Google Translate Has Been Blocked

Dodobird

Uh, where is the translate button on google.co.th?

Just go to translate.google.com.

Works for me.

It is on top left web Image Maps Translate of google.co.th main page, click on Translate

Btw, I am in Thailand...

Yes, I have no problem with translate.google.com

Uh, where is the translate button on google.co.th?

Just go to translate.google.com.

Works for me.

It is on top left web Image Maps Translate of google.co.th main page, click on Translate

Btw, I am in Thailand...

Yes, I have no problem with translate.google.com

Works for me, so no idea why not for you. I am in Thailand too.

Same problem here - Thai version blocked.

I guess this has been done to stop people bypassing blocks on other websites and getting a translated version.

Just in case you're having word 2007 on your Computer, just write something, right click go to translate and you'll have a better translation than google. You need to be online, Microsoft is doing this for you, even with a version not really being so genuine....

RUMOR CONTROL!!!

This website is not blocked! Both .com and .co.th are translating.

BTW, the only non-govt ISP in the country is True -- they have their own gateway to the WWW -- any other brand of ISP is really TOT rebottled with different label. My connection often works when everyone else is complaining that theirs is down.

OT but more important to me is that Google have eliminated the "Only pages from Thailand" button.

"Only pages from......" is gone on all countries search pages. As has "only pages in (language)"

Works for me, but on occassions and some web sites it fails to translate which is usually due to no text on the page other than the "graphics-based text" which is really graphics and not regular text like you are reading here. On other times when it don't translate I either just refreash the page or click the translate button and then google does the translation.

I'm using ie7 and Firefox (dunno if it's relevant, but still)

In both browsers, when I hit a page with the majority language other than English (English is my default language) a blua bar comes up right under the other toolbars and asks me if I wanna translate into English,... when I click it it translate the text (in the page directly) within seconds...

Now sometimes it doesn't shows and I need to reload that page once or twice and then it comes.

Have you seen this feature?

• 2 weeks later...

for me this is an intermittant problem, most times Google Translate is accessible when I try it, sometimes it's not. :) Today I'm trying to get a story about nursing school scams to my Thai step-daughter in a form that she'll be able to read it, but the filters are up and seem to have been up all morning.

As for the "quality" ...( :D:D:D ) of the translation, it's horrid and will stay that way until enough people who are fluent send in enough corrections. Meanwhile I try to say things in concise phrases, translate to written Thai, then translate it back into English. When it makes the loop understandably is when I hope the translation is usable for a communication.

• 2 months later...

I was half hoping the Government would have lifted this block by now.

Fail to see the point when just changing the domain will get it working i.e. from .co.th to say .co.uk

Just gets a pain when Google automatically defaults to the country you live in.