, I await the arrival of that re-incarnated VW in the form of the incredible track car that it so obviously can be (give the proper ''credentials''). I'm surprised nobody has bought her already given her potential. I would buy her just to pick up chicks (because that thing is so obviously a pussy-magnet), but I just am too poor and stupid.

Your Humble Subordinate,

jcon

Your correct on most everything you said except the part about you having a brain, eyes and any clue about what constitutes a real race car and not a piece of cow dung. Don't want to be talked down to, get up out of the gutter and show some real brains and class..

Here is but one example of a car that most certainly started out as one of these cars I'm suggesting and this photo is only a few years old from the 2007 season and since your all so fond of posting British sites, either this one or one just like it won the British VW cup championship 2 years running against far newer and more modern cars in the class until the guy sold it to move up...

RacingVW

Have a look at this gird start and see how many mid to late 90's Jetta/Bora/Ventos or Golfs you see?? It's guaranteed they all started out like the one I pictured it's the SMART/PROFESSIONAL way to do it...

VW-cup-grid.jpg

Below is the car, look at the MkII Golf to the right of the very new and expensive R32 next to it, that car won the VW British Cup Championship 2 years running until the guy moved into a newer car, if you look just over his shoulder there is an MkIII Jetta/Bora which moist certainly began it's second life the way the car I pictured did just as the Golf that won the championship..

VW-Start-P-Tayloer.jpg

By the end of almost every race the high powered and expensive AWD drive R32 had no brakes left and I'm sure that was due to the drivers lack of understanding of how to properly drive an AWD car because in theory he should never have that problem especially since I can say from personal experience that the R32 is not under-brake'd...Eventually though he worked something out either by rule or by changing his style and finally began to win but that was also only after the previous champion in his Golf sold it...It was/is all about HP to weight ratio and good balance coupled with driver skills..

Ok fine then I give up, just Google Sebring 12 hour GT2 track record holder, Road America GT2 track record holder, Watkins Glen GT2 track holder, and finally Toronto street circuit GT2 track record holder.....

the reply from Hak was 'it's free', then your worried about your safety, ala insurance, that doesn't sound like a guy with ball's does it.

Wow! You're nothing if not predictable T/A I certainly didn't see that coming.. :) You're right it doesn't sound like a guy with TOO much balls, unlike you I have more then enough brains to override my testosterone levels and think sensibly which also includes thinking of more then myself and includes the welfare of my family if there is anywhere one should have insurance it's on a race track...But someone likeyourself who never drives anything more dangerous then tricycle wouldn't consider that. But hey you've got "BIG BALLS" (no brains mind you) so you go make a pavement turd out of yourself have at it...

Sorry I forgot, you seem to have already done that....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yeah!!! You think about it!!!!!! You think because you have an Nik that says "TransAm" on an internet forum that actually makes you somebody? Or somehow because a self proclaimed gear head that somehow deserves some respect????? Get over yourself really... You just look the self centered fool...

More predictability, you won't Google it because once again it will show you to be the fool......

Edited by WarpSpeed

Ok fine then I give up, just Google Sebring 12 hour GT2 track record holder, Road America GT2 track record holder, Watkins Glen GT2 track holder, and finally Toronto street circuit GT2 track record holder.....

No need for googling, How bout you just answer my query, here, I'll qoute the text again for you.

the left drive is exactly what I want it's worth about 2 seconds or more on the track depending on length and turns over right drive and shift..

- At what length of track does LHD become faster than RHD

- At what number of turns does LHD become quicker

- At what curve radius (slower of faster) corners does LHD show its superiority over RHD.

Well ??

No need for googling, How bout you just answer my query, here, I'll qoute the text again for you.

the left drive is exactly what I want it's worth about 2 seconds or more on the track depending on length and turns over right drive and shift..

- At what length of track does LHD become faster than RHD

- At what number of turns does LHD become quicker

- At what curve radius (slower of faster) corners does LHD show its superiority over RHD.

Well ??

I did explain it to you if it's over your head then that's a pity for you...Really guys it's been fun and it's been real but dealing with such density hasn't been real fun......Toddle on now... The amusement park is closed....I'll not entertain anymore such ignorance..

You explained nothing, all you did was type out a 500 word essay outlining your lack of ability to drive a RHD vehicle.

Whilst this is fine and I admire a man who openly admits his faults you continue to parade around showing off your E-Wang whilst beating your chest like Magilla the gorilla, so im guessing there is more to it.

If you could reply to my question in point format that would be most excellent.

Edited by Spoonman

Is this 2 seconds a lap the time it takes you to shift across the centre console after you get in the wrong side?

I have idly wondered about importing knackers though. A few years ago scrap yards would hardly pay you for things like that. You can get a half decent car for £250 in the UK and pay for 100,000B or about £2,000 for a much worse one here. I don't know what value the import duties are based on (local market/home market/new price?) but I'm sure if you could figure it out then there'd be a wage in there somewhere.

Is this 2 seconds a lap the time it takes you to shift across the centre console after you get in the wrong side?

I have idly wondered about importing knackers though. A few years ago scrap yards would hardly pay you for things like that. You can get a half decent car for £250 in the UK and pay for 100,000B or about £2,000 for a much worse one here. I don't know what value the import duties are based on (local market/home market/new price?) but I'm sure if you could figure it out then there'd be a wage in there somewhere.

Good idea! Let me know if you found the way. I'm waiting since 16 years to find a way!

Good Luck!

Thanks for calling me 'stupid' and implying I should go and 'jag off'.

I refered to the BTCC because most of the field is front wheel drive similar to the VW Golf/Jetta models you wish to build. It is also one of the highest levels of Motorsport that using mostly FWD.

It is a highly competitive field where a team would be willing to spend money to gain less than a second a lap within the rules. I feel that if they could gain this while converting a RHD car to LHD they would.

As some people have stated it is a personal preference, rather than a performance gain. I personally have done some club racing in the UK in both saloons RHD where I shifted with my left hand and Formula Ford where the gear shift is on my right hand.

I could adapt like this as an amateur driver easily so I would think someone who rates himself higher than the professional BTCC drivers could adapt like this easily. Row 2 in the grid of the VW race, both cars are RHD.

As a racer I am sure you know the difference between row one and row 2 is a lot less than 2 seconds.

If I am happy to 'agree to disagree' with you, but please do not call me stupid of a 'jack off' I did not insult you, just questioned something you stated.

I am slightly confused about your success in American GT2 racing. When you talk about the 'track record' I take it you are talking about the 'lap record' ? Do you mean GT2 as in ALMS or is it some kind of SCCA class?

If so the lap record holder for real GT2 at Sebring is a 30 year old Brazilian called Jaime Melo. He set it in 2008 in a Ferrari F430 GT. They have not even held real GT2 racing at Watkins Glen for over a decade, and this driver was not racing GT2's yet at that time.

http://www.sebringraceway.com/pdfs/Records...ack-records.pdf

Feel free to clarify this statement or refuse to clarify it, up to you, but please do not insult me this time.

Best regards

Jay

No problems Transam, the silver lining to this thread is to introduce other like minded farang petrol heads in LOS....

Great to hear about another permanent circuit from hakku, I though Bira was the only one up to now.

When I finally am able to move out permanently I hope to get a car suitable for track days and meet up in real.

cheers

Edited by jay1980

We got three permanent ones right now. Thailand circuit at Nakhon Chaisi, fun and safe

Bira as you all know and kaengkrachan near Petchburi, fantastic track, bit narrow and no runoffs but very nice and challenging. No 4 will be at Bonanza in kao yai, that is almost finished but the owners finances have been frozen a bit due to redshirt financing blacklist.

Hak