Honest And Reliable Motorbike Rental In Chiang Mai

I have been renting a bike for (3) months in Chiang Mai. The man I rent from (very popular) has insidious business practices and broken, inferior bikes. I have now used a total of 13 bikes in my rental period. From the brakes going out, to dead batteries to a broken and bent nail being put in my back tire...I need someone new, once my month is up.

I do not want to buy a bike as will be moving in 2 months.

If anyone can advise honest, reliable and a competitive cost rental place/person.

got mine from POP rental who have shops all over very good prices for long term rental can be sorted and if you have any probs they change no problem. they have a few of shops all over the centre and lots of bikes to choose from. had 2 honda scooters and a kawasaki ninja of them and no problems what so ever. will use again.

I rented from Mr. jaguar, in a small soi kinda behind the UN Irish Pub. Get into Soi2 next to the pub, then 1st soi right, it will pop up on the left after 2 turns.

Rented there for like 4 months, had 2 slides and no worries about deposit not getting back.

No relation or business interest involved, it's just a nice guy with well kept bike IMHO.

I rented from Marine Bikes for 5 months and was v. happy with the condition of the bike and service as well. I was pushed off my bike by an oblivious motorist and bent the right foot peg a bit and there was no charge to bend it back or ignore the slight loss of rubber. Friend told me he was reimbursed for a flat tire repair there. Rates as good as those above, from whom I also rented when testing models for a day, but I prefer Marine.

To find Marine, you must go east from the east side moat on Loi Cro (sp?), until you come (after many bars, enticing restaurants, and a number of soi roads) - on the right side, to a restored white wat on a grassy lot, lovely trees, at the first main road one crosses (Kamphandin) and turn right (into two-way traffic, incidentally). He's just on the right, alongside the fence of the wat.

106 Kamphangdin Rd., TEL 03-206859 Owner's name is Sombut Thong-Yu. Khun Sombut speaks English well, and I find him congenial and straightforward.

Edited by CMX

Looks like you are going to get a list of rental places... so in effect you could just as easily pick anyone and take your chances...

I rented from Mr Beer, both the bikes I rented were brand new, so I had no issues, fair price, recommended by CM resident...

I've rented from Mr Mechanic and the bike was a piece of shit... but it was a 20 year old dirt bike, not a newish scoot... they didn't seem to care about all the problems when I took it back...

I've rented from ST Motorcycles, and the bike was great, but I think they only do dirt bikes...

Tony's Big Bikes are good, farang owned and managed and mechanics, but they only do big bikes, not scooters... but you do get to ask Pikey why he has "live to shit, shit to live" tattooed on his arms. :)

Cheers,

Daewoo

http://www.gt-rider.com/motorcycles-in-thailand/renting-big-bikes-in-thailand

Well, there is a great chap named Pikey - I think he is part of TONY's. I would go with him.

Never been to Chiang Mai but headed down there soon and I'm renting a bike,

Chris

Pikey is 50% owner... He and Tony work 14 days on 14 days off... Tony started the business 20 years ago, so it still carries his name... they are both aabnaam อาบน้ำ dodgers (i.e. Poms)...

Cheers,

Daewoo

KF6vci - thanks for the compliment

Daewoo you Ozzie pr*ck, you like to think you can speak and read Thai but like many uneducated Thais, misread my tats. As you jolly well know, it's "live to ride" and "ride to live" in Thai. Interestingly, the word "kie" has multiple uses depending on the tone and the little accenty mark thing. One translation is "<deleted>" so my tats often get a giggle from the bar girls and I ain't complaining. :D

You're right that myself & Tony are 50/50 partners but wrong that we don't do scoots - we have Waves, Dreams, Clicks & Airblades plus a couple of Finos.

Right that's it from me, off for a shower...... :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

but like many uneducated Thais, misread my tats.

As you noticed, I am an Aussie... after the damage we've done to the English Language, what do you expect when it comes to Thai????

So - when are you changing the name to Tony's Big and Little Bikes??? Maybe Tony can be the big, and you the little???

Live to Ride Pikey, Live to Ride :)

Daewoo